It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else feeling fed up with the boards?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I need to vent. I feel like Ive reached my BS limit.

I feel like in the past 6 months we have gotten ALOT of mainstream society traffic. I like many of you, enjoy going on ATS to EXPAND our minds. However, recently, I feel like I am explaining the ABC's of conspiracy theories to preschoolers. Im feeling fed up with replying to any of these typs of threads anymore, because it is simply a waste of my time. Why argue with people who are so closed minded?

Its so frustrating. Its not that I dont mind teaching people about what they need to know about, the truth about the government and world, but I just feel like there are not many quality posts out there anymore, and those that are there- are getting swamped by the "Are these chemtrails" threads...

While the ATS upgrade is certainly going to bring even MORE mainstream society- I hope that we dedicated bloggers of ATS will still be able to retain some sense of patience with all the completely clueless people out there who will be joining.

Ok I feel better. Feel free to add

[edit on 14-4-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

So let me get this straight you are tired of having to teach everyone what you see as truth and want a special place for you and people like you to gather and discuss issues the common people would find to hard to understand?

I just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

It never stops amazing me just how powerful arrogance can be and how it can cloud your mind. Truth is subjective and there are no bad questions but only bad answers. So in my humble opinion you can take your special place for your exalted self and cram it.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Lol, rude, but in other words, it seems you have put your mind set into a place where:
A: You are blocking out other possibilities
B: Creating emotions over the false, but natural belief that you are right.

Everyone thinks they are right, but you have to rise above that in order to grow.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

Lol, rude, but in other words, it seems you have put your mind set into a place where:
A: You are blocking out other possibilities
B: Creating emotions over the false, but natural belief that you are right.

Everyone thinks they are right, but you have to rise above that in order to grow.

I not sure if you are responding to me or the OP maybe you need to read them both again. I am calling the OP out not agreeing with them just to set the record straight.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Personally i am getting tired of the Religion threads and israel threads. It seems like every other week some hardened atheist comes out and writes the same manifesto we have heard a billion times more and then proceeds to derail another religion thread into a debate of gods existence. And then some alarmist christian comes in and starts telling us how it is the end times and satan is infiltrating ice cream factories or whatever. I mean civil discourse is almost unheard of it seems on the religion board. I usually get hardcore ad-hominem and told that i don't understand science because i think that there are flaws in some of our models. And then you have people who do nothing but complain about the ignorance of science on this site. Meanwhile Phage and OzWeatherman are laying down scientifically sound observations or musings in regards to whatever the topic is.

Then there is israel. If israel even so much as drops a bottlecap 800 people freak out and present arguments that borderline on full blown anti-semitism (while insisting they are not racist) thus obfuscating anyone who has a legitimate criticism in regards to israeli politics. Christ i have been accused of being a khazar, zionist. FFS i was born in the USA, i'm one quarter puerto-rican and 1/8th american indian.

That aside i would be opposed to implementing some sort of separate board. The best you can do is fight ignorance with information. Even if it means repeating yourself. So i must respectfully reject this notion because we will be witholding information, and as such we will not aid in denying ignorance.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
What some people class as b/s others find interesting, There are upteen topics to discuss on this board, if you can't find one that suits you at the time then just do what everyone else does. Hit the X on the top right and log out

its hardly rocket science.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DeathShield

So let me get this straight you think a separete board will be better? Would it not just be the same thing but with a differant name? If you dont like a poster hit the ignore button or call them out.

ATS seems to have alot of little cry babies on it. I dont like this and that person is so rude and so on and so on...........

If you have so many issues why not go for a walk in the park? Or buy a kitty cat? Or I know go to a petting zoo.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
In a similar type of thread I read not too long ago, somebody (I forget who) pointed out the way that at first, ATS seems bursting with ideas. Then, if you spend enough time here, you start to see repetition. A lot of repetition. You start to develop your own more nuanced stance: instead of taking in everything as new and exciting, you begin to classify some things as "been there, done that" or "I've already barked up that tree and found it empty."

There's still a lot of value here but you have to realize that n0 subject matter is infinite and if you knock around long enough you will start to run into the various boundries. Niberu and Reptoids seem interesting the first dozen times you encounter varieties of the theories...not so interesting after a few hundred times.

Also, its worth remembering that the ATS mods do an excellent job of keeping the board relatively civil. Most internet messageboards are much more rough-and-tumble. Its easy to forget that. As more people move in from the outside, they bring their crasser, more argumentative styles with them. It takes some time for most to abandon the "lol d0oD yuo are teh sux0r"-style discourse.

One thing to help keep the experience interesting for seasoned posters:...there is a growing mistrust of the MSM even among the most "conventional" types. This is driving more people to ATS and similar sites. This makes for very interesting times and gives the more experienced posters both a challenge and a responsibility -- to help inform and educate people who a decade before would have looked at you as a crackpot, but now just may be willing to listen respectfully to you, after having the foundations of their worldview rocked to the core over the last year or two. Let's all rise to the challenge.

