It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyjafjallajökull Caldera Eruption

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

ive been watching this one, it was too dark to see anything a few hours ago, now all that really can be seen is a massive "cloud" ... coudl it be smoke? snow? i dont know ! ...

btw anyone seen that mix buzzers site? is that worth believing or just random speculation?, as it says their have been some eruptions their .

www.mixxbuzzers.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Quite honestly, I believe the phrase needed for Katla currently is "Move along - nothing to see - yet"

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
please never use that phrase again..

it makes people who use it seem like know it alls! ill move along when its bed time lol!

it really does look like a big plume of smoke in that cam btw! .. it most probably aint, but sure looks that way!

is that cam in black + white , or color btw?

[edit on 20-4-2010 by boaby_phet]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Hard to see at the moment - light is all over the place.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

I've only seen that cam in B&W I believe - need more light in sky to determine whether that's the cam straining to make sense of image (lowlight) or if anything is happening - my bet's on the cam struggling

In any case, I think it's still pointing towards Eyja.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
im totally transfixed on the clouds, as thats all that are visible (the only thing their reflecting any light)

and for clouds... they sure are moving fast, clouds move ... but that fast? it looks like their moving in time lapse!

and as the light is rising just now, it looks like the cloud is coming out of that mountain!

i still reckon its just a trick of the eye, but its an ominous one!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm missing last night's light show.
Found an article about precursory signals of volcanic eruptions, specifically the ones before the 2004 eruption of Grimsvotn. The maps show the western and eastern riff zones.
en.vedur.is...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Anyone seeing flashes on that Katla cam (which is facing Eyja!) - perhaps i've been staring too long - straight up from centre to horizon.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
ye man, me!, theirs some weird lites, i was just taking my dogs out for a walk, before that, near the middle and kinda to the left their was a bright spot sor a bit ...

it looks like the suns coming up atm, so who knows, i guess the only thing to do is keep watching.

theirs all sorts of shappes popping up, about 3/4 mins ago, it looked like their was a bubble forming in the middle of the shot lol

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

You must be on night shift o'er there in Blighty? eh?

I think we're just sat here watching mist, fog and clouds
ah well, beats Jeremy Kyle...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

i just stay up late just so i can sleep past that morning brainrott which is known as kyle!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
"When Iceland's economy died, its final wish was that its ashes would be spread across Europe."

my eyeballsocketjellyskull quip for the day

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Nice one...

Check my sig

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What is that glowing light on the Katla webcam we see right now? It is 4.30am in Iceland. The sun is not up yet !!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

It's dawn light, it is getting light
see
eldgos.mila.is...

I would post a first light image but there is really nothing to see, clouds clouds and more clouds

[edit on 20-4-2010 by berkeleygal]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

That's the start of sunrise, I believe. It's an hour until sunrise but usually there's a glow in the sky, particularly on that cam, much earlier. You only have to check out Hvolsvelli cam to see how light it already is.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
On the Eyjafjallajokull webcam it looks like the sun has been up in the sky for several minutes while it is suppose to rise up at 5H30. On the Katla webcam it looks like the sun is not up yet........

[edit on 20-4-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Random paranoid question I have. Once I hear Katla going off, should I run to my local store and buy a 50# bag of rice and beans?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mweiss

No because you should already be ready in case of an emergency. If you are waiting for an emergency to happen to try and go out and buy supplies you will not be a happy camper. Read the survival forums.

Katla erupting could cause major issues or it could cause very few depending on where you are at when it happens and how big it erupts. The only thing we can do is guess and look at the past for what it can do in the future.

The one thing you can do is be prepared now for any emergency.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Some new video from yesterday I think. Sorry if it's already been posted ?

The second one shows extensive erosion to the glacier that caused the flooding.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join