It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious radio waves emitted from nearby galaxy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Maybe or time would go very quickly compared to now.

Think about it on a biological level as well.

Now on Earth we have 365 days p/year.

Mars has approx double that, would we live longer due to our perception... no as Mars has a slower orbit so equals out. We would age the same.

Well thats my opinion anyways.

Also when we freeze something or if we could put something into suspended animation time also stops for it and everything around that object appears to speed up ( biologically )

One last example i will also add is for atoms in the LHC ( large hadron collider ) now for a particular atom that has a very short half life, in the LHC travelling at near lightspeed that half life should be extended considerably. As time for that atom has slowed down relative to the atom. If you could imagine yourself as that atom everything around or the observers appear to speed up in time giving it a longer life from the point of the observer.

ok we have gotten abit off topic, apologies all.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

[edit on 15-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Wrong thread never mind wooops!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Nice post! I love these things. Someone mentioned Dr Paul LaViolette here. He's kinda intresting to listen to. Maby in this interview hes talking about these kind of events/phenomenon

www.youtube.com...

Its 2hrs long though but you may find it very rewarding, as any of the projectcamelot interviews.

Hope i got the link right. Otherwise youtube his name

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Great thread, few words...bandwagoning time then...

Holy ****!!! Could this be it!

Refresh yourself some 2009 crop circles.

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

A circular projection in the middle of various depictions of life..intelligence..

Have our neighbours created something and set it to motion? Is it a disastorous side project?

Love the story though, can't wait to find out more and yes, hear it!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pondrthis
For those of you who want to "hear" the radio waves (presumably as you would hear from the radio), it's completely arbitrary as to how you demodulate the signal.

...For the laymen...

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.... Much more important on what freq's and what the rate of amplitude change, freq change, and on/off pulsing..It would help to determine if it was natural or ? made. Something that could travel close to or ftl would be way ahead of anything we could think of in ways of communication.

If it was a non-natural rf emission it would be pretty difficult/Impossible to figure out what it was saying... Unless it trying to speak to us.

// just keep watching that space.. If the Vulcans show up to welcome them into the Federation then we'll know!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There's some great stuff on this thread. Thanks for the shares.

~ Sam

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Has there been no more news on this thing yet then?

reply to post by markymint

Pretty please with a cherry on top - no crop circles.
Or at least not that cropcircleconnector site anyway. :shk:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hmmm...

4 times the speed of light??? Where are the skeptics right now??? How are they going to explain this one? Most of the time when it comes to the idea of time or space travel, or UFO's, there are people who use the excuse that these things are impossible because nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. OUCH!!!

Ahem...cough. Hmmm...I guess THAT knocks THAT one out of the water...doesn't it???

There should be tons of people with their foots in their mouths right now as hell is currently freezing over, and the last crow on earth is hiding in a cave to avoid being eaten by another self-made expert on physics and space. I can name quite a few right here on ATS. I won't mention any names though. Just use your imaginations.

Regardless, this is a huge find, and EVERYONE should celebrate the implications that this creates.

Much love to all...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Wow very intresting. They say the objects moving four times the speed of light..............I thought nothing could travel faster than the speed of light:puz
eace.

It is not actually traveling faster than the speed of light (or probably isn't - if it is, then that's something really new!). It's only apparently moving faster because of the relativistic effects of it's motion compared to our motion added together and probably other things that are beyond my ken, since I'm not an astrophysicist. It's an illusion, an apparent speed but not its actual speed, which should be less than the speed of light.

That's interesting, because the article clearly states that its sideways velocity is moving 4 times the speed of light. Now, regardless of what you may or may not think that you know, you should probably step away from this one until the pros have this thing figured out. Otherwise, your post could end up looking really silly when new information comes out that definitively contradicts your statement.

Just some advice.

Much love to all...

[edit on 15-4-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think one thing people miss about the idea of objects going faster than the speed of light is our own technological limitations. We use a system of measuring science to prove it's validity. However we fail to realize the tools we use are themselves limited to light speed. So no device we have could ever measure anything faster than light speed since the electrons zipping around inside of those devices cannot exceed the speed of light... thusly even if you point a gadget at something going faster than the speed of light the device will return a negative result. The way the astronomers were able to conclude this beam was traveling faster than the speed of light was through observation; a measurement certainly, but it was an observation of distance verses starting location and ending location, everything in the middle is unseen(the act of it moving 4x the speed of light). To be quiet honest it very well could be a radio transmission but unless we can 'see' it at 4x the speed of light we will never be able to slow it down and interpret it. If we want to ever get past the "Eintsonian" laws of physics we need to throw them out and begin thinking outside of our limited POV.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistryThat's interesting, because the article clearly states that its sideways velocity is moving 4 times the speed of light. Now, regardless of what you may or may not think that you know, you should probably step away from this one until the pros have this thing figured out. Otherwise, your post could end up looking really silly when new information comes out that definitively contradicts your statement.

Just some advice.

Eh, well, I spoke to my friend again today, the one I quoted earlier in the thread who is an astrophysicist specializing in quasars. I think he qualifies as the biggest expert on the subject that I know. To him, the notion of these things having an apparent velocity that is faster than light is nothing even remotely new. He sees it all the time in his observations. They are not actually moving FTL, it is just an illusion, which the original article states but most here seem to want to ignore. The weird part to him wasn't that, the weird part was the nature of the emission. He posited a few possibilities, which I will quote again for you:

Weird. It could be a knot of plasma driven out in the jet of a microquasar, which would explain the lack of X-ray emission. Perhaps the microquasar itself is obscured by the dusty nebula from its progenitor supernova, hence we only see the jet material which has left the nebula.

