It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Padded bikini for girls aged 7 withdrawn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Its this kind of child exploitation that really gets my goat, and Primark for one have been pushing their luck for a long time, with the use of child labour in third world countries and now bringing out a brand of clothing for 7 year old girls, so they can padd themselves out whilst by the pool in the summer, so that we can all admire how lovely a 7 year old padded out chest is.

Ive got a 9 year old daughter, and no offence, but whats to padd out!

Padded out bikinis withdrawn - BBC

Clothing chain Primark has withdrawn the sale of its range of padded bikini tops for girls as young as seven following criticism.

This comes hot on the heels of the biggest culprit of them all Disney, who had some lovely knickers for your girls too that had the lovely marketing words of "Dive In".

Dive In!!!!!??????

If I was the manager of that firm that put that on young girls knickers for Disney, I would make him dive into an unmarked grave, never to be seen again!

Disney removes suggestive pants

The only good thing to come out of this, is that sensible parents are actually not going with this and embarassing these companies to the world, making them take these items off the shelfs.

This our way of standing up to the machine, by not spending money in their shops, not buying this crap and showing them up to the world.

[edit on 14/4/10 by multichild]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by multichild

Both cases you quote –and the recent lingerie for children abomination - are, in my mind, the product of mindless, thoughtless, cynical marketing.

Who in their feckin right mind would even think of trying to enhance a child’s figure?

Makes you wonder just how deep our cultural stupidity goes, and how far removed from moral and ethics we have become.

Sure, the excuse may well be that children want to wear these things, but this is where reason must step in and disallow the ridiculous amount of choice modern children are allowed. It seems to be if they want something, no matter how stupid, will be made by some unscrupulous manufacturer.

I’m pretty sure that a lot of kids would want to wear weapons as well but we don’t let them do we…Oh, wait; that’s already been done:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why can’t we just let kids be kids?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Sadly for every 2 things they stop 10 others slip through. The TPTB loves this they've been exploiting us sexuality since the beginning of television finally coming to the invitable conclusions.

They portrait young girls as some type of sex symbol, then say only a Sicko could look at them. Same con as the apple in the garden.

Thus setting up the trifecta making it legally grey morally wrong and yet heavily promoted. As with many crimes the true criminals, the ones advertising and selling it are never blamed. Everything is done, from every angle, with immense pressure to exploit all individuals involved. Ive seen Many women cry about society,
morals, and articles like this only to turn around and have they're 9yr old dressed like hookers feeding into the craziness.

Society in general needs to step back from this hyper sexual prepuce. Its destroying everything, starting with families. Look at the moviestars, not good examples of relationships, but people follow then endlessly questing against what is best for them. So yes stop contributing to the madness.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Letting kids be kids is not the way they want it im affraid, its so difficult looking at your children and htinking my god when i was that age all i wanted to do is play football, watch tom & jerry and play with your mates in the street. And liek you say just because kids want it doesnt mean in an ethical society they should get it...

I couldnt care less how much my daughter wanted that padded out top, I would not let her, there absolutely no way, but why these big companies do it I just dont know...

I mean padded tops for 7 year old, and dive in knickers for young girls too.

Thanks for the reply too

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Disney says it was an innocent mistake. Pig's bum it was.

This isn't the first time they've done something like this. In fact, I've literally lost count of how many times I know they have.

They probably withdrew their product, apologised, then got straight on the phone to Primark.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It seems that there is no punishment for this type of expolitation.

They do it purposefully, then it gets noticed and then they fire off a nice bit of PR that we are sorry, we support this and that and then give the money to charity, having just had front page news on the BBC website and in the tabloids for free...

This type of clothing is geared towrads a certain type of society and its bad on the parents that they do buy this stuff, and there is no shame.

Im glad I was brought up knowing write from wrong, and that child exploitation is not what I want in society.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Makes you laugh, Some people will do ANYTHING for fast cash.
We live in a conflicting society where the mentalists are the most sain and the ones in power or big companies are without morals or dignity.

Crazy world... Crazy times

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Who in their feckin right mind would even think of trying to enhance a child’s figure?

There are plenty of dumb assed Chavs in the UK who would love this sort of thing for their kids as their barely out of their teens themselves.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

Unfortunately, you are right.

I heard recently that the talentless uberbimbo Jordan is in the habit of either allowing or encouraging her small daughter to wear make up in public.

There is a huge difference between playing with grown up things, and wearing them openly.

It is frightening that that type of parent - or manufacturing company in question - do not see the inherent dangers in this wholly incorrect empowering of children's "needs".

More often than not, children do not know the diffference betwen need and want. And they ceratinly do not understand how advertising and marketing works.

When it transpires that the biggest religious organisation on the planet is apparently riddled with sick individuals, then why would anyone want to portray children as being older than they are?

Does it not occur to them that they are inadvertantly encouraging the twisted minds in our society to believe that their corrupted and depraved desires are normal?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think the people in charge of this company-or whoever approved the idea needs to be checked on.

Come on. At no point during the planning meetings someoen didn't say something like WFT are you thinking?

More proof of the attempts to over-sexulize our children. The one poster said it best-hit back by not buying their products etc.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

When you said that nobody brought this up in a meeting, my conclusion as piedsniper said that its being targeted towards a certain section of society that havent gorwn up themselves yet, and have no care as to what their children are doing or how they are being brought up.

And so Primark jumping on this opportunity produced this, and I wouldnt be suprsied if others have thought about it and have no pulled the product.

[edit on 14/4/10 by multichild]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am rather surprised that there have been this many posts against this sort of attire. Normally at this point someone has come in and told everyone how much of a prude they are for not letting their little darlings have fun and dress up. It happens every time there is a thread like this one on ATS.

I find it rather sickening that companies aim such products at children seemingly without any twinge on their conscious. I find it even more sickening that any adult would find this sort of dress or anything similar to be appropriate for their child to wear.

Each day it seems I read something that points the direction of children that are “growing up” before they should. Children doing things or wearing things that only adults would and even then some adults would not do or wear the stuff either.

It seems there is some sort of agenda pushing forward to make a world perfect for pedophiles. There are a large number of adults that would be better off receiving a lobotomy.

Raist

top topics

join