CX

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I wish there would be a way to access Way Above Top Secret for those of us that can't stand the public boards anymore. Other than having enough "magic brownie points" (flag contribution level) as my husband calls them.

I am guessing you are reffering to "Really Above Top Secret"? In which you have more than enough points in your account to acess that. Don't be dismayed though when you find out that the general public who you are reffering to can also access it.

I actualy like RATS for several reasons, however i still think there is more to read and enjoy in the main part of the forum.

At the end of the day, whether we consider ourselves experts or not in the subject of CT, we are all just average joes who have as much access to this site as anyone else who comes along.

Way Above Top Secret is the award given to members, voted for by members regarding the quality of particular threads. As the management has already said, this should be returning with the arrival of the new ATS setup.

As i've said before, ATS may not be perfect for some, but it's way ahead of the other sites out there.

Whilst i think it's admirable that yourself and others are passionate enough to care about the quality of ATS to write a thread about it, i think we should keep the threads like this contained in the ATS Issues thread, that way the whole site doesn't look like one big complaint. That just adds to what people are fed up with IMO.

CX.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The way I see ATS is a place to put outrageous theories and facts for people to take or leave. What has been happening is that if you post something outrageous these days you get VERBALLY ASSAULTED. Its something I find unacceptable and for the first time I've been alerting the moderators about it using the ALERT button. Its always happened to some degree but now it happens to an unacceptable degree.

It is acceptable to post any theory on ATS. And if you disagree you absolutely have to fight with evidence instead of insulting someone's education or calling them delusional.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Were is the OP of this thread? They just started it and then walked away?

I have a hard time understanding why so many come to ATS and post and then complain the whole time about how the threads suck so much. Why not go somewhere else or start your own thread?

ATS is great for one reason and that is diversity. And I keep reading posts about how they hate the very thing that makes ATS great. If you dont like a poster use ignore and if they have lied call them on it.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

So let me get this straight you are tired of having to teach everyone what you see as truth and want a special place for you and people like you to gather and discuss issues the common people would find to hard to understand?

You MISUNDERSTOOD ME. I have no problem with enlightening people with the truth (like the american government staged 911), as I have CONSISTENTLY and DAILY for the past 2 years of being on ATS. Not MY TRUTH, but UNIVERSAL TRUTH. If some people want to argue that the earth is flat- thats their problem.

My issue is with the INCREASE of really basic conspiracy theory stuff. Due to the INCREASE of curious mainstream society. I am all for people learning about new ideas and so forth, but when these threads and posts begin to monopolize the boards- it starts to get on my nerves. Thats all im saying.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Fair enough I did read into your post wrong but you have to understand how that could have happened by the wording you used. I am sorry.

And I am glad to hear you still want to teach I enjoy your posts other then this one for obvious reasons. But I have learned from you in the past.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

And I am glad to hear you still want to teach I enjoy your post other then this one for obvious reasons. But I have learned from you in the past.

Thanks! Learned from me?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

And I am glad to hear you still want to teach I enjoy your post other then this one for obvious reasons. But I have learned from you in the past.

Thanks! Learned from me?

I consider myself evolving in my ideas. Mind you I retain my core values but I am open to new ideas in thought. I think being closed minded is one of the biggest problems facing us today. We do not want to stray to far from our path laid out to us at birth. But I Like to think I learn something every night on ATS.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I agree. Well Im off to sleep *incase your wondering where I went- dont want to get bitched at again*

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I agree. Well Im off to sleep *incase your wondering where I went- dont want to get bitched at again*

Well I sorry if I hurt your feelings.
But it was a acceptable question to ask at the time. And I hope you get a good nights sleep I think I am going to hit the sack in three more posts.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It is interesting that these points are brought up. I actually do not mind explaining what conspiracy is. It is interesting that conspiracy is actually listed as a crime (conspiracy to commit murder) but is used as a derogatory remark toward theories about a flying saucer cover-up or the murder of JFK.

I tell people there are many various conspiracies out there and some make very good sense. Just look for what evidence is used to make the cases. There are some very weak ones to some very strong ones.

Most people actually listen to me although I think they are thinking "this guy needs a tin foil hat".

I have a small library of very reliable authors and books on the subjects. It helps to get people to read them and come to their own conclusions.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If you want to expand our reach then you would be excited to, in detail, guide the main stream in some of our view points.

Don't be frustrated, be understanding and patient.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

People coming here with no knowledge is a good thing. Yes it may be frustrating, but how did you first learn? If you are willing to teach, more people will become aware and resistance to conspiracies will become stronger.

top topics

join