It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drudge Shock Poll: 2012 Election Match-Up- Obama 42% Ron Paul 41%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
SHOCK POLL: 2012 Presidential Election Match-Up

Barack Obama 42%
Ron Paul 41%

Developing....

www.drudgereport.com...

That's all it says. But I had been wanting to do a thread on this potential matchup anyway. Did Ron Paul wake up enough Americans with his sensible proposals, wisdom filled speeches, pertinent questions, and tough answers?

That's a battle I'd like to see fought for sure. And no question who I'd be voting for!

GO RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Why is everything on Drudge a "SHOCK" ?

Who is it shocking? Unless the "SHOCK" article is accompanied by a picture of the target of the article gasping I refuse to accept the assumed shocking nature of the article.

Oh, and good for the doctor.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
wow

how big or credible is the drudge report? If it is credible its good news!

I've talked to more and more Ron Paul supporters around. I know at least 10 (that will actively talk politics). IF he runs in the Republican party and gets the nomination, I know there are people like my dad (who stay voting conservative) who would vote for him too.

Keep it up Ron Paul supporters teach everyone about the scandals that have gone on and all that stuff!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Funny how polls can differ so much from one news outlet to another. I read an article yesterday that indicated that Ron Paul was 5th among potential 2012 RNC candidates.

Mike Huckabee 24%
Mitt Romney 20%
Sarah Palin 15%
Newt Gingrich 14%
Ron Paul 8%

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I was watching a poll yesterday reported on how Congress has lately gone up...50d 42r

They said the uptick in confidence is due to congress actually getting stuff done...they also said polls fluctuate from day to day so dont read much into it.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonholland
wow

Arguable...Drudge is far more credible than say...WND or Examiner...but it is right wing overall. Its probably somewhat accurate, but they do wiggle the numbers to create "shock" when possible

link   
Ron Paul? Isn't he like 100 years old?
Maybe not 100....but he is OLDER than John McCain.

In 2008 I was embarrassed by the selection of John McCain by the GOP, selecting Ron Paul in 2012 would be even worse.

link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I don't think Ron Paul will ever win the majority of votes among conservatives when push comes to shove. For the simple reason that the conservative values Ron Paul holds are imo not the values that the majority of self proclaimed conservatives hold.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
SHOCK POLL: 2012 Presidential Election Match-Up

Barack Obama 42%
Ron Paul 41%

Mickey Mouse would poll good against Mr. Obama, and you can't get more "Mickey Mouse" than Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The question is, is Paul finally being taken seriously by the MSM or are they trying to weaken any real opposition to Obama by building him up as the front GOP runner?
Are they trying to undermine the GOP by choosing for them their next candidate?
We saw how well this worked with McCain.

Or does RP actually have a chance with uber conservative (tea partiers) voters?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This doesn't seem too shocking...it is from Rasmussen. And it is basically a "would you vote democrat or republican" question.

As for Ron Paul...because of his age...his VP pick would make or break him. Like it or not...he would be running as a republican and the GOP would control his VP pick. They would put an ultra GOPer in with him to try to attract the base...which will probably push away some Ron Paul supporters (watch them put Palin as VP again).

The problem is that Ron Paul is too divisive for the GOP base...and any GOP VP would be too divisive to Ron Paul supporters.

The same goes for Palin and Romney...this is why the GOP is having a hard time finding a candidate for 2012 and why no one really wants to talk about it or give these recent straw polls too much credit.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I would vote for Dr. Paul over Obama in 2012 regardless of his age. As far as Drudge goes he is about as realiable as Sorcha Faal and WND although even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once and awhile.

(er nope, they ran acorn out with lies and edited footage, what did Drudge report on that? there should lie your answer)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The only way I'd vote Republican is for Ron Paul. Otherwise my vote goes independent. He's the only one in the party that has a grasp on small govt., economics, and the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Drudge has practically become WND. it's disappointing, but it seems he has gone the GOP propaganda route and abandoned any objectivity he ever had.
He features only anti Democrat stories and uses the absolute worst pics of Obama, Pelosi etc. he can find. The "shock" headline is straight out of the tabloids.
That being said, i find it hard to buy the poll, I simply don't think Paul is in, or ever will be in a position to be nominated. the Repub PTB really wants pro corporate Rommney, and will finance him like crazy. If Paul wins the nod through the primaries, like McCain did, I think he will be buried by Obama in a general election.
I know Paul is the darling of ATS, but he does have skeletons in the closet, and I don't believe his policies would be embraced by voters.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
RP did won all the polls made before primaries, you still remember? - But somehow at election day he was downgraded just to be one of those ten % mans...

"Power is not those who vote, but those who count their votes!"

Dont forget New Hampshire! - Rigging and distortion was so obvious. I followed very closely US Primaries and I remember how that day I, and I still think many more did loose respect for US democracy.

If I would be US citizen that day - enough really would been enough, and I would been joined to militias against government. All those strange events of that day could never happen here in Europe. Not in my country, just impossible... Never.

I still remember that main guy behind those voting machines was surprisingly my fellow countryman from Finland, working for some Israeli company. Some day when time is right - maybe decades from this moment, I will march to his house and ask - and talk about events of that crucial day.

Finnish computer security expert Harri Hursti testifies to NH Legislature

www.democracyfornewhampshire.com...

I will dig the truth out from him some beautiful day and then my mind will be calm - It was all too obvious - I just want to hear that from him, how revolution and last hope of USA was destroyed in that single day.

Peace!

[edit on 14-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by vonholland
wow

Arguable...Drudge is far more credible than say...WND or Examiner...but it is right wing overall. Its probably somewhat accurate, but they do wiggle the numbers to create "shock" when possible

IMO... Everything Drudge links to is credible, but the site is generally "conservative" and picks which links to include or exclude based on Drudge's political slant. I say that as a right-leaning guy who visits Drudge several times throughout the day.

[edit on 4/14/2010 by Jabronie]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

What an extraordinary ageist attitude!

Sometimes with age and experience comes wisdom.

Ron Paul born August 20, 1935.

[edit on 14/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
What an extraordinary ageist attitude!

Sometimes with age and experience comes wisdom.

Ron Paul born August 20, 1935.

[edit on 14/4/2010 by PuterMan]

Yeah, I agree. But why even bother responding to someone who is so far gone that they would even compare Obama's youth and inexperience to RP's older age and wisdom? I mean seriously, you talk about priorities being in the wrong place! Sheesh. No hope. None.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's not a "drudge poll" as some have suggested. It's a Rasmussen poll.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
You know I seem to remember the early media polls for the 2008 election raving about how it was going to be a contest between Hillary Clinton and Rudy Giuliani. Then there was that thing with the actor, Fred Thompson, and a lot of crazy bluster around John Edwards and Mike Huckabee. None of these people got their nomination let alone the presidency.

I'll start paying attention when Iowa votes in their caucuses, because that is when it actually starts to matter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join