It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hundreds evacuated in Iceland over volcano eruption risk

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Hundreds evacuated in Iceland over volcano eruption risk


ph.news.yahoo.com

REYKJAVIK (AFP) - – Up to 800 people were evacuated in Iceland early Wednesday because of a volcano eruption risk at the Eyjafjallajokull glacier in the south of the island, a police spokesman said.

"Between 700 and 800 people were evacuated from their homes because of the risk of an eruption in Eyjafjallajokull and because there were a lot of earthquakes in the area," Baldur Sigurdsson told AFP.

"All roads are closed and a helicopter has just left to see if there was an eruption," he added.
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.tolerance.ca
www.14wfie.com




posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This is from yahoo News.

Not much to the story yet, but I put down another link for verifications..

Second link is from April 12th, were it say :

'' REYKJAVIK, Iceland (AP) - Iceland's latest volcanic eruption is coming to an end, scientists said Monday - and the unexpected tourist boom that lifted this recession-weary country's financial fortunes may be up in smoke as well. ''

ph.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I'm sure its just because the reporting is all getting better and more of us are 'aware'.... but it does seem like the whole earth is shaking right now!



posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysQuestion
I'm sure its just because the reporting is all getting better and more of us are 'aware'.... but it does seem like the whole earth is shaking right now!


Yea, mother is shaking off her flees..

It is Breaking News on TV here in Norway and they say it is an eruption going on, yet on the net they say 'fear of an eruption', that is the Mainstream news for you, always more then one side to every story..



posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Wow, this is crazy..I mean , volcanoes, earthquakes, even a giant tsunami , and all in the past week!!! You guys are right, mother earth is rockin and rollin!

Oh yea, and someone just made that name up of the volcano..I mean, really..thats not even a work I can pronounce..
..jk



posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Yes, it seems to be through fear of an eruption after a 3.2 quake under the glacier.

www.icenews.is...

I particularly like this report from the las vegas sun as it gives a phonetic pronunciation for that unpronouncable glacier


www.lasvegassun.com...



posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by slidingdoor
Yes, it seems to be through fear of an eruption after a 3.2 quake under the glacier.

www.icenews.is...

I particularly like this report from the las vegas sun as it gives a phonetic pronunciation for that unpronouncable glacier


www.lasvegassun.com...


AHAHA..laffing here..thanks for that..thats fantastic..at least Im not the only one!!!

I looked at that word and said..WTH!!! Looks like someone just had fun with the alphabet



posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
ok .. I just heard yesterday from a music staion 105.1 here in portland metro that this volcano is still erupting and has caused MAJOR air traffic to be stopped all across Europe due to the amount of ash!!! It's so bad that airlines are unable to fly over it.. I believe it was Stacy Lynn... can't remember..

What's odd is, there's hardly any news on this if this is true !

Can anyone one confirm this ??

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Komodo]



posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Hardly any news on this?
Are you serious?



posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo
 


Yes it is true, and although I do feel sad for the folks whose travel plans have gone sour. I have to tell you that here in the UK the skies are a beautiful blue
and the silence is golden. If the wind shifts direction and blows the volcanic ash out over the Atlantic things will get back to normal
Until then I for one am enjoying the peace and clear skies, reminds me of my childhood.



posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
ok .. I just heard yesterday from a music staion 105.1 here in portland metro that this volcano is still erupting and has caused MAJOR air traffic to be stopped all across Europe due to the amount of ash!!! It's so bad that airlines are unable to fly over it.. I believe it was Stacy Lynn... can't remember..

What's odd is, there's hardly any news on this if this is true !

Can anyone one confirm this ??

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Komodo]


Which planet have you been on?!



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join