It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Disregard For Media Reaches New Heights At Nuclear Summit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Obama's Disregard For Media Reaches New Heights At Nuclear Summit

www.washingtonpost.com

World leaders arriving in Washington for President Obama's Nuclear Security Summit must have felt for a moment that they had instead been transported to Soviet-era Moscow.

They entered a capital that had become a military encampment, with camo-wearing military police in Humvees and enough Army vehicles to make it look like a May Day parade on New York Avenue, where a bicyclist was killed Monday by a National Guard truck.

In the middle of it all was Obama --
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Was this Infowars article? - No, wtf - Washington Post?

What was his promise in elections about open policy making? ... Yeah, right! This article just underlines the fact from what kind of police state has been raised to D.C.

Article tells it all. "Agenda have to be secured and journalist should get silenced." As a son of news journalist I can see how frustrated all of those US newsmans have to be in these days.

I hope also media starts to understand now who tehy are and what is their purpose in this scripted fantacy called world politics.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It looks like it's up to the people to make news on the national scale. When the revolution comes, I'm sure I speak for all Americans when I say that they're free to cover it in all its glory.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm finding it humorous after all the pandering and covering the MSM did for Obama. They anointed him, they can live with him.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It's all okay you know why?

The powers that be said so. If anyone has a problem i seriously suggest they take it with "The powers that be" Quit whining and do something already "Everyone"

unfortunately. The media is controlled and if they don't like it they can go get another job

TONS AND TONS of news anchors to hire and make big bux

hey this is the world we live in

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The way things appear to be headed, I would NOT be surprised if there are no elections taking place in 2012.

Our dictator will be firmly ensconced by then.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Was this Infowars article? - No, wtf - Washington Post?

Too right, interesting how people are reacting to obama.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
You know it's getting bad when the Washington Post is complaining about Obama.

Perhaps they're beginning to understand what a fair weather friend this administration is to them. I'm sure they had plenty of time to discuss just that while they sat a mile away from the meeting in their "Freedom of the Press" zone.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In some ways i think 'what does it matter?'.

We can't really do much about it one way or the other. But that is pretty defeatist, i know.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't really get why the need for such a massive military showing? .. I mean.. who's going to attack Washington ...... when all the other world leaders are in the same building? Some how I don't think the Russians or the Chinese were coming.
They the French might have tried to slip in when our backs are turned..

Interesting to say the least.. scary at that.. *sigh*.. and you have to admit, when the Saudi's think our "Freedoms" are a running joke, you know we've got problems.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hmmmm...

Maybe its my Stupid European Brain looking at this in a childish way but if the leaders of all the Nuclear countries & regions which would obviously be the most powerful countries and people in the history of the planet..

..Capable of destroying the world dozens of times over..

..Are going to be congregating in an area in a country prone to terrorist attacks and with enemies in every continent and a problem with domestic terrorism and anti Globalization groups..

..Isn't it common sense for security reasons to have the place completely secure??

Am I missing something here but wouldn't this happen in any country?

I know if it was in France, Germany, the UK or even Ireland.. the place would be locked down so tight with military and armour it would be hard to breath..

If one attack took place and wiped out all the worlds most powerful leaders in one fowl swoop.. how long before the planet destabilized into war?

Clearly though.. this is obviously some conspiracy and not common sense..

Obviously my trail of logic is completely laughable

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
LIVING WITHOUT THE TRUTH

If people would know whats really happening these days behind those closed doors, I think they would quit working right away because of coming inflation, quit buying cars because of coming oil prices - they would start to group as militias because of coming wars and devastation, abandon cities witch truly are traps made for them and they would start ask questions from if their voice ever been heard...

But no. Their life is just a pointless slavery with minds fulfilled by brainless entertainment, and need for that ruthless competition from all kinds of luxury items, and from will to please their empty minds with stupid pleasures.

Life is education for all of us - we the soul keepers are just childrens down here, but our puppet leaders and shadow governments have taken away that most important food from us - wisdom, and they have given back only empty entertainment and lies.

How can we learn anything because every detail of truth is taken away from us? What is really the point for our souls to grow here, when only thing what they offer to us is distortions, lies and silence?

As for peoples like I am - very old soul left alone to this modern world, without possibility to make any of my natural duties as a care taker - how can I lead my people anywhere, when power to make decisions from my own peoples is hijacked to thousands miles away from our communities, and all the truths, regarding our future is always decided behind those closed doors - far away amongst unions and privat conspiracies.

