It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/144590821c4f.jpg[/atsimg]

a little peek of plume

www.vodafone.is...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Volcanic dust sunset from De Bilt The Netherlands:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6af9d8852895.jpg[/atsimg]

Link to full pano:

linky

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Found a couple of pics that I think haven't been posted yet.

New crater formed - this blog twitter.com...

Water fall, linked same blog as above.

Hmm, not sure why only one of the pics shows.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by warlok

That's a very intense sunset!

Thanks for sharing, warlok

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Wow, found some really coool pics of this eruption...

www.flickr.com...

Amazing shots!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

You're welcome, all credits go to my brother who took them

[edit on 16-4-2010 by warlok]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Wow!! Amazing indeed!
Thanks!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Ash cloud go's with 40 km/u over the netherlands. Still no airtraffic to see. Here some pics from the ash cloud above the Netherlands (slideshow)

www.nu.nl...#

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This is from back in March 22 2010...
dscriber.com...

Katla is one nasty volcano, eight miles away and according to that piece was ruptured and spewing lava in March. If that one goes, and it's apparently been predicted by Icelandic vulcanologists on another source I read, things could get really interestng.

Chek this out...

Source
iceland.vefur.is...
Icelandic volcanologists are expecting another eruption in next few years so the Myrdalsjokull glacier and the Katla caldera are monitored quite closely. Just west of Katla and Myrdalsjokull glacier is another glacier, Eyjafjallajokull which is much smaller (50 km²).

The volcano Katla is subglacial and has a reputation as one of the most dangerous volcanoes of Iceland. Its peak reaches 1493 m in height and the extension of the glacier Mýrdalsjökull which lies over it reaches 595 km².

Mýrdalsjökull is the 4th biggest glacier in Iceland.

The crater of the volcano has a diameter of 10 km and the volcano normally erupts every 40 - 80 years. The last eruption took place in 1918, meaning scientists monitor the volcano very carefully. Since 930, 16 eruptions have been documented. The Laki craters and the Eldgjá are part of the same volcanic system, so it can be regarded as one of the most powerful in the world.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
www.mbl.is... - ash

it's interesting really that all of the big volcanoes in iceland are about to blow up.
First Fimmvörðuháls but there has never been an eruption there that scientists know about and now Eyjafjallajökull.
I was reading the top news in mbl this morning and they are talking about that Grímsvötn are maybe blowing and are at the same position that they were just before their last eruption in 2004.
Everyone has known that Hekla goes off every 10 years or so 1970-1980-1991-2000-??2010??
And of course Katla which has in the past always followed Eyjafjallajökull and is also in time, last erupted in 1918.

academic.emporia.edu...

www.skimountaineer.com...

So if you think it is bad now.. How would it be if Eyjafjallajökull, Katla, Hekla and Grímsvötn are all blowing at the same time/year?

visir.is... - some pictures of the flood and the main road

[edit on 16-4-2010 by skjerulf]

[edit on 16-4-2010 by skjerulf]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
wow, its like dust from the dessert, Rally Dakar. I hope they have a good air filter on these cars.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
More pics of the ash cloud from Iceland above the Netherlands.

www.nufoto.nl...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by skjerulf

Ok, that sounds a really scary scenario... Guess summer would be cancelled in most of Northern Europe..

Tho it would create a whole new industry and many jobs.. updating cars, planes, boats, houses, trains... could reduce the unemployment in one fail swoop

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Well likely it wont be all at the same time but scientist think that they will all go in < 2 years if we look at the history..

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
More South Iceland floods to come?

Yesterday evening’s flooding ended just before 22.00; but earth scientists are warning that water is already collecting again.

www.icenews.is...-14010

Plus a video from a airplane who's cathing some floods on video.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Wow, found some really coool pics of this eruption...

www.flickr.com...

Amazing shots!

Fantastic!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
They predicted that Katla could erupt in July 2009:

Katla Volcano in Iceland might erupt?

“The last three weeks there have been earthquakes about 10 kilometers deep below Eyjafjall-glacier, which is very similar to a series of events taken place in the years 1994 and 1999,” says geologist Pall Einarsson

Full story: www.icenews.is...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by skjerulf

I wouldn't have thought it would happen at once, but if it did happen in the long term then it would create a whole raft of new industries in Northern Europe.. Am trying to be positive on what could be an awful situation.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Its beautyful to see but still dangerous, when al this happens it could be a cold summer....bbbrrrrrrrrrr. We better hope for the Icelanders that it not going to happen. I hope they are save and i say a little prayer for them.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join