It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I just don't know you guys. Have you ever seen the Hekla or Katla cameras moving like that? I haven't. I hesitate to even speculate because of the enormity of the implications....I'll wait until we get something somewhat more officiall. It's got my spidy senses tingling though....

Now throw in the quake on Katla...ugh. What is the seismic history (recently) there? Is it perfectly normal to see a quake there every once in awhile or is that one red spot significant??

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

Well i have to admit, i think this because i see it here were i live.
The mist like a blanket low on the ground not moving but it clears up or thickens

Also i cant see the glacier on the cam, only mountains not covered with ice, so the cam must be far away from katla.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
STUPID *@#* CLOUDS/FOG !!!!!!ARGGGGGGGG
I can't believe the cam is covered now. Anyone know another link for Katla?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by godddd

I see your point and I thought the same thing when I first saw it, although it looked very 'thick'. I am wondering more now,because while you can clearly see all this fog/clouds blowng by, past and around the camera (probably why there is so much movement), you can still see through it, this thick white patch sitting smack dab in the middle. I would expect it to dissiapate and also blow around somewhat, no matter what kind of cloud cover it was. So I am more suspicous about it now.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Stop really... Stop please ....

This is not a Hekla, Laki, Katla Eruption thread. we have a general volcano thread and the E?????? cant spell or say it thread.

Katla is not erupting... Not even steaming.... likely hood is the E???????? chamber is relieving pressure from Katla. If you must start a Katla, Hekla, Laki prediction thread.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
the fog on the katla cam moved from left to right....dat plume/cloud in the back looked opposite of that....
windspeed round 5 bofor coming from northwest...
not ideal weather for fog...
en.vedur.is...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IanC99000310

mwaa... thought Eyja and Katla are twin sisters so speaking of one you must also pay respect to the other half...she might become angry about it..if you don't...:-)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
An Icelander over at Eruptions says the Kalta cam is not showing Katla *at all* the only mountain in view from there is Eyjafjallajokull. The camera is viewing from Katla, but not viewing Katla itself.

(Also if you saw movement recently it's likely because there was just someone there working on the cam.)

There was a small earthquake at Katla today, but so far that's all. Eyjafjallajokull became significantly more explosive last night so you will be seeing more from the Katla cam.

Edited to say: never mind, now they say it is pointed there. (Wasn't at some point.) Ack. Consensus seems to still be that it's just annoying cloud cover, though.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by quakewatcher]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by quakewatcher

Thanks for the info. I thought before that when it had been redirected, it at least showed the correct name on the screen. Again, I give up on the cameras. Leaving it to the 'professionals'.

Meanwhile......the cloud cover sure messes up our viewing pleasure.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is no longer showing the EQ @ Katla . en.vedur.is...
Anyone know why?

Is there a cam that watches Katla? If so, anyone have the link?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by sickofitall2012]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OK, now another Icelander says it *is* pointed at Katla. (Now, wasn't at some point.) I give up on trying to figure out what is going on, too.

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
This is no longer showing the EQ @ Katla . en.vedur.is...
Anyone know why?

Is there a cam that watches Katla? If so, anyone have the link?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by sickofitall2012]

Edited to add: clouds just cleared enough at the top of the screen on Hvolsvelli to see a *huge* ash cloud above Eyjafjallajokull.

eldgos.mila.is...

[edit on 5-5-2010 by quakewatcher]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
....so, weather experts on another forum where I lurk are saying that peakaboo ash cloud we saw a half hour ago could be up to 8km.

Some very deep quakes in the area recently, meaning there may be a big, deep pocket of magma waiting...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You guys notice the new Mila cam maps? Shows you where the cameras are located..

That's cool.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Yeah, I noticed those. Very handy in orienting the view. Since I am a bit new to the "watch" I figured I just hadn't noticed it before.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
this week ive seen four earthquakes at katla all have been removed

The camera was shaking quite violently and suddenly earlier just after the quake, this could however be wind.

EDIT: Some #ing weird # going down on katla cam.

EDIT: This volcano should be called 'Katla The Deceiver' lol

seriously tho, 4 earthquakes this week all have been removed, you can trust my word.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I dunno godddd, I've been watching all day, if it were clouds, they would not be in the same position all day, they would move east to west, or vise versa.

Actually, some "clouds" can look like they are staying in one place - in fact, some are being generated exactly at that spot and the effect looks like a vent or, as I often see here in the Alps, a fire burning. In fact, it's just temperature differences, altitude and other meteorological events.

Sometimes clouds can even appear to move in different directions depending on the different wind speeds and temps and geography (specially true in mountains).

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Wakey wakey watchers - dawn is, err, dawning and we have ring side seats today...
Poro's up, Voda's up...

[edit on 5-5-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by quakewatcher

I just gotta ask.

Is that a hedgehog that got impaled with a piece of celery?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

yahoo!
I cant tear myself away from Hvolsfelli!

thats one enormous ash cloud

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Have you tried clicking on those new maps? Brings up more info

new topics

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join