It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious radio waves emitted from nearby galaxy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhines
Whatever it is it's really old. It takes a signal 12 million years to reach us here on earth if it travels with the speed of light.

Does it simply make it 4 million years old at 4 x the speed of light ?

Also got to wonder if the radio wave can go 4 x the speed of light,what other speeds are attainable ?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
If aliens come here and they look like mutants

i'm pretty sure everyone will get machine guns and we'll happily blast them away

HOWEVER if they are human and from a more advanced time...All is good i suppose

however if they want to breed with us i however WOULD not

They can be 900 years old and look 20...we have no clue what's going on

Is there life in this universe elsewhere..HELL WHY NOT. Why do we think we are alone

We make progress everyday. I however would not get on a space ship with some weird kind of humans and travel the galaxy.

This is like STAR WARS...I really don't want to get in darth vaders way or deal with a jedi force lol

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
For those of you who missed this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Astro Engineer, if he is who he says he is comes out and states that NASA's Quantum Physics lab and the DOD are using Faster than light communication and have been for some time.

Faster than light Communication ?

Ohhh yeah I heard about this yesterday

All the best,

Korg.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hahaha i'm so fascinated by this

Just imagine a bunch of huge spaceships hover over us and we are defenseless and they invade our planet and make us slaves

I would not take my chances...hey they can be demons in outer darkness

I don't trust their little signal not even one bit

Let them keep sending signals - i totally would ignore

Things are worse off the way it is. First let's decode it before doing anything stupid

Or let them probe us...It's like internet port scanning

probably trying to see if they can get back a legit response. If we don't respond they think we have a SPAM BLOCKER and just go somewhere else

It's a smart thing to do

It's like another earth looking for "LIFE ON ANOTHER PLANET" no thank you i don't need strangers living on this planet with us or causing a war with us

Hell it might be signals from an Alien war or some sort of HUGE war going on the the signal was SPREAD ALL OVER THE UNIVERSE. NOT JUST TOWARDS EARTH

Think people think...this signal probably is coming from galaxies and galaxies away it's probably bigger than we can ever imagine

I wonder what NASA has to say...hmmm

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Kingdom of darkness]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder

This has not been falsified. All the supposed superluminal things we've seen pop up recently are only exceeding c in their group velocity. The rate at which information is traveling is still below c.

So. . . .Don't perpetuate falsehoods like that.

I didn't say that information was sent along with the radio wave

However, what about Quantum Tunneling??

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Making the post to clarify how further out possible alien civilizations might exist that our propagating radio signals might have reached since Marconi first large scale radio transmission.

Warning: 5 megabyte image
upload.wikimedia.org...

Markoni's radio signals travel distance in to the Cosmos

Red circles relative diameter of any the O letters in the printed words pictured in this schematic, is roughly the representation of the distance that our radio signals have traveled through the Cosmos until our present year at 2010 since Marconi's first trans Atlantic radio broadcast experiment was broadcasted through space.
We can find the approximate representation of the distance in the 3d graphic from the left that is tittled "Galactic Realm" in the above 5 megabyte picture.

Diameter of signal dissemination at all directions is aprox. 110 light years or 33.7 parsecs.
Only civilizations within this sphere of 110 light years with available technology and intend to capture our transmissions will be notified for our presence.
It is estimated that at least more than 16.000 different stars exist inside this sphere of 110 light years around our Solar System.

The equation for a very rough calculation of the stars inside a radius around our solar system:
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...
What is a stelarium:
www.stellarium.com...

[edit on 15-4-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Hi, I cant remember how many times I've been shot down on ATS or had threads removed for FTL, and once again I have been proven correct.

I notice the MOD's don't like this information becoming public as every time I can prove "C"+ (light speed in a vacuum).

I said within the last 2 months that it is so easy to break E=MC squared, and now the astrophysicists have proven me right again by saying that sideways spin of a wave particle is faster than light in a forward direction is exponential to to the rate of spin.

If you want to really go FTL then increase the radial spin of a particle then harmonically you can induce a standing wave of the golden ratio of the forward momentum, The harmonic is a stabliser of quantum fractals.

using that we can go from "here" to "there" by harmonising tachyons for FTL entanglements. Using a static equation (state of 'self") we can transport.

That is based on "as above so is below" hence that is why quantum theory has 3 states. either /or /and now then extrapolate to "when / where / why.

So as can be seen we can now manipulate matter and bend time and light, lower and higher harmonics are some tools for "before"and 'after" of the present experience which is a "static" perception of "what happens this instant we experience".

hope this helps the guys at the LHC, but that is a prediction for the next 5 years and maybe publiclly release to the sheeple.

HADES

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Indeed allegedly it was a specific experiment with plants and their cut off parts that cells from different parts still reacting signaling to each other like they were still in the same organism and not separated. Peculiarities in the measurements of the expected reaction signals made them duplicate this experiments in space with the space shuttle where they allegedly found that cell information transmission speed between earth based plant and space based part might amount to x5 times the speed of light. Later they tried to discover what particles could be detected responsible for carrying out these transmissions and the whole information goes missing from there. I can't find a link anymore or a reference, its been a long ago since this experiment became public, like from the early 90s and I read it in a non English language paranormal magazine.

