It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space storms could not knock out National Grid and Sat Navs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The solar flares and sunspots throw massive clouds of electrically charged gas at the Earth which cause power surges and throw compasses into disarray.

The weather in space has been through an unprecedented calm period in the last century but the researchers believe we could be entering a more volatile period.

Seems like theyre been left with no choice but to tell? Could they also be expecting something BIG?

www.telegraph.co.uk[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread334174/pg1]Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The article has been removed. I guess they didn't wanna tell afterall.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Article is still there

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Old news though, its all just about when its going to happen, nothing new here

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Did they forget to remove the ``not knock out``? Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

And yeah it's old news.

If you want a description of what would happen in real life, and it's written kinda for the pentagon as a warning...

One Second After.

In that book, it's the evil terrorists blowing up a nuke over the US, but a solar storm would do the same thing.

99% of people don't know what a big solar storm is, nor what EMP means nor that it's only a question of when, not if, and that almost no infrastructure in the whole world is protected from it.

I just talked to my family about this the other day... and they were telling me : the government sures know about this, they are fixing it... HAHAHAHHAHA the sheeple are just so naive, it's incredible.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Old news yes, but few people realise it's convection currents within the earth that generate our magnetic field/shield. How these relate to the mighty Sun and it''s 11 year cycle is in its infancy.

Mini ice ages occur, what else haven't we worked out yet?

interesting stuff!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
What ye say now?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
What ye say now?

I say that it will play heavily on a planet that is so reliant on the internet to maintain daily life. I think that we are all making the same mistakes again and may i ask governments to start remembering some of the foundations that have allowed us all to reach this far.
We seem to have picked up technology and are running with it and i think we are running back into the same problems we already faced before.
I swear to God i hope i am wrong but i have tried so many times to try and explain what i see and share it with you all. And time after time its the same answers. I am telling you now to take notice, i am not shouting nor am i saying i am right and you are all wrong, its not about me pretending i am better than any of you.

I am trying to share with you what i see. In the hope that if i am right the people in the right places can organize something to avoid what can possibly happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake
Article is still there

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Old news though, its all just about when its going to happen, nothing new here

$$$ Trillions of dollars to fix?
I guess it's time to head to the 2012 bunker.
I heard we will have 3 days of darkness. Dec 21, Dec 22, Dec 23

new topics

top topics

join