It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Hitler Was On The $20 Bill, How Would The Jews Feel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Came across a band called Corporate Avenger.
en.wikipedia.org...

Corporate Avenger is a band from Southern California. The style of their music has varied over time, ranging from electronica and industrial to rap to rock. With each change, the subject matter has always remained the same: political matter, knowledge, and spirituality.
Corporate Avenger are a band with a very distinct visual aesthetic. Its core members - Spike 'Corporate' Xavier and Adawee the Wind - both wear black and white face paint. Spike, donning a white face with a black cross, paints his face to "symbolize the suffering that his ancestors had received at the hands of Christianity." Adawee wears various kinds of paint, all meant to "remind him of his ancestors (the Cherokee Indians) who would paint their face when they went to war, and says that they are also fighting a war; a war of ideas."
Spike and Adawee have stated in the past that they do not attempt to speak for all Native American people and only speak for themselves, but the band uses their music to reveal their truth about America's past. Songs like '20 Dollar Bill' and 'Christians Murdered Indians' provide historical analysis about what was done to the Native Americans at the hands of both early English settlers and Spanish Christian invaders.

The song "$20 Bill" compares President Andrew Jackson to Adolf Hitler. Corporate Avenger sees that they both ordered ethnic cleansing & genocide. Both are guilty for crimes against humanity.

The chorus line is "If Hitler was on the $20 bill, how would the Jews feel".
www.youtube.com...
Please listen to song as it acts out President Andrew Jackson's address to Congress and that part is not in the lyrics.

Lyrics
www.lyrics007.com...$20%20Bill%20Lyrics.html

A mind full of lies is a liars mind We moved ahead and left the truth
behind. They say the truth will set you free, but they don't know their
history. There's blood from sea to shining sea You see fruit that's on
the tree, with roots in white supremacy A stolen land from you and me
Hitler's Nazi Germany. A divine dream of suffering, Andrew Jackson made
his plea. Removal of the Cherokee If Hitler was on the 20 dollar bill,
How would the Jews feel? Trail of tears.... Hawaii for Hawaiians Black
Hills for the Sioux. A stolen land for me, for you You think it ain't
going on today. You pass a twenty, look the other way. Desecration of a
burial site Did you go shopping at the mall tonight? The blood is on the
Christains' hands. With crosses they possessed this land. Crimes against
humanity. A stolen land for you and me. The lie manifest destiny, the
evidence of our history. Can you discover what's already there? By
definition you become aware. The greatest country in the history of man,
Was here long before the colonies began. Ownership of a land, a lie.
Soliders marched and children died. Small pox blankets for their heads.
Jackson killed the children dead.

President Andrew Jackson signed The Indian Removal Act that subsequently lead to the stealing of Indian lands. Also 10's of thousands of deaths/murders/manslaughters.
en.wikipedia.org...

Indian removal was a nineteenth century policy of the government of the United States to relocate Native American tribes living east of the Mississippi River to lands west of the river. The Indian Removal Act, part of a United States government policy known as Indian removal, was signed into law by President Andrew Jackson (D) on May 26, 1830.

Trail of Tears

en.wikipedia.org...

The Trail of Tears was the relocation and movement of Native Americans, including many members of the Cherokee, Creek, Seminole, and Choctaw nations among others in the United States, from their homelands to Indian Territory (present day Oklahoma) in the Western United States. The phrase originated from a description of the removal of the Choctaw Nation in 1831.

Many Native Americans suffered from exposure, disease, and starvation while en route to their destinations, and many died, including 4,000 of the 15,000 relocated Cherokee.

Nearly 17,000 Choctaws made the move to what would be called Indian Territory and then later Oklahoma. About 2,500–6,000 died along the trail of tears.

By 1837, 46,000 Native Americans from these southeastern nations had been removed from their homelands.

Today history shows President Andrew Jasckson as a somewhat hero type figure.
He is even honoured by having his portrait on the $20 bill.
en.wikipedia.org...

The United States twenty-dollar bill ($20) is a denomination of United States currency. U.S. President Andrew Jackson is currently featured on the front side of the bill, which is why the twenty-dollar bill is often called a "Jackson."

Corporate Avenger makes a valid point, in that they feel President Andrew Jackson has no rights to be on the $20 bill, because of the atrocites that were performed on the Native American peoples after he signed into law the Indian Removal Act on May 26, 1830.

Cambodia wouldn't think of honouring Pol Pot.

Uganda wouldn't think of honouring Idi Amin.

So if Hitler was on the $20 bill how would the Jews feel?

[edit on 14-4-2010 by acrux]

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2010/9/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
No I have not made this post to accuse any individuals, race or creed. Or to make them feel guilty.

Just questioning President Andrew Jacksom's right to be on the $20 bill.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well, I've always thought Jackson was something of a nutter. Sure, he won the Battle of New Orleans over the British in the War of 1812 in spectacular fashion, but almost everything else he did or stood for since was pretty vile, IMO. There's some much greater Americans who deserve to be on the $20 in his place: either Teddy Roosevelt or FDR, come to mind.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

There's some much greater Americans who deserve to be on the $20 in his place: either Teddy Roosevelt or FDR, come to mind.

At least Benjamin Franklin deserved his $100 bill as far as I am aware.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Interesting question. The irony has should also be mentioned, that Jackson was against the US Bank and paper money. What Jackson is responsible for is despicable, yet he is also a war hero, and a good president. He won the Batlle of New Orleans. He was the only president to completely pay off the US debt. These don't make up for what he did, not even close, but people have a tendency to forget the dark chapters of American history.

