It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Events Being Orchestrated to Appear Like Bible Prophecy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

They very well might be. The thing about Bible Prophecy is its fairly vague (like most other prophecy) and open to interpretation which makes it an easy target for people to orchestrate events and twist the prophecy to fit what they create.

I'm not 100% sure of the manipulation however but it definitely would be an advantage for those in power to be able to sway believers.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

How its it that so many want to comment on the bible but are woefully ignorant of what it says and it history?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by primoaurelius
i quickly scanned through this thread i didnt really see anything about this, only 1 post i think

i heard somewhere that the government is creating some kind of technology that would turn the atmosphere into a giant projector screen that will broadcast all over the world the "end times", with jesus and such coming out of the sky and satan fighting back, souls ascending, etc, etc, in order to cause mass panic and start martial law, and huge religious wars to induce depopulation. i mean nothing pisses people off more than religion.

i also heard that they would broadcast different end time scenerios at differnet parts of the world to match their religious agendas, and induce passion, fanaticism, and hate for other religions, in turn causing world wide wars

they could use HAARP, but i remember the project being called bluesometing, bluebeam i believe.

of corse this is all just what i heard, i sounds to me a little too overdone. i mean if they wanted to start a war, they could start a war. but i guess they could defenetly get lots of support for that war if the population believes they are fighting "gods war".

gods war.......that sounds rediculus

Now would you need the RFID chip implanted in order to view the show? The implanted chip could do any number of unadvertised things including being an individual receiver/transmitter. If you don't get the plastic glasses at the theater you don't see the 3D.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by IandEye

How its it that so many want to comment on the bible but are woefully ignorant of what it says and it history?

What are the original texts written in? Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek? Everybody here is likely woefully ignorant unless they have one or all of those languages under their command. How's your Greek?

If these texts truly were the word of god he would have made the contents known to all at birth or even earlier and without the need of translation or interpretation. Just my opinion. That you have likely never read the original documents, that's if they still exist, and continue to complain that others don't know what they say or mean is in the least silly. Just my opinion. Even the KJV was someone's opinion.

"So many want to comment" in that it is an interesting subject. For a Biblical scholar and believer like yourself, I would think that is welcome. Better one should be interested and stay around long enough to learn from your vast knowledge and correct interpretation than to dismiss the subject altogether.

We don't all have to be friends but we can be "friendly" in how we compose our opposing opinions. That tact tends to keep everybody inolved, learning, sharing and communicating. Or we can try to shut everybody else up and out.

Peace be with you!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
like this?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

reply to post by IandEye

I have a degree in religious studies-
if i cant talk about it then no one can

rhetorical question gets a rhetorical answer
peace

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

reply to post by IandEye

What are the original texts written in? Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek? Everybody here is likely woefully ignorant unless they have one or all of those languages under their command. How's your Greek?

If these texts truly were the word of god he would have made the contents known to all at birth or even earlier and without the need of translation or interpretation. Just my opinion. That you have likely never read the original documents, that's if they still exist, and continue to complain that others don't know what they say or mean is in the least silly. Just my opinion. Even the KJV was someone's opinion.

"So many want to comment" in that it is an interesting subject. For a Biblical scholar and believer like yourself, I would think that is welcome. Better one should be interested and stay around long enough to learn from your vast knowledge and correct interpretation than to dismiss the subject altogether.

We don't all have to be friends but we can be "friendly" in how we compose our opposing opinions. That tact tends to keep everybody inolved, learning, sharing and communicating. Or we can try to shut everybody else up and out.

Peace be with you!

I know hebrew, sanskrit, tibetan, french, and some english.... should be enough to understand a pamphlet like the NT.
I obviously don't belong in this discussion because i think the same people who wrote the bible are the ones pulling the strings today. i believe that Jesus was pretty cool, but everything he said and did has been twisted to fit the needs of the few. if i learned anything from life and the bible its- "don't claim to be a messiah!"
peace

[edit on 16-4-2010 by IandEye]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by IandEye

Peace be with you!

People are far to opinonated and not very well rounded on this subject but none the less spew. And they would do well frankly to listen to some that have a better grasp. A person should have to start with enough of a brain to understand when they know little and that very few studies of anything allow for the development of a reasonable opinion without study. Thats about 95% of what you find here Greek or no Greek.

Several comments on this thread so far say like Krishna and Jesus...floating around in the same sentence....just tossed out there tells me that person really has never took the time to study either.

After reading your post its clear that you dont have much of an opinion anyway. Not that I didnt see who you were right off mind you there "original manuscript". You probably have enough gray matter to appreciate the value of an original manuscript and may be a fine greek reader but that doesnt free you from from making your own private interpretations sadly. Especially in Hebrew but certainly in the ambiguous parts of the greek.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye

reply to post by IandEye

What are the original texts written in? Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek?

Peace be with you!

I know hebrew, sanskrit, tibetan, french, and some english.... should be enough to understand a pamphlet like the NT.
I obviously don't belong in this discussion because i think the same people who wrote the bible are the ones pulling the strings today. i believe that Jesus was pretty cool, but everything he said and did has been twisted to fit the needs of the few. if i learned anything from life and the bible its- "don't claim to be a messiah!"
peace

Now here is a good example. Just give me pray tell a point where you see a connection between the folks that wrote the bible and those pulling the strings today and an example of how the bible is being used, how and by same, to have thier way on some issue today? Just for arguments sake here nothing personal.

