It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.8 Billion Year Old Nuclear Reactor In African Republic Of Gabon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

1.8 BILLION YEAR OLD NUCLEAR REACTOR IN AFRICAN REPUBLIC OF GABON

sciencera y.com

Though she does identify the four elements of fission found in the samples for us-neodymium, samarium, europium, and cerium-Rene Noorbergen gives an even more exotic explanation for the presence of these nuclear wastes in her book, Secrets of the Lost Races: New Discoveries of Advanced Technology in Ancient Civilizations, saying, that since modern nuclear reactors call for water more pure than any found naturally occurring on this planet, the Oklo deposits must be the wastes from reactors made by ancient peoples (54). She further postulates that energy from such nuclear plants might have power
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.alamut.com
www.science-frontiers.com

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey ATS first and foremost, apologies if this has already been posted prior to this but this information came to light for me only 2 days ago whilst reading TheEpochTimes newspaper (which is a free broadsheet btw). It instantly remined me of the findings of a vast ancient system of ruins in south Africa and the tales and legends of advanced civilisations from all over the world in general, as a person who doesnt believe in coincidence i see the patterns that all these pieces of information represent based on my own private opinions. wether you believe the more exotic explanations or the standard scientific theories i started this thread to show just how little is really impossible just in regards to the very limited proof available to the common man, hope u enjoy.
peace.

sciencera y.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEsmokefrog
It instantly remined me of the findings of a vast ancient system of ruins in south Africa and the tales and legends of advanced civilisations from all over the world in general,

This is very interesting, I didn't know that nuclear fusion could occur naturally on Earth (well in the Earth) in such comparatively recent times.

But it's a natural occurrence right? How could it have been utilised by any ancient civilisation? No matter how advanced they are, it's not like they started the reaction(s) is it?

It seems to be natural deposits of radioactive material that are in a unique position to undergo a fission reaction all by it's self - I wonder if this is happening much more in the Earth's core? Keeping it hot down here and keeping things moving.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

well dude, frankly i never knew a nuclear reactor could be produced naturally either, and thats my suprise! hehe, it just doesnt seem so plausable as to be explained as such a natural phenomena when until now i didnt even realise it was possible so who knows.
Im looking further into the subject as we speak so will post whatever extra i can find here as i am rather intrigued =)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. I can't imagine Ancients being able to utilize power like this, but maybe this will expand my thinking a tad bit.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I remember reading a free online book titled "Earth's Forbidden Secrets" but I forgot the author. The book talked about the historical and archeological evidence that points to the strong likelihood of advanced ancient civilizations. He would cite archeological finds of electronic plugs in coal, pillars made out of a substance only present on the moon, and maps of what Antarctica looks like underneath the Ice.

I think it is very likely that there was at least one, but probably many highly advanced civilizations in Earth's past. Perhaps they were even alien in origin, but regardless, their existence is fascinating and potentially devastating to mainstream history.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It's well known in geological circles -- the one in Gabon is the most famous. There's a good Wikipedia article with some references:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canis Lupus
I remember reading a free online book titled "Earth's Forbidden Secrets" but I forgot the author. The book talked about the historical and archeological evidence that points to the strong likelihood of advanced ancient civilizations. He would cite archeological finds of electronic plugs in coal, pillars made out of a substance only present on the moon, and maps of what Antarctica looks like underneath the Ice.

I think it is very likely that there was at least one, but probably many highly advanced civilizations in Earth's past. Perhaps they were even alien in origin, but regardless, their existence is fascinating and potentially devastating to mainstream history.

The Vatican and such places do have Ancient texts in their libraries. Could be that these things were common knowledge to the elite back then and they've been passing it down the family tree ever since, so that it wasn't really geniuses per say who developed our modern technologies, but insiders banking on ancient trade secrets.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If that stuff is nuclear waste from some advanced civilization, it sure wasn't human.

