It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
From the norwegian broadcasting today (courtesy of Eruptions Blog) scienceblogs.com...

Measurements made over the past few days shows that the volcano is now charging up for a new outbreak.

There is new material into the volcano from the depths - now it's probably five to six kilometers below the ground.

This is bad news, says Sigrunn Hreinsdottir at the University of Reykjavik. We see increased activity and increased flow of magma to the roof of the volcano, she said. Hreinsdottir and her colleagues have different monitoring stations around the volcano. Over the past few days, they have recorded several earthquakes deep in the ground, and they see that the ground around the volcano now braces again. It shows that the volcano is charged with hot stones from the depths of the earth, and that for the first time since the outbreak started getting more ammunition than it uses up.For people in Iceland will be the worst of a new eruption under the ice. Then there will be floods, and it will be produced large ash clouds, "says Hreinsdottir. Scientists can not say when the new eruption starts, or if it will start at all.

They have measured the 30 earthquakes in the last three days. There are only two days ago we began to see something, and we have not been sure. Now we are completely safe and will follow closely, "said Hreinsdottir. Scientists hope they can say anything about what will happen, but the volcano has already surprised them several times.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Whats going on ? Check the live cam out now on Katla
_javascript:popUp('mms://213.167.158.211/katla/')

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Seconds ago seen a quick lighteneing bolt whats the pulsing dark shape?
_javascript:popUp('mms://213.167.158.211/katla/')
Is there a clearer angle?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

www.ruv.is...

Link to katla cam.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
ile keep an eye on it for you buddy.

after that CME the size of the sun the other day, i think it's very probably earthquake activity will increase, there is an unheard of correlation between the two that ive noticed, CME's and seismic activity that is.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

What is the camera actually fixed to? Is it a solid fixing? Can the wind move the camera?
What is the dark part on camera?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yeh wind can move these cameras so it looks like an earthquake at points

Best bet is to use a reference point, look at the ground that appears to be shaking, if it is the camera shaking, the backround scenery, mountains, clouds etc should also be shaking. In this case, they haven't been, just the ground the camera is situated on, it's weird but no earthquakes on seismo so i don't know what to think.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I don't know what its fixed to....But its is moving alot.....perhaps its wind? And that dark spot.......do you mean the one thats high up, just off center? If so, I thought I saw some flashing coming out of it a few minutes ago.........maybe just my eyes playing tricks.....Ive been watching the cam too long!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
that dark spot you are talking about has been there for week's, don't know what it is, but it's only really visible when there's cloud cover, must be part of the mountain pertruding or something, but i can clarify it has been there for a long time, looks like a miniture mushroom cloud right ? ^^

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
can somebody place some blowers in front of the volcano please??..for an clear sight

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yes thats the one.........Ive only been watch the cam for a few days......so its good to know. Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Yeah thats what im talking about and no your eyes were not playing tricks coz i seen it too. Unless its the camera. And yeah it looks like a small mushroom cloud. Has anyone else been on usgs the volcano section? Volcano pagan now yellow grade

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hey is anyone getting a green screen from the Katla cam?.....Maybe its just my crappy notebook.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Maybe you have now contact with Mars and you see a Vulcan Volcano

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Good Morning everyone

Poro cam page has a new addition

a thermal cam!

New things every day

I like it

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Ah, you beat me to it. I was going to mention the flir camera too. It's handy since there is so much fog/clouds on the normal camera at the moment.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
would be nice to have an temp./colour table with it !

but it works!!!!!! its clearing up :-)

[edit on 6-5-2010 by ressiv]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

do you have a link? thanks

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The ground appears very warm, opposed to the area in glacier that's pitch black. I am so glad they posted that, now if they'd do on the Katla cam as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join