It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what causes the desire to cause fear?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
hello ats i want to discuss how im sick of all these doomsday and Nwo threads i dont even read them anymore but they still persist just like aerosmith

but any way its obvious to me people like to twist things around and make up things to scare people why? whats the efficiency in making people freak out about 2012? personnaly i dont take stock in2012 it sounds to much like y2k to me

any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

How many threads do you have looking into this???? Could you not have fit it all in the same thread?

And to answer your question fear is a great motivator and leads to hate young Jedi. This is why they use it. The fear of the stick is greater then the carrot. And why so many questions on such similar topics in different threads. Fishing for flags or what.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

ive just noticed alot of these types of threads when i go to the recent posts page

are people realy believing those garbage posts? i hope not.
now im not saying there is nothing going on that shouldnt be but i dont think there should be such a gloomy outlook, its depressing

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

Ive just noticed alot of these types of threads when i go to the recent posts page

are people really believing those garbage posts? i hope not.
now I'm not saying there is nothing going on that shouldn't be but i dont think there should be such a gloomy outlook, its depressing

Say what?
So you have seen many post like this so you wanted to have your own? Just how exactly does this tie into your post it seems like you are trying to derail your own thread lets just stick to fear.

Fear is the best basic emotion to use to get results if you dont care about the persons long term mental health. It works but only for so long the person will eventually see the truth. It can take some time but fear will turn to hate and when it does watch out.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
2012 is not a bad thing, I believe something gonna happen but if your afraid then your missing the point, way off the mark. It is only a spiritual event. Sure it may have some "husk" preceeding and trailing the "harvest", but these are just inconveniences. If your an atheist as I used to be I could see how you may find it scary, and somebody (PTB?) with a fear creation motivation has capitalized on animalistic survival traits with fiction and psudeo-science to generate fear, the worst of all emotions for growth.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
2012 is not a bad thing, I believe something gonna happen but if your afraid then your missing the point, way off the mark. It is only a spiritual event. Sure it may have some "husk" preceeding and trailing the "harvest", but these are just inconveniences. If your an atheist as I used to be I could see how you may find it scary, and somebody (PTB?) with a fear creation motivation has capitalized on animalistic survival traits with fiction and psudeo-science to generate fear, the worst of all emotions for growth.

You say that something is going to happen and then say pseudo-science is causing fear?
Could you please explain this to me a little deeper. I dont know much about 2012 but what proof do you have that something is going to happen other then pseudo-science?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

How many threads do you have looking into this???? Could you not have fit it all in the same thread?

And to answer your question fear is a great motivator and leads to hate young Jedi. This is why they use it. The fear of the stick is greater then the carrot. And why so many questions on such similar topics in different threads. Fishing for flags or what.

I just found your other thread the above poster pointed out, gee youve been busy on this. You should have put the thread into the RANT section seeing as you didnt bring philosphy or metaphysics to the philosophy or metaphysics forum, the wrong icon shows up nect to the thread and tricks people into thinking this is going to be a spiritual or philosphical discussion about fear. It seems you dont like agreeing to disagree with people, but if they dont think like you theres something wrong with them. Embrace our diversity, it leads to a broader brainstorm. But thats my rant over

Back to fear, generating fear is carried on by innoscent people wanting to raise awarness about a possible threat. But it begins and is popularized by organized people whose goal it is to retard the thinking of man into the low vibe reactionary animalistic fear state. When in fear they can act irrational and are more likely to be manipulated into going along with things they normally wouldnt such as invading poor little countries for example. Fear slows spiritual growth right down almost to a halt, it doesnt allow the mind to expand and comprehend the nature of reality correctly, it binds you to the animal you inhabit, but you need to free yourself to see clearly. Most of all fear is the opposite to love, it is the emotion the negatives need to propogate to polarize the planet to the negative.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

the desire to cause fear is the pretention of superiority

by shaking the ground of others infront of you, you are simply confirming yourself ground being solid and real living

i dont think people are fearing that date at all, you cant sense fear but when you see it all, fear is a sense of living but negative
and all senses of life are only when all the situation reality whole is

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I am pretty sure this OP is trolling but I could be wrong please OP enlighten us to what you think about this topic that you started. And remember lets stick to fear because that is your topic that you started.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

And to answer your question fear is a great motivator and leads to hate young Jedi. This is why they use it.

perhaps...
but in a deeper way the act of causing 'fear' in others,
is the intoxicating taste of projecting 'power'

which is different than the excitement accepted by the simple fear-mongering meme of 2012... 2012 is a fad or craze to most, but there are hardcore 2012 fanatics just as there were Heavens Gate zealots

[edit on 14-4-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Surely, to a large extent, people are scaring themselves first, and then sharing it?
Perhaps there is room for a discussion, in terms of social history, about the pyschology of the fact that so many people should be scaring themselves in the present period.
It's a very interesting-looking social trend, but I don't have the data to make a proper start of discussing it.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

You say that something is going to happen and then say pseudo-science is causing fear?
Could you please explain this to me a little deeper. I dont know much about 2012 but what proof do you have that something is going to happen other then pseudo-science?

