It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
www.ruv.is...
check hekla cam, the light on the right that looks like the other two blips, it fluctuates a lot in brightness, is it lava?

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Vodafone live feed is BACK!!!

www.vodafone.is...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This post may be considered off topic but i just wanted to say thank you to "Berkeleygal","Robl240",MoorfNZ" ,"Puterman" and "westcoast" for all the great research you guys/gals do to keep us informed. I've been following this thread since day one and can always count on you guys/gals to give me the true facts! Keep up the great work and please know that your appreciated! Be safe!

[edit on 26-4-2010 by findingtruthseeker]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I haven't seen Katla cam since Friday, did I miss something? Where did all the snow go? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it all melted, that is not a good sign.... is it?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I'm not 100% but pretty sure the Katla came had been turned toward Eyjafjallajökull, and now it has been turned back to Katla..that may be why it was down for awhile..or was that just on my comp..lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It seems Eyjafjallajökull has erupted again

webcam

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Duby78

I see it too. If its not erupting, then at least there IS lava bubbling and popping out...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well its looking a lot more active thats for sure, looks like a good plume to the right.....might be wrong though hard to make out at night.

love the thread by the way

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by findingtruthseeker
This post may be considered off topic but i just wanted to say thank you to "Berkeleygal","Robl240",MoorfNZ" ,"Puterman" and "westcoast" for all the great research you guys/gals do to keep us informed. I've been following this thread since day one and can always count on you guys/gals to give me the true facts! Keep up the great work and please know that your appreciated! Be safe!

[edit on 26-4-2010 by findingtruthseeker]

Ditto!

Well said fts

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Quite the show at the moment!

Also, I'll echo the "thank you" posts from above.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wow! thats pretty impressive on cam, thanks for the heads up to check it out!!! does indeed look like a plume off to the right.

Doing a great job of lighting up the surrounding clouds // fog // mist etc...

So there's still life in the old dog afterall!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Oh wow its pushing out quite a bit of smoke right now!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
On the Hvolsvelli cam a few minutes ago there were a couple of "bursts" that really lit the peak up. You could actually make out the rim of the crater and the slopes of the volcano. Something Iv`e not seen at night since the start of this eruption.

It`s lovely.

I like the Hvolsvelli cam the best, I was watching a wee tractor go back and forward today.

Any Icelanders on here just now with any updates for us?
It`s certainly been acting up a bit today.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simon
On the Hvolsvelli cam a few minutes ago there were a couple of "bursts" that really lit the peak up. You could actually make out the rim of the crater and the slopes of the volcano. Something Iv`e not seen at night since the start of this eruption.

I think this cam gives you a better perspective on the amount of activity, at least for night time viewing anyway. Its had a nap and now it wants a glacier breakfast

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Aye, your right there mate, it`s going it`s dinger!!

Anyone know the coordinates of the Hvolsvelli cam? I`m trying to recreate the view on google earth so I can get a better understanding of the area.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What gets me is how most people on that camera are likely asleep now while that cauldron above them kicks into life again.

What happens if it got extremely violent or Laki // Katla kicks off in a BIG way? does an alarm sound to wake them up? I assume either that or the sound of the eruption (assuming the wind is not blowing away from them!) itself will do the job!

Would you sleep well underneath that?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Temperature Drop

I wouldn`t be sleeping, thats for sure, I`d most likely be doing what I`m doing now... watching the webcam. lol, albeit with much shorter finger nails.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Anyone else noticing the lights moving about just beyond and to the right of the first lot of buildings on the left of the cam. I`m hoping there isnt a volcanic plug busting one off in that area, but more likely it`s vehicle lights, but in saying that Iv`e not noticed that kind of activity in this cam before, perhaps it`s the local authorities telling the residents to pack up???? Hope not.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Good morning all

Looks like we may have some clear viewing when the sun comes up in a few hours.

Mila cams are showing lava.

Vodafone Live cam is working now, in case you didn't see my post from yesterday.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Good morning Berkeleygal
Have been watching for last half hour and all seems as it was yesterday.... she's stable at the moment but, as she's a lady, she could change at any minute

Have we seen any views from the Poro cam recently? I'm dying to see what changes may have occurred on the glacier - looked like it was due to cave in soon with all the meltwater tunnels...

[edit on 26-4-2010 by MoorfNZ]

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join