1.8 billion years ago? More like the Old Ones and pals, the Shoggoths.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1dee3a871440.jpg[/atsimg]

They'll be back. Strange aeons are almost here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e82facbef58b.jpg[/atsimg]

Ia Fhtagn!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by THEsmokefrog

I think your excerpt is misleading. These elements have nothin to do with ancient manmade nucear reactors but naturally occurring fission.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Even a BLIND man can SEE, There were highly advanced cultures in earths past. You can see a pattern around every 3600 years. The ancients have left tons of evidence behind. Our government just wants us in the dark. Anytime some one comes foreword, its obvious the debunkers are there. you knows even though i like above top secret there are those people who say its run by the feds,DEBUNKERS Humane kind has forgotten to live by instinct,our what your gut feeling is telling you. Its called street wise.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Canis Lupus

maxwell something

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by THEsmokefrog

You didn't know nuclear reactions could occur naturally? Really? You do realize the Sun is a giant fusion reactor right?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Secrets of the Lost Races: New Discoveries of Advanced Technology in Ancient Civilizations, saying, that since modern nuclear reactors call for water more pure than any found naturally occurring on this planet, the Oklo deposits must be the wastes from reactors made by ancient peoples (54).

Modern Nuclear Reactors require extremely pure water to prevent corrosion, which can be extremely damaging in an environment pressurized to 3200 psi @ 700 degrees Fahrenheit. Additionally, although water cannot become very radioactive, anything floating in the water will become extremely radioactive, which will dramatically increase radiation exposure to the workers. Natural reactors are far different to commercial power reactors, they wouldn't run at such pressures or temperatures, and they don't have to worry about radiation exposure either. There is nothing to suggest this was anything other than a natural reactor.

[edit on 15/4/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamma 49

Even a BLIND man can SEE, There were highly advanced cultures in earths past. You can see a pattern around every 3600 years.

Please read the article again, this well known natural reactor existed 1,800,000,000 years ago. The only life on the planet at that time were eukaryotes

I don't think they wrote any texts which have survived!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Think clearly now....
Fission does not require pure water. Move two pieces of radioactive material of significant and sufficient mass close enough so that meltdown occurs, and you have fission. Water plays no part in the reaction unless you want to control the rate of fission. And even then, water does not affect the rate of fission, only bleeds off heat.

Controlled fission for the pupose of generating electrcity does need some source of coolant, water being one, liquid sodium being another. Either is a medium to transfer heat in order to power electrical generators, either by transforming water to steam, or by using liquid sodium to transfer heat from the fission reaction to water, which in turn powers the generator.

So if odd by-products are found in nature, yet no plumbing for a cooling medium is found, I find it somewhat safe to say that no advanced civilization managed to coagulate fissionable material within the Earth's crust in order to utiilize the heat from the reaction as a power source. You just happen to have dense, radioactive materials condensing around the same point.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Thinking well outside the box, perhaps that deposit is waste left behind by a visiting space ship? perhaps one of those that visited Ezekiel? (just a thought)
Come to think of it, the dates don't match!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Oh this is great! It's like everyone who posts is trying to outdo the other with who can come up with the weirdest or most unbelievable (but obviously true!) claim of something mysterious on the planet.

The truth is that intelligent microbes, created by a non God, flew to earth by something yet to be discovered called mindtravel and planted a nuclear bomb that caused life to sprout, forming into intellgent man over billions of years and a seed of thought grew to where someone who would be in power blew up a huge tower for politcial gain and blamed it on another race whos' God was a poor desert rat. The visitations from space are actually opposing microbes from another dimension (called Obamas) who are trying to duplicate the first race of microbes experiment and have decided to blow the world up in December 2012, so they can take over the planet and instal their own life and create their own control. They are already here and entered earth in a sky spiral and have begun poisoning earth via Yoplait yogurt.

Hey its all as plausable as anything else suggested on ATS so far.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

OMFG.... That is so funny. I laughed so hard i had to read it again.

Dont forget though that there is also a gay agenda and they are conspiring with the jews and the fundamentalist christians are our only hope for survival. If you need any more input i will be picketing a soldiers funeral. LOL (just kidding btw)

Where is my towel?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

The vatican not only keeps several books from the Bible that are thought to have been destroyed by "saints" but also detailed records of every exorcism performed for the past several hundred years that has been ordained by the church.

Screw robbing a bank.. i want to get my hands on some of that stuff..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join