Every day I wake up to this madness called reality, and I am feeling growing pain from it. I see huge wars and devastation witch is coming - but how much I use time to dig out the truth and trying to prepare my wisdom to take whats coming - I can only see more lies, but truth is still hiding somewhere too far away...

SHAME ON YOU LIARS!

And all of those who are keeping as secret our own issues. After this life I have only one report to give to my superiors in upper level - Truth is only what matters, nothing more - nothing else, without that all life is pointless.

Just had to say this... Feeling bad.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cincinnatus
You know it's getting bad when the Washington Post is complaining about Obama.

Perhaps they're beginning to understand what a fair weather friend this administration is to them. I'm sure they had plenty of time to discuss just that while they sat a mile away from the meeting in their "Freedom of the Press" zone.

If you think thats bad, you should of seen Keith Olbermann the other night on Obama.

Olbermann on Obama's assassination program
www.salon.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Let it all out. Too many of us are 'biting our tongues' and waiting for some sign that an improvement is 'en route.'

The theater of the political was entertaining and enthralling for many, but as the glitz and glamor wear off revealing the same old sooty smarmy sweaty and self-serving 'club' members, more than a few are starting to realize that they have been had.

The really open-eyed ones are realizing it isn't an "Obama" thing, it isn't a "political" thing, it isn't even an "ideological" thing. It is what it has been since mankind realized slavery is the ultimate power over humans.

Bo matter how you slice it, the bottom meme under the 'benevolence' of the elite-class leadership is the same as it has ever been... their formula for non-elite life is as described by Beast1333...

"Be born, get schooled, go to work, and die."

or

"Wake up - go to work - go to sleep - die." (repeat)

Leave the creative thought, the future plans and goals, and the tools of control to "them" - why? Because they say so. DO NOT question their exclusivity, because that is wrong-headed - and a clear sign of jealousy and pettiness at best, or criminal treason at worst. The law is control for you, protection for them. "We the people" are subject to concrete law, they are subject to their own 'malleable' policy.

When they fear, the nation herself is at risk; when we fear, all is well - for them such 'fear' is good.

Sometimes I wonder if some of them actually do think of the population as a Human 'Resource' to be 'used.'

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I see, Obama convenes a meeting or summit and the next day its hailed a success based on the press release given out by the Obama regime. Do these idiots really believe we believe what they say?

If telling the news media what the news "IS" without any verification or press participation is the newest Obama deception technique. Instead of inviting the press to attend the summit, they tell the press what they want them to repeat and ensure that no media or press is invited to witness just how the summit actually went. This is propaganda at its best and its coming from the transparent president Obama and his circus of imbeciles.

The MSM like some lap dog goes out and repeats the propaganda from the Obama regime and we the American public are left wondering, what happened to all the transparency we were suppose to have? What happened to the media being a part of our process of checks and balances?

Anyway, I find it ludicrous that Obama would call a meeting without the media or press being present and then declares just how much a success it supposedly was based on what they tell us. This phony leadership is an insult to the intelligence of the American public. We deserve better and the sooner the better.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Obama no longer needs the media and the love affair is long over. For him, the mission is accomplished. The WH communication office is even bypassing the press corp these days by twittering around them and by ditching them to attend a "soccer game". Which for Obama could have been a much needed photo op boost.

Gibbs continues to belittle the press during the daily briefings and so on and so on. The press pool is fed up.

The ideal of mutual respect with this administration will never be more than just a simple notion.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The press are becoming irrelevant.

Its probably only a matter of time, before the executive branch forms an information office that prints its own newspaper, magazine, and airs its own 24 hour news channel/website/Iphone app.

The military already has various branchs of "times", like the Army times. There's already the Stars and Stripes newspaper and the Pentagon channel.

So same concept but on a larger scale.

Hello Pravda!

[edit on 14/4/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thank you from your understanding... After I wrote that - I felt better right away.

I am very sorry from what has happened in USA after 911. Truly I am.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Hello Pravda!

[edit on 14/4/10 by MikeboydUS]

lol

too true. Info wars are so important, just be glad we have the net.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I think that under AIPAC - and all what we clearly know in here - State owned media is not needed anymore. In reality - those are already done. Its just some separate parts (individuals) of that large media monster, who havent notice that the head of this monster have been changed.

There Were 88 Media Companies... Now There Are 6

www.rense.com...

WHO REALLY OWNS THE MEDIA IN 2010?

www.realzionistnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join