It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what causes the desire to cause fear?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
well you guys have given me some good answers but heres another question why are regular joes like me or you getting on ats and posting threads about the end of the world when its just ggoing to be debunked it seems to me that other people on ats seem to take a certain joy in causing people to be afraid of NWO or 2012 and the stories about the annunaki or whatever why are people doing this im not talking about govt agents and TPBT or whatever i mean people like you or me

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Hey I said I was going to derail the thread not you, now your just getting into personal attacks, and im not putting anything forwards as fact, for the last time I said I BELIEVE something is going to happen as ive got no time machine! Your asking for 4 little silver bullets that proove the case stand alone, so naive to the complexity of the case at hand, it takes a long drawn out journey of research to come to the conclusion. Summing it up cannot be done, I wouldnt insult your intelligence by attemting to sway your belief with a few little facts, please you need to do your own research.There is way too much to post in this thread go to a 2012 thread and learn. Ill be starting a 2012 thread soon and ill bring some facts to that for ya so we can have this conversation in the correct forum, now back to the OP...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

hmm..ive never had deja vu about ats but i did all the time in high school the deja vu thing would make a good thread but im sure its been done maybe ill study up and post a thread about it tomorow

what i like to do when i get deja vu is just mess it up on purpose, like when i know im in the process of dong something i thought i already did ill do something else

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by polar warrior

Hey I said I was going to derail the thread not you, now your just getting into personal attacks, and im not putting anything forwards as fact, for the last time I said I BELIEVE something is going to happen as ive got no time machine! Your asking for 4 little silver bullets that prove the case stand alone, so naive to the complexity of the case at hand, it takes a long drawn out journey of research to come to the conclusion. Summing it up cannot be done, I wouldn't insult your intelligence by attempting to sway your belief with a few little facts, please you need to do your own research.There is way too much to post in this thread go to a 2012 thread and learn. Ill be starting a 2012 thread soon and ill bring some facts to that for ya so we can have this conversation in the correct forum, now back to the OP...

Easy killer you are taking this way to serious and to be honest I am trying to learn not piss you off I actually was hoping for some facts I dont know that much about it. Also do you have any Deja vu about this thread? I know it is a weird question please understand. I am sorry for making you think I was attacking I was just pressing the issue that is all.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

hmm..ive never had deja vu about ats but i did all the time in high school the deja vu thing would make a good thread but im sure its been done maybe ill study up and post a thread about it tomorow

what i like to do when i get deja vu is just mess it up on purpose, like when i know im in the process of dong something i thought i already did ill do something else

It is really weird when I was typing in your thread I swear I have done this before and we have done this before? I hope I passed the test this time around if it is a test?
I dont know but it was weird.

Add flag for the OP you deserve it for being a stand up person and answering the tuff questions.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

so do you have any idea what will happen next? ooh do you feel deja vu cuz i asked that? maybe some important event will happen to you or something idk im not into the mystical kind of thing

thanks for the flag but i didnt know i answered any tuff questiouns

[edit on 14-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanti 90

so do you have any idea what will happen next? ooh do you feel deja vu cuz i asked that? maybe some important event will happen to you or something idk im not into the mystical kind of thing

No when I get it it is like a flash of warmth and I get a little light headed for a second and then I realise I have done this before in a flash. It is hard to explain but that is how I feel. I actually think it is a omen of bad things to come I dont know why but I do and I always knock on wood after I get it. Sometimes it is stronger then other and this was a strong one. I dont know why I get it but I do. I am not crazy I know I might sound like it but I am really grounded. I am the box and can hardly see out of it sometimes.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Some people do create fear in order to manipulate others, but perhaps we should look more closely at the manipulators themselves.

They are often social inadequates and this is the only time in their lives they have any sort of power.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

so what ominous thing usually happen when you get this feeling? like a friend getting hurt? or like a national tragedy? or maybe like a future car accident? or should i be watching the news? i dont usualy cuz there is just fear inducing things on but maybe with what you say something important can be up

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by barney808
Some people do create fear in order to manipulate others, but perhaps we should look more closely at the manipulators themselves.

They are often social inadequates and this is the only time in their lives they have any sort of power.

like a bully!! ok i think i understand it now but could there be something scientific behind it to? like misfiring nuerons in the brain or chemichal imbalance or something?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hi Ashanu90,

reply to post by ashanu90

What causes the desire to cause fear?

A similar program that causes a person to experience "peace" running within the homosapien mind.

Best Wishes!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Sorry I just find it crazy when people ask me to some up years of research in a few sentences, I realize the sad conundrum is I cant there is too much to say. You say you dont know much about 2012? well all of what your going to hear the first year of research is the worst, well at least me (an ex scentist, now engineer) found it just terrible, utube vids about mayan calanders and invisible planets named nibiru is enough to drive any man aways from the topic for good! But when you stick with it the mainstream science contains the evidence leading to 2012, (but get a good translator) just it hasnt been collaborated into the one location and youd have to know what your looking for. Plus the job is made all the more harder by a powerfull group trying to keep the facts secret yet allow the spread of pseudo-science everywhere to distort and delay any chance youve got, of getting to the rare yet valuable info which generally needs to be tailor made to a paradigm shift in the investigator, so depending on your area of expertise there are many differnt ways to get to the same conclusion. The fact is the is no silver bullet, just an increadible number of clues that need to be looked at from the catastophic paradigm, anomalies that go "click" when one looks from a 2012 perspective.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

so what ominous thing usually happen when you get this feeling? like a friend getting hurt? or like a national tragedy? or maybe like a future car accident? or should i be watching the news? i dont usualy cuz there is just fear inducing things on but maybe with what you say something important can be up

Its a hard thing to talk about and in a way it is kinda embarrassing. I wish I had some control over it or could see things more clear but I cant. Sometimes before something bad happens in life get a really sick feeling in my stomach high up and in the back of my head it is kinda like being confused or something.

