It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcomer from Wales!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Hi all!

After a few months lurking in the shadows i have taken the brave/foolhardy step into the light that is joining up....

This is actually my 3rd post, feel free to check out what else i've had to say so far, and also please give any comments or advice as i don't believe it's ever time to stop learning!

Bit about me, I'm in Wales in the UK, i'm Ex-military and the wrong side of 30 and i'm interested in most of the topics here on ATS, but technology is my pet love....

...as for my pet hates, well although i respect other peoples opinions and beliefs, i can't stand people trying to force those beliefs on others.

Just a final few things to add, I do believe there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, i don't trust the government, i think believing in a god is the same as believing in a giant magic teapot in the sky, i think the moon landings were real, 9-11 was a terrorist attack, and most importantly chocolate bars were much bigger when i was a kid.

Say hi if you want and keep sane people!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Hi and Welcome
I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here, I know I do

Btw, Wagon Wheels where huge when I was a kid

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Agree about the Wagon wheels..and they didn't taste quite so much like cardboard....and don't get me started on curly wurly's!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Shawmai boyo (forgive my welsh) it's been a while...

Have fun in here...

..and everything was bigger when we were kids...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Bore da Caddy!

Thanks for trying, your welsh is probably as good as mine, but i am learning....National pride and all that!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by uptheirons!

Hi uptheirons, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms and Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

and most importantly chocolate bars were much bigger when i was a kid.

Tis true!

Maybe a real conspiracy here!

Anyway welcome to ATS i'm sure you'll fit right in here.

Hope to cya around.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Love your avatar and welcome to ATS the greatest sight on earth. And if you need anything just ask

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ahh always good to see a fellow Welshy on here! What topics are you currently looking at?

All the best - Iechyd Da!!

Mr V

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Up The Irons....West Ham United

or

Up The Irons....Iron Maiden

And Snickers were Marathons!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hello,

Im from wales too, maybe not a good idea to say exactly where but I can see the severn bridge from where I'm sat...

Croeso i ATS, and hope it goes well for you, it certainly has for me...

Nice to see a fellow proud Welshman join the group.

Whyl!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!
I am a fundamental,independent, baptist grandma,we might clash
some in the future.
I remember when candy bars were bigger and cost five cents!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Welcome newcomer. I am across the pond and want to say that you live in a beautiful country. My son spent a year in your country as an exchange student. My wife and visited him during the Christmas holidays and had a great time. He was in Swansee (sp?). I had a great time in London and took the train to the west coast. It was my first trip abroad. I marveled at how gratiously we were treated as visitors. Not like visiting Atlanta or Detroit. Not that they are bad I just had bad experience in both places. I look forward to going back and seeing more of your country.

sc

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Up the irons for me refers to the mighty Maiden....although my cousin is a lifelong hammers fan.

I remember Marathons before they changed the name, but not a fan of peanuts.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

My fellow celtic brethren! Siarad Cymraeg? I'm kidding, I barely speak a word of the beautiful language unfortunately.

Didn't quite expect to see this many Welsh folk on here I must confess. I hail from the Caerphilly area myself - though, I hold no reservations about disclosing that information as it's a generalisation. I moved from there about 7 years ago.

Hope to catch up with you around here sometime.

Regards,

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I agree. Candy bars were bigger way back when.

QueenBob.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mrvalleyboy

at the moment i'm dipping in and out of anything that catches my eye on the firehose. Also keep a close eye on the science and tech, Skunk works, and Military projects forums, and if there's anything about human spaceflight i'm all over it.

Just as an aside, does anyone else agree that Obama scrapping the Apollo MK2 programme is a good thing AS LONG AS something a bit more modern is tried? Ion engines, robotic mining of asteroids, that sort of thing?

Lets face it, if Bert Rutan can get exo-atmospheric on what was a relatively limited budget, what could he do with regards to cargo/passengers to LEO if given the cash and the mandate?....but maybe i'll post a thread all about this...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

hiya this is my new name now

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by prettygreeneyes26

Welcome back!...

And don't worry about NK....i think the middle east is the big problem...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Welcome here, I see you're already have fun and are making friends.

Rock on!
from another metal-head here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join