Also, If Hitler was on the $20 dollar bill, how would the jews feel? They wouldn't feel a thing. If Hitler was on the American $20, then he must've won the war. What follows naturally is that he would extend his racial extermination to our continent. Fast forward to today, and there probably would be very few Jews left. I'm very happy that we won, I must say.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

Also, If Hitler was on the $20 dollar bill, how would the jews feel? They wouldn't feel a thing. If Hitler was on the American $20, then he must've won the war. What follows naturally is that he would extend his racial extermination to our continent. Fast forward to today, and there probably would be very few Jews left. I'm very happy that we won, I must say.

Good point, but I think it is more a rhetorical question designed to make aware of the genocide of the Native American people by drawing a comparioson to the Jewish genocide.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hitler is all over the world...Isn't that evident

Do the jews not see that which is unseen. He lives on to inspire many people

look at russia today and look all over the world. Nobody likes the jewish people

I am speaking on the side of the jewish people now in all seriousness

Nobody likes you people and nobody will ever like you

WHY? Ask the whole world why. Ask the international community why they hate israel. They will never tell you though

it's as if it will remain a mystery. The jewish people seriously have no friends in this cold world

It's a cold cold world i am sorry.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Kingdom of darkness]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingdom of darkness

Let's hope there can be peace one day in the Middle-East.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If America were discovered tomorrow, the ultimate fate of the Native American would not be much different.
When 2 ways of life clash, there is only going to be one outcome, the powerful wins.
How could it possibly be any different.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ukmadmax

True, but still a sad reality.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Yes, but I try to leave no question unanswered

Jackson was a product of his time. A different president would still have to do the same things he did. The Native Americans were in the way and had to go, that was the mindset. It could have been done in such a way to avoid violence, but whats done is done.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

No one cares about Andrew Jackson, because 80% of Americans are not even able to say who Roosevelt was. You know, it's just a face on a banknote, who gives a crap, if it was Barney they wouldn't care less.

Thanks anyway for introducing me to this cool band.

Free Leonard Peltier !

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Great thread. You make an important point that I have made myself many times here. All these people don't realize, that this country was never great or free for every man. That is something were fighting for now. Many peoples 'heros' the founding fathers were phonys, slave owners, thieves, and murderers in a real historical sense. Yes they gave us great quotes. we use as philosophy now. And they were highly intelligent. I think we have to admit both sides of these men existed and accept both.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

Thanks anyway for introducing me to this cool band.

My favourites are

Fault The Police
The Bible Is Bull#
Taxes Are Stealing
Freedom Is A State Of Mind

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

I think we have to admit both sides of these men existed and accept both.

Reminds me of the Billy Joel song "The Stranger"

www.youtube.com...

Well, we all have a face that we hide away forever
And we take them out and show ourselves when everyone has gone.
Some are satin, some are steel,
Some are silk and some are leather.
They're the faces of a stranger,
But we'd love to try them on.

Well, we all fall in love,
But we disregard the danger,
Though we share so many secrets,
There are some we never tell.
Why were you so surprised that you never saw the stranger?
Did you ever let your lover see the stranger in yourself?

Don't be afraid to try again.
Everyone goes south every now and then.
You've done it.
Why can't someone else?
You should know by now.
You've been there yourself.

Once I used to believe I was such a great romancer.
Then I came home to a woman that I could not recognize.
When I pressed her for a reason,
She refused to even answer.
It was then I felt the stranger kick me right between the eyes.

Well, we all fall in love
But we disregard the danger
Though we share so many secrets
There are some we never tell
Why were you so surprised that you never saw the stranger
Did you ever let your lover see the stranger in yourself.

Don't be afraid to try again.
Everyone goes south every now and then.
You've done it.
Why can't someone else?
You should know by now.
You've been there yourself.

You may never understand how the stranger is inspired.
But he isn't always evil and he is not always wrong.
Though you drown in good intentions,
You will never quench the fire.
You'll give in to your desire when the stranger comes along

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2010/9/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I actually remember hearing somewhere that the reason Jackson is on the $20 is because he hated the monetary system so much. It wasn't to honor him,but stick it to him considering how many problems he caused for Congress. Although as of now this is just hearsay, since I can't remember where I heard it from.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Don't forget that Jackson had the help of the Cherokee while fighting against the Creek indians. In fact, a Cherokee warrior literally saved Jackson's life at the battle of horseshoe bend.
Jackson destroyed the American National Bank, why they put his picture on the $20 has a certain sense of irony to it.
Last time I checked the Cherokee didn;t own our national media or Congress, so what they feel about the $20 bill doesn't matter.

Final note: Wilma Mankiller, prinicipal cheif of the Cherokee back in the 90's died a few days ago. A truly remarkable woman.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
How would Hitler feel with a Jew on the $20 bill? Because in all the shuffling around of history we seem to have forgotten Jews were not the only ones that died in the camps.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Don't forget that Jackson had the help of the Cherokee while fighting against the Creek indians. In fact, a Cherokee warrior literally saved Jackson's life at the battle of horseshoe bend.

Thanks I didn't know that.

Last time I checked the Cherokee didn;t own our national media or Congress, so what they feel about the $20 bill doesn't matter.

That's a little harsh, all opinions/feelings matter, even if you think they are wrong.
Even if they are wrong.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Jackson was a product of his time. A different president would still have to do the same things he did. The Native Americans were in the way and had to go, that was the mindset. It could have been done in such a way to avoid violence, but whats done is done.

Yes, the ideals of Manifest Destiny still suck, even though we cannot change the harsh reality of history.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join