It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Another swarm

en.vedur.is...=map

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

I think it's more just one big swarm tbh - up to 64 now and apparently they're still adding and reviewing. That's more quakes than before the initial eruption I believe.

I think I'll turn in as it's 1.30am, by the time I get up it'll be dark at Eyja and I think she's going to put on quite a show after lights out

Night all...

[edit on 10-5-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Hi, this is a snippet of the Katla cam, is that a vent on the side?

EDIT: Judge for yourself, im not scare mongering and im not by any mean's an expert here at all, im just keeping track of updates. Peace

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

looks like it. On live cam now itseems to be getting bigger?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Do you have a link for this cam please

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

more recent darkened version of what look's like it might/perhaps/maybe be a vent.

Katla cam link is here for above poster
www.ruv.is...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Not necessarily so, I'm pretty sure that cam is looking across the range from right to left (positioned from Katla's right, looking beyond towards eyjafjallajokull) so you might just be seeing the steam coming from eyjafjallajokull, it would be be better if we had a different angle or confirmation of this cams position.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No it's not eyja dude, someone mentioned this earlier, it is certainly not eyja, that mountain is Katla, the cam has an alternate cam so it can switch and look at eyja, but what you are looking at is Katla. Ive been watching this cam on the side for week's and found it's location google earth.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Your right mate, I just had a quick look at the Katla cam (cant really look here at work) linked up above and I see your point!

any ideas when that first appeared?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
An article on rus.is here

Google traduction gives something like this :
"Dozens of earthquakes have occurred in and around the Eyjafell last hour. Steinunn Jakobsdóttir, jarðeðlisfræðingur, says this may mean that magma is to break their way up. "

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, if there was another flare on the sun that was directed to us, would that be a catalyst to maybe an eruption of Katla?

Also are there any other links for cam overlooking these volcanos?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

I would love to post a screen shot and circle the area, but I have to admit, don't know how on this site. Tell me how and I will gladly put it up. Thanks.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

We had no power today as they were doing something to the lines. It just came back on and wow
Thats a lot of
ing earthquakes!

I believe temperaturedrop is right that the Katla cam is looking over to Eyja on the current view. This snap was taken from the Katla cam on the 2nd May when Eyja was erupting and you can see the light on the right hand side.

RUV told me some time ago that this camera is to the South of Katla and normally looks North and it's heading is 336 deg. What I can't work out is how that can be IF Katla is on the left. The glow is definitely Eyja however and this camera angle is the current angle.

[edit on 10/5/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Your probably right buddy, all in all it's quite confusing when the information necessary is in a language you not only cannot understand but is extremely complicated!

Anyway, more EQ's on the way, here's a screenshot of today's EQ activity.

Regards

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I am really confused now. RUV came back to me and said

Hi

The camera is pointed in the same direction as usual, approximately 336° I can´t see anything unusual except the mount is no longer white because of the ash.

I shall have to try and find out the exact location of the camera.

[edit on 10/5/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hmmm I'm confused then as much as you, I need to look at the map - but I'm pretty certain that the plume we saw was coming from the Eyjafjallajökull behind Katla.

Shame you can't actually see anything right now because of the low sun in the sky which is right over the area where the plume was!!! we could confirm it if we could see it because its no longer "venting" from Eyjafjallajökull...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i took this just now from the site

how bad does it look?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef963d43572c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

This is not that bad! We have seen much worse and we have seen nothing at all. So somewhere in the middle.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ok. Now I have said before after posting pics that I give up trying to figure out where exactly these cameras are really pointing. I am going to post these pics because I think that there are several people wanting to see them just to compare, and I happen to have an old shot of Katla for that purpose.

Here is one taken about a week ago:

Here is a current screen shot:

Here is that same pictures that I have marked to show where I see a difference in the ground. NOW....please don't flame me. I am not claiming anything with this. I do NOT know if it is looking at Katla. I have NO idea if the area right in front of the camera has anything to even do with Katla and I could very well be seeing just light differences between a snow covered ground and and a clear one. BUT....if nothing else, we now have something for future reference.

EDIT TO ADD: As I was watching, what looks like black smoke very close to the camera has appeared to the right. camera link

[edit on 10-5-2010 by westcoast]

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join