In fact, 45 seconds of googling just found me this explanation of the phenomenon on a site for the Jodrell Bank Observatory:

Micro-quasars are objects in our own galaxy which also contain black holes, but here the black hole results from the collapse of the core of a massive star at the end of its life. One example, GRS1915+105, is believed to be a black hole several times more massive than our Sun in orbit around a normal star. Matter from the star is heated to intense temperatures and radiates X-Rays as it spirals in towards the black hole. The process is so violent that unpredictable explosions occur producing spectacular jets - like the beams produced in a quasar but on a much smaller scale; hence the name micro-quasar. A sequence of images (left) made by MERLIN following an outburst in 1997 shows two bullets of ultra-hot gas being shot out in opposite directions with an apparent speed of more than twice the speed of light! This apparent faster-than-light motion is, in fact, an illusion, and can be explained if we are seeing jets moving at about 90% of the speed of light - one jet moving towards us and the other one moving away from us.

[edit on 4/16/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Did you guys even read the article?

Looks like 80% at least of the comments so far are talking about faster-than-light travel, but the article explains (albeit poorly) that this is an optical illusion created when large bodies of mass are traveling near the speed of light. It's still a mystery and the object's velocity adds to the mystery but assuming general relativity is correct, it's not traveling at 4x light speed.

From the article -

Yet it does seem to be moving – and fast: its apparent sideways velocity is four times the speed of light. Such apparent "superluminal" motion has been seen before in high-speed jets of material squirted out by some black holes. The stuff in these jets is moving towards us at a slight angle and travelling at a fair fraction of the speed of light, and the effects of relativity produce a kind of optical illusion that makes the motion appear superluminal.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Text YellowIt indicates the warning signs "There will be signs upon the Earth, Moon and in The SUN as well as in the Stars". A spiritual message for this EARTH. GOD has created this UNIVERSE and gave a vision to men merely 300 years back to understand HIS power through science and technology.So that men could be able to understand it during the End of the Black/Dark Age. How tiny we are? in HIS ENTIRE CREATION ! HOW DISTRUCTIVE HIS POWERS ARE? and HIS PUNISHMENTS? This explosion could be an example of HIS DISTRUCTIVE POWERS (prior to scientific age, men used to travel on the horse back/ own feet/ sea routes and was depend upon Grains, Shelter and Cloths) and later science was granted to men, why? just, to feel and wiitness The Powers of THE GOD in both circumstances "CREATION as well as DISTRUCTION". Before this scientific advancement, men used to think that the Earth is flat, so this is not men, who have discovered it but it was a contribution of a intelligent vision, which was given to the men to get prepared for these days. Before taking birth upon this Earth men-women were merely a sperm or a sperm partical or a X-Y chromosome in their respective egg and the ovary, and more than millions of sperm/chromosomes were in the line to born over this Earth but THE GOD has choosen/selected only one out of those sperm/chromosome and a birth permission was granted to those choosen ones with a promise that they have to be bound with the Universal Law during their life upon this Earth and will never try to break THE LAWS OF THE GOD. Signs "Signatures" are very much clear and the message also, for those who can understand it, signatures are everywhere and very clear!!also for those, who want to understand it, can start!! Science is created through the persons sent by THE GOD so that human beings can understand THE POWERS OF THE GOD during Dark Age/End Times, to bound with the UNIVERSALLY SPIRITUAL LAWS OF THE LORD in the light of the Sceince incase they forget it during Dark Age. Do not challenge THE GOD and HIS NATURAL CREATIONS and you will not be challenged by HIM. Ekem Trayambakam Param-Avinashi Shristi Nidhanam, Agni Prathamah cheiva Bhasm Karakah!! "There is only ONE LORD of ALL CREATIONS IN THIS ENTIRE UNIVERSE, HE IS ALFA AND THE OMEGA!! So, inspite of waisting time and age in spying around in Space and God's Creations, it is better to put all efforts in restoration of Humanity. Warn everyone to stop walking against GOD, shut-down CERN and outer Space Projects, don't break The Universal Laws and HE will not break you!! Concentrate upon Earth and Humanity, be intelligent by thoughts and spirituality. Be prepared to answer The GOD!! Thanks for reading this...........!!

[edit on 16-4-2010 by RANA DEVENDRA SINGH]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
That's interesting, because the article clearly states that its sideways velocity is moving 4 times the speed of light.

Sigh. Maybe you should have actually read the article?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here's something I find very strange....."its apparent sideways velocity is four times the speed of light" and "Messier 82 (also known as NGC 3034, Cigar Galaxy or M82) is the prototype nearby starburst galaxy about 12 million light-years away" so the math would be - it will take 3 light years to arrive here if it were traveling in our direction and that "the new radio source May 3rd 2009".... I think everyone should know where I am going with this but that would bring the source here in 2012 if it was traveling in our direction.

New poster but have been reading site for years.... Please correct me if any of my math is wrong...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sorry if it has been posted already, but what is the distance between the signals origin, and the unrelated explosion they were observing?

I read through the posts here, but didn't see anything.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

You missed the superluminal motion part..

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join