This could very quikly derail the thread it a very very long discussion. Basically I used the word Believe because I cant predict the future, I dont have a time machine I can only go off probability/possibility. The future is not set in stone so it is absolutley impossible to proof 100% when it will happen. But my guess is about 97% (for 2011-17 window) chance up from about 5% two years ago when I was absorbing all the pseudo-science and fringe archeology to try to peice it together. But now ive been exposed to evidence which has awoken me spiritually I see it is only an inevitable spiritual event and the proof is a personal esoteric finding. You would have heard the great truth seekers say "look not abroad but within", your own mind can access any truth becuase you are a holographic subset fractal portion of the entire universe, meditation is how I know.

And Fear is the single worst emotion you can have when approaching this event, TPTB know this.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studio

And to answer your question fear is a great motivator and leads to hate young Jedi. This is why they use it.

perhaps...
but in a deeper way the act of causing 'fear' in others,
is the intoxicating taste of projecting 'power'

Intoxicating? I find that people that like to cause fear and get a high from it are the lowest common denominator. They have something missing inside of them and are searching for it and the only thing that fills the void is inflicting pain and misery on others.

They always are alone and everyone around them fears them this in not love but they like to think it is. I feel sorry for them they are truly lost souls.

Fear can be a good thing but only with a clever and kind hand. Like a parent warning a child. But when people that dont care about you use it watch out they are up to something.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

trolling?? no man you got me wrong i just wanted to know why people are causing fear and used doomsday threads as an example

what is trolling from what ive gathered it is making threads and posts to piss people off which is not my goal so no definetley not trolling

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

This could very quikly derail the thread it a very very long discussion. Basically I used the word Believe because I cant predict the future, I dont have a time machine I can only go off probability/possibility. The future is not set in stone so it is absolutley impossible to proof 100% when it will happen. But my guess is about 97% (for 2011-17 window) chance up from about 5% two years ago when I was absorbing all the pseudo-science and fringe archeology to try to peice it together. But now ive been exposed to evidence which has awoken me spiritually I see it is only an inevitable spiritual event and the proof is a personal esoteric finding. You would have heard the great truth seekers say "look not abroad but within", your own mind can access any truth becuase you are a holographic subset fractal portion of the entire universe, meditation is how I know.

And Fear is the single worst emotion you can have when approaching this event, TPTB know this.

All that and you still cant tell me were you are getting this personal truth from because that is what it is personal truth not fact. But you are putting it forward as fact why?

And to say I am derailing a thread remember my question was in response to your post in this thread HELLO.

I will make it easy for you please tell me 4 facts not personal truths that make you believe something is going to happen. And please make them scientific. And please do not respond with another long winded post that says nothing but the same thing over again.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

your deeper reflection toughts are well said.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

trolling?? no man you got me wrong i just wanted to know why people are causing fear and used doomsday threads as an example

what is trolling from what ive gathered it is making threads and posts to piss people off which is not my goal so no definetley not trolling

Cool I guess it was because you have another thread that is very similar going at the same time. This sends a red flag up with me. I believe you and thanks for responding.

And to answer you I think you need to remember were you are this is ATS. This is were we come to talk about things like this and the diversity here on the forum is what makes it great and if you were to take that away it would really suck.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

true sense of living is the absolute positive freedom, so it is about the sense of certainty being alive as free moving

now fear is the opposite to this, that is how it says an evil will of course objective to who fear that is present and at the same time the present fear result objective reality is of the subject who fear that care for his positive life as free certain moves he realize

the self reality of fear is the result reality of evil objective source from a subject living wills, and the subject who is employing all he can to save his free moves wills

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studio

your deeper reflection thoughts are well said.

Thank you I am trying to see things in a different light as of late. If you have seen me in the past I was more about arguing then trying to really say what comes form my heart. Thank you it means alot.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I actually am not that big on conspiracies but I want to share something with this thread. I have the feeling we have done this before I am getting wicked Deja voo am I the only one. I swear I have seen this post and my comments before but I dont remember when. It just hit me like a wave.

And if you have seen my posts in the past you know this is not a common thing for me and this is the first time I have had it on ATS. Something is very weird that is for sure. We have done this before. I am sure of it but I dont know why?

Sorry for going off topic but I wanted to share am I alone?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join