It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious radio waves emitted from nearby galaxy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

as i understand it, 4 times the speed of light would still be impossible. If you were going 99.999% the speed of light and you shined a flashlight off the front of the ship, that light would, according to Einstein, still be going the speed of light, not almost twice the speed of light as would make sense. So, according to einstein, even two light beams going in opposite directions are only relatively separating at twice tthe speed of light maximum, not "over four times".

Then again, I don't believe that nothing can go faster than light anyway

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, dont bash me, but could it be a creature that's living in space and is able to travel faster than the speed of light... some kind of "space" whale

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

not like the one on doctor who's last episode

I would say not very likely but what do i know....

any ideas which are more likely

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
We as humans are the noise pollution of the universe. Were the large suv with huge subwoofers cranking up the bass in front of other cars during traffic. And you wonder why aliens have an agenda

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

No bashing from me, it very well could be a plausible theory.

I haven't a clue about what this could be, or where it is going.. and desperately trying to comprehend a quarter what is being said here.. but couldn't this be some type of propulsion of something moving forward?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
We as humans are the noise pollution of the universe. Were the large suv with huge subwoofers cranking up the bass in front of other cars during traffic. And you wonder why aliens have an agenda

oh noooooooo!

Oh man I bet we are!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Just sent an email requesting the audio! Will update if I get a reply.

-E-

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Thank you MysterE. I am quite curious about this. I can't even being to imagine what this could/would/should sound like.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
wonder how long it will take that object to slow down and become a stationary object, or will it wander the void for all eternity ?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
so If an object breaks the sound barrier, there is a loud explosion at that exact moment, what happens when the light barrier is broken? Since it's never happened that we know of, it's all just a guess, but it might be a real bright flash of light like what was seen at the beginning of this event. So in theory, it could be another civilization experimenting with their new technology. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is big. I think we may have the first step towards full disclosure in the works. If the gov't didn't want this to get out it wouldn't have. I hope we find out exactly what is sending those radio waves.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
For those of you who missed this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Astro Engineer, if he is who he says he is comes out and states that NASA's Quantum Physics lab and the DOD are using Faster than light communication and have been for some time. Here is a link to Astro Engineers blog which I find very interesting astroengineer.wordpress.com...

It is indeed interesting that this information is coming at us so rapidly lately. My mind is having a hard time wraping itself around all of the possibilities. Throw the physics books out the door when it comes to space people.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Who knows it might even be some unknown race testing out there new Galactic FTL drive.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

I really, really, really hope this is true.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Haydn_17

And here i was thinking the exact same thing.

But hey you never know, billions of planets out there, at least 1 must have intelligent enough life on it to achieve this.

Hell if intelligent life can happen here it can happen somewhere else as well.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Rising Against]

Yes, if they ever do find intelligent life on Earth
They have to find us first and make that decision.

While there are billions of galaxies. There could be an unlimited amount of chemical and biological mixtures waiting to be discovered. We sit here pumping trillions into bad markets lead by even worse people at times. Trillions into new and innovative ways to exterminate each other. Where could we be with 50 years of pumping trillions into colonizing and exploring other areas of space. We do not have to slaughter each other to develop new technology.

Yes point Seti at it.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by IntelRetard]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by IntelRetard]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
This is pretty interesting, but check this out!

Yet it does seem to be moving – and fast: its apparent sideways velocity is four times the speed of light

This is an image of the M82 Galaxy that the signal is coming from

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba4b2aa551a2.jpg[/atsimg]

for you google sky users M82 is located at RA 9h55m52.72s Dec 69'40'50.30" (or just search M82!)

But what could this be?

MY GOD IT IS AN ALIEN SHIP!

Sorry I had to. :p

Well actually..
IF It is moving 4 times x light speed for a year now!
Keep watching this! If it stops and then resumes after some time chances are IT IS A SHIP!
Radio emissions might the energetic signature of its propulsion drive and must be very peculiar technology since it's creating all that noise.
Or a continuously phased recycling singularity of a black hole?

Which part of our current technology is hinting at the creation of such energetic signatures? Some kind of a very advanced pulse detonation method using nuclear elements?

Chances are that since technology is progressing we might be able to see them traveling around in their odd technologies but we will have no ways of contacting them and I am talking of similar level of civilizations that will emerge at our vicinity once our technology is capable of picking up their activities. we might be seeing them just like pulsars, we know they are there, we know they are puzzling, we might think they are aliens but we would have no way to contact them so will just get used to the idea of them existing but we cannot have a contact with them yet.
Yet, it seems that is a huge amount of energy for to be some kind of propulsion drive but really what are they trying to move? A whole planet?

[edit on 14-4-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Messier 82 (also known as NGC 3034, Cigar Galaxy or M82) is the prototype[5] nearby starburst galaxy about 12 million light-years away in the constellation Ursa Major. The starburst galaxy is five times as bright as the whole Milky Way and one hundred times as bright as our galaxy's center.[5]

Whatever it is it's really old. It takes a signal 12 million years to reach us here on earth if it travels with the speed of light.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by rhines]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
correct me if im wrong, ive never heard anything like this.
If an object travels near to the speed of light, time has accelerated dramatically for that object
If an object (impossible) can travel at a faster speed than that of the speed of light, does it not move backwards in time? are we listening to a signal travelling backwards in time?, does this mean the signal need's to be played in reverse to hear it properly?
I can understand something travelling at twice the speed of light, i.e., if an object is travelling at the speed of light but is giving of light itself, the light will also travel in the same direction at the speed of light regardsless of how fast the object is travelling, so it's travelling at twice the speed, this seem's to be the absolute limit.
but 4x the speed of light? sound's like something either going backwards in time, or perhaps a wormhold through space, or perhaps an alien craft from 12 million light years away travelling backwards in time, or using a wormhole to get from one point in space to another?

crazy # though, i want a copy of this signal.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
Astro Engineer, if he is who he says he is comes out and states that NASA's Quantum Physics lab and the DOD are using Faster than light communication and have been for some time.

It is indeed interesting that this information is coming at us so rapidly lately.

Not to mention tommorrow President Obama gives a major NASA speech tommorrow April 15th about the direction NASA will go in the future. I wrote a thread on it speculating on the possibility of a manned Mars mission. Heres the thread
Will Obama announce a Mars mission April 15th?

Gonna definatly keep a close eye on that one!

-E-

[edit on 14-4-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It does make one wonder why the time is nearing to deploy Robonaut

NASA: Humanoid robot slated to live on space station

Computerworld - Astronauts aboard the International Space Station are slated to get an interesting new roommate later this year.

A 300-pound humanoid robot, dubbed Robonaut 2 (R2), will be transported to the space station aboard the NASA space shuttle Discovery in September -- one of the final scheduled shuttle missions. Jointly developed by NASA and General Motors Corp., the robot will become a permanent resident on the orbiting station.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join