It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Disregard For Media Reaches New Heights At Nuclear Summit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Here is another quote from the same Washington Post article:

"Reporters, even those on the White House beat for two decades, said these were the most restricted such meetings they had ever seen. They complained to both the administration and White House Correspondents' Association, which will discuss the matter Thursday with White House press secretary Robert Gibbs."

I find this highly unusual. Maybe there talking about one of those things they don't think the general public is ready to hear yet. Or worst yet maybe this is some kind of a "NEW NORM" where things that are talked about in important meetings will be spoon fed to the press in positive little sound bites. I don't know but I do know that this kind of security is unusual for sure.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

Yep - I think talks has been possibly very hostile towards agenda.

Silence is all we get from Summits outcome. I expects some leaks soon - we have to follow different states own medias and connect the dots our self.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

dont tell me the men who wrote this did not understand the nature of governments. We, the people of the US have allowed our government to overstep its bounds to disregard the simple to understand intent of the framers. It will be this generation which finds that It is our time, it is our duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I didn't support Obama in the last election and I sure as hell didn't vote for him, but I know I'm going to support his re-election in 2012 just for the fact for vengeance on the people who elected him in 2008 and now are deciding against what they did.

Screw you all. You wanted him in there and now live with it for 8 years.

I wanted and prayed that Obama would terribly screw this nation over.

The only reason being is that after all this, the people of the United States will never, ever elect another scum-sucking Democrat into any office across America.

You made your bed America now sleep in it!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Did anyone catch this?

Obama's official schedule for Tuesday would have pleased China's Central Committee. Excerpts: "The President will attend the Heads of Delegation working lunch. This lunch is closed press. . . . The President will meet with Prime Minster Erdogan of Turkey. This meeting is closed press. . . . The President will attend Plenary Session II of the Nuclear Security Summit. This session is closed press."

So, Obama is having meetings with nation leaders from all around the world and they are all closed to the press.

Then he has a meeting closed to the press in Washington with a whole group of Dictators and nation leaders to talk about Nukes.

Anyone else wonder if the talk went something like this:

"If the world could unite under one banner then we could finally end our fear of nuclear weapons."

Maybe this should be in the NWO category?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join