From what I can recall specifically it was their recorded Kirlian emission measurements patterns were altered when one plant organisms aura (notice how a biological organisms kirlian discharges resemble the Sun's coronal discharges from its Photosphere) seemingly reacted from an external stimulation like burning for example and how those patterns were identically appearing at the other organism that used to be part of the same plant. The earth to space orbit instantaneous reaction speeds that later got calculated using some mathematical models yelled an close to 5x faster than light speeds between the two different organisms.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the universe is full of a$$holes sending radio signals to each other. i bet on another planet a four headed, bug eyed group of aliens are wondering to decide if they should invade a blue pearl like planet full of idiots and arrogant "leaders" who keep sending exact co-ordinates of their location.

Haha! Brilliant!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
Maybe we just witnessed the equivalent of a LHC in another galaxy at full power while a bird like animal drops a croûton into it!

At this very moment a million trillion billion croûtons could be screaming towards Earth at 4x the speed of light. Head for the hills or get your Ranch dressing out. It's your call fellow ATSers. I warned you

[edit on 14-4-2010 by IntelRetard]

This just in from Galactic News Network:

A recently discovered civilization has met a tragic fate when its path has met with billions of trillions of space born croϋtons accidentally fired from another solar system many light years away.
The now fully crispy croϋtons upon impacting the planets atmosphere consumed all the oxygen its inhabitants relied on for staying alive.
Our interstellar reporters missed discovering the particular planet by 2 solar days after they began looking for it when local alien explorers rumors about an non contacted yet inhabited planet spiked their curiosity.
Our reporters were ready for some spectacular footage of yet another episode of their series of documentaries about visiting non contacted civilizations to record the inhabitants genuine reactions to first alien contact.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
damn...how stupid are we gonna feel when the signal turns out to be a signal that we sent from our future selves telling us not to vote for Obama

anyways..if it takes the suggested 12M years to reach us, will we not be able to outrun any response we send today in say...100 years

I am going to finish reading the thread now...back in a bit for more witty retort (or not)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FTL_Navigator

hope this helps the guys at the LHC, but that is a prediction for the next 5 years and maybe publiclly release to the sheeple.

HADES

I hope they make it a little more understandable than you did.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by MysterE

any chance at all they are answering our radio signals? or maybe they detected our technological civilization somehow and are saying hi...

I don't know if I'm right but I don't think there's any way we can decipher an ET message if its in an alien language and alien code...

but I hope we can at least ascertain an artificial, intelligent, technological pattern

who knows, maybe they're also tagging earth and saying "we're on our way
"

[edit on 14-4-2010 by reject]

Our radio signals won't reach there for at least 12 million years, or at least, reach where they were 12 million years ago, as that was when this signal was generated by whatever it is. And anyway, it's possible our signals might have decayed so much over space and time that they are no longer detectable by then.

If the purpose of any signal is to make contact, then the intelligence originating said signal would most likely use pure mathematics and binary code, since that would be what most other technological civilisations would understand.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
in the 12 million year figure that the signal took to get here...is the expansion of the universe taken in to account in this? I mean, if it was that far 12 million years ago then sure it's further away now?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
in a Galaxy far far away 12 million light years that is !

what you just heard is a Millennium Falcon (Han Solos ship ) just hit the highest warp speed ! or some Explosion radio wave

the sad thing is those telescopes only see what happened 12 millions years ago from that Galaxy m82 now if that object (IF) it is a object it would of landed here on earth 3 million years ago , it that was its destination if it went 4x faster then the speed of light

Reverse thrusters er The polarity breaking going close to the Water Planet those darn Draconian s , Pleidians , Andromeda's Orion's Sirans (grays did not come here till 1933 as i read) and the rest Etc

ohh i forgot maybe it's the V Visitors ! eh ohh joy lol were going to be Reptilian Food ohh wait is that what the Draconian s are doing Already if you believe in them

some links sorry could not resist off topic >? in this Time and People are waking up! I think not
thevisitors.wikia.com...

or something real like this some say 2 asteroids collided or an Alien Ship leaving a trail like a comet www.freshbasilcrew.com...
from NASA
www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I am new to this website. How can I send this to my facebook so I can share this very interesting information? Love and Light, Maya

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingdom of darkness
If aliens come here and they look like mutants

i'm pretty sure everyone will get machine guns and we'll happily blast them away

HOWEVER if they are human and from a more advanced time...All is good i suppose

however if they want to breed with us i however WOULD not

They can be 900 years old and look 20...we have no clue what's going on

Is there life in this universe elsewhere..HELL WHY NOT. Why do we think we are alone

We make progress everyday. I however would not get on a space ship with some weird kind of humans and travel the galaxy.

This is like STAR WARS...I really don't want to get in darth vaders way or deal with a jedi force lol

900s years old well as the Christian/Jewish Human manual Bible would put it that Early Man could lived to be close to 1000 years then Man was punished down to longevity of 120 years

then again show me any mammal that lived that long 120 years world record is 122 years for a human (not a bird oldest bird that lived was in it's 70s i think Fish sturgeon over 100 reptile tortoise over 100 )

Source links nice to view and great info !

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Did Early Human have a more Reptilian Brain ?

The Reptilian Complex

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Hey man, that's what i was talking about earlier!, if we hear a signal that seem's to be travelling faster than the speed of light, and actually turn's out to be, then were looking at something going backwards in time. That's mind boggling

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod
reply to post by dreadphil

"if u see the tornado not moving in a lateral direction then it is either moving toward you ( hopefully not!) or away from you...so if they see it moving it must be moving in a paralell direction in relation to us. just some thoughts I had in a very interesting subject. "

You got paralell and lateral confused above.

Ah you are correct it seems...My bad! thanx ,,,,but the thought behind it still stands,

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join