It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas Closes Smuggling Tunnels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Hamas Closes Smuggling Tunnels

new s.sky.com

1:50pm UK, Wednesday April 14, 2010

Dominic Waghorn, Middle East correspondent

Hamas has confirmed to Sky News it is closing the smuggling tunnels between Gaza and Egypt indefinitely. Hamas's National Security unit, responsible for border control, says it is imposing orders to suspend activity in the tunnels.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
In light of recent happenings in the ME this headline grabbed my attention this morning.

The article states that there is no explanation regarding the closure, and I am left scratching my head as well. Are they getting increased heat around the tunnels. Are they establishing new lines of supply? Hmmm.

I'd like to hear what others think

new s.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Apparently the Egyptians are installing censors as part of the wall they are building at the behest of the Israelis that will detect when the tunnels are in use...And apparently they are installing the means to flood the tunnels when said censors detect the tunnels in use...

Someone posted an article in a thread a few weeks ago about the wall the Egyptians are building and the measures to be taken to stop the tunnels being used...

So it looks like Hamas maybe aren't too keen on getting wet arses or drowned...Or perhaps they've heard the Israelis are going to make another bombing run to collapse the tunnels and then send bulldozers in to finish the job...

Then again it might just be that Hamas don't want to be blamed for any kidnappings that might happen...

Whatever the case, nothing the Fourth Reich that is Israel could do would surprise me much...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This could also be for economic reasons-I read recently that the tunnels have proliferated so much lately that many smugglers had been able to hoarde supplies,resulting in the prices of smuggled goods falling dramatically.

I expect Hamas are fully aware that if they close the tunnels,prices will quicky sky rocket,generating more income for them(as Hamas control and profit from the tunnels and goods).

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hamas has a national security unit? That patrols borders?

When did this happen?

I usually don't care what the UN thinks, but what does the UN think about this? I mean just as an indicator...

top topics

join