A good example is last summer we were driving on a trip out west and I felt very sick and wanted to go home and it was strong it was like I wanted to be home more then anything and we had just started the trip and I love to travel one hour later we hit a dear in Wyoming at 90 miles an hour. We were fine but the truck was a total loss. And it came on like a flash and left like a flash once it was over.

I dont understand it but I have it whatever it is?
It is alot like anxiety I think.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The nature / nurture controversy with some underlying nuerological aspects might well be a major cause. But large groups of people like governments and corporations also do it, so perhaps there is a group dynamic involved as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by polar warrior

Like I said all the info I get is from the few posts I read on ATS. I see you guys are really into it and I respect that. I have questions that I should find answers for when it comes to 2012. I just would like to see some hard evidence from a scientist or something. Thanks for you kind reply.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Perhaps these sowing fears believe that something really will happen come 2012 just like many believed in the Y2K bug. The latter did have me worried as it happens and I remember being a little concerned for the data on my PC at the time so yes, there was a lot of hype over that.

Is the hype over 2012 nonsense because you do not believe it or is it possible that you consider it nonsense because you are afraid that it might be a possibility you dare not consider?

I am not sure that people who tout the 2012 as a negative are doing so to instil fear, rather I believe they are pushing the negative aspects of the 2012 hypothesis because they are at the very least anxious and in posting their fears they may find someone who can reassure them that there is nothing to worry about even if that reassurance might takes the form of “omg n000blet r you dum?”

Personally I cannot see how anything from prophecy could take place on this date because it just seems to go against all reason that the world will end, a spiritual enlightenment will come or any other of a million different theories on the 2012 supposition. If all or a major part of this does turn out to be true then we had been deluded for all these years and the sad part would be that we had lived in and missed enjoying a world of magic rather than adhering so totally to a world of strict natural laws.

Personally I am still on the fence so I would not consider it nonsense or that those who believe are deluded or anything else derogatory because I like to keep an open mind.
As to being sick of all the 2012 threads and so on, well if they annoy you so much you do have the choice of not clicking and reading because what you consider to be a thread for idiots might be a very worthy thread for someone else who is looking for their own truth, subjective or not.

My sincere advice would be to keep an open mind and to remember that we are all looking for the same thing. There are enough people out there very happy to pour scorn and ridicule our way and trip us up any way they can so we probably should not aim to do that to each other just because we are having a bad day or because we are not prepared to respect another’s belief or point of view or because we have had a lapse and end up pandering to ego.

The worst case scenario is to use the ignore feature, after all that is what it is there for.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

wow that is a really cool story sounds like a premonition or something i think thats what you call it im not sure and i am for the first time venturing out into the paranormal field and im not sure how to go about it

i come from a background of your born you live nothing magical happens you die the end
im not ready to accept the idea of an afterlife or anything but im willing to listen

as for the premonition im thinking that maybe you might have had dream concerning it and forgot until it happened and since the dream was so negative you forgot the dfream itself but you remembered the emotion im not an expert but ive heard things like when you dream sometimes time bubbles open up in your mind and allow you to peek into the future
some would say that dreams are a window to another world i wonder and i will probably make a thread concerning this your most welcome to it if and when i make it

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

yeah your probably right i mean it makes sense that i dont believe in it because i dont want it to be true but im also from a background of skeptisism and i most certainly do not believe in magic however if i ever found out magic did exist then i would be pissed that i couldnt get in on it and live it up like harry potter lol
but seriously i dont have to read the doomsday threads i just hate them because deep down inside i guess it really scares me but hey thats what mental blocking and walls are for its not really healthy but what else can i do to not live in fear? im not about to except the idea of a god or afterlife or magic or anything like that. but perhaps there is another way?
were getting way off topic but its cool cuz the question has pretty much been answered and were really just having an after party on the thread

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

how is it scary? its just news articles? about earthquakes?

in the end. all you said was "i'm scared of whats going on".

oh buggers, another 1000 points taken off.

yeah, i do agree with you about people making posts saying "things are really accelerating! this isn't normal, and the like...i mean the first few this month were good, and more than three sentences. they really should be taken down, point people toward the main topic on the subject.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Also do you have any Deja vu about this thread? I know it is a weird question please understand.

Its funny you mention deva ju. I havnt had it myself for a long time. But something really strange has been happening to me lately, whenever I talk to people they say they just got deva ju. Its gotten to the point where I start to probe them to see how often they get it to figure out the chance of it happening while im talking to them, and im starting to get a lil weirded out by it. I dont want to come off like a freak to my mates by probing them to much about it but Ive been keeping a watch on it to see if it starts happening an undeniable amount of times. But deva ju for myself, not for a couple of years, since a started meditating ive been getting many very strange happenings but no deva ju.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join