And you dont have to go at length just stay in the main Ill know what your are hitting on.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Now here is a good example. Just give me pray tell a point where you see a connection between the folks that wrote the bible and those pulling the strings today and an example of how the bible is being used, how and by same, to have thier way on some issue today? Just for arguments sake here nothing personal.

And you dont have to go at length just stay in the main Ill know what your are hitting on.

Logarock, I'll take a crack at that if you don't mind. I differ somewhat in that I don't beleive a "Jesus of Nazareth" actually existed but instead I believe this was a composite character made up by perhaps the former Jew, Titus Flavius Josephus, as a part of his service to the Roman court. He would have had the OT background regarding prophesies and such and been able to tie the various stories together. I have considered also that the character "Jesus" plagiarizes sayings attributed to Hilel the Elder, another Jewish messianic contender of roughly the same time period.

As you know though that was common as the OT borrows sayings, concepts and myths from earlier civilizations. The flood story jumps immediately to mind. And so the character "Jesus", a composite Jewish messiah created by Josephus for the Romans, put to death in writing around the same time as the physical destruction of the temple. Thus the Romans destroy the temple and attempt to undermine the Hebrews search for an earthly messiah in one fell swoop. Josephus also recorded Titus's triumphant destruction of the temple and that is typically not debated. The attributed writings of Josephus perhaps contain the only concurrent cross references to the Biblical character "Jesus". I could be wrong there. You tell me.

From Wiki on Josephus:

He is an important source for studies of immediate post-Temple Judaism and the context of early Christianity.

Here is one of my points as to the Roman Empire writing the script:

"20And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

22When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left him, and went their way." - Matthew 22:20-22 (King James Version)

This Roman doubletalk was designed in my opinion to keep the new Christians joyfully giving everything to the Romans. With this they clearly would hand over their taxes. The various Caesars considered themselves living gods and so the inside joke would have been that the Christians were handing over everything, souls included.

The continued existence of the Roman Empire is too lengthy and involved a subject to get into here but it has been examined at length in multiple threads on ATS. And by better historians and conspiracists than I.

By the way, who was the recording secretary in the Jesus posse? Who was recording his exploits at the time they supposedly occurred? I think the answer, or lack thereof, to that question is critical to my argument.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I obviously don't belong in this discussion because i think the same people who wrote the bible are the ones pulling the strings today.

Well, we have that in common. By the way, I was not questioning your individual capabilities in my earlier post. It was merely a general request for respect toward you and all the posters. No matter the level of expertise.

Peace to you.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by Hemisphere]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Regarding the continued existence of the Roman Empire and their "pulling of strings".

The Black Pope

The Club of Rome

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

On the story of the great flood and its likeness to the now shown to be older Summarian histories of which we have archaeological records, it is rarely noted that the ancient ancestral homeland of Abraham was the upper Tigris–Euphrates headwaters regions. Abrahmas faimly was from near Ur in Sumer which is as you know has yielded up vast ancient libaries. It should be no suprise then that the biblical records reflect a great deal of similarities to the Sumerian records. This however begs the question of how the Hebrew knew so much about this when it wasnt untill very recent digs uncovered the oldest written source of this story.

What is more important though is that the differnces in the stories suggest a parting of the way between the true vain of the story on one side and an admixture and exspansion on the other. They are in the main two diffrent tales of the same event. Both sides promote the users and tellers ends. That this parting took place here at the dawn of history, after the flood and long before the Jewish captivity in Babylon is clear*. This rift between the two tales is the foundation and larger part of what ails the middle east to this day.

*Some would suggest that the Jews picked this story up while in Babvlon but this idea is very cumbersome for a number of reasons. One being that by the time of the Jews in Babylon, the Babylonian version of the story had morphed substantially whiel the current version known in Genesis and other supporting Israelitish documents remain closer to the historical context of the documents unearthed in the Sumer examples of recent discovery. So the Sumer digs do more to confirm the antiquity of the Genesis version.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

On the story of the great flood and its likeness to the now shown to be older Summarian histories of which we have archaeological records, it is rarely noted that the ancient ancestral homeland of Abraham was the upper Tigris–Euphrates headwaters regions. Abrahmas faimly was from near Ur in Sumer which is as you know has yielded up vast ancient libaries. It should be no suprise then that the biblical records reflect a great deal of similarities to the Sumerian records. This however begs the question of how the Hebrew knew so much about this when it wasnt untill very recent digs uncovered the oldest written source of this story.

You say "Abrahmas faimly was from near Ur in Sumer" and yet "This however begs the question of how the Hebrew knew so much about this when it wasnt untill very recent digs uncovered the oldest written source of this story." In my opinion your prior statement directly answers your latter question.

"The oldest written source" does not mean it was the "only source". The ancients had both written sources and word of mouth. There were likely multiple "hard" copies, the ancients were much more like us than some might believe. They backed up their hard drives. The "great deal of similarities" you mention speaks directly to that logical possibility. And so one story that morphed through time and the whims of those who gained possession. This also backs my thinking that the flood story is the fanciful history of a natural disaster and not a factual account of the wrath of a disgruntled creator.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

You say "Abrahmas faimly was from near Ur in Sumer" and yet "This however begs the question of how the Hebrew knew so much about this when it wasnt untill very recent digs uncovered the oldest written source of this story." In my opinion your prior statement directly answers your latter question.

Right.

"The oldest written source" does not mean it was the "only source". The ancients had both written sources and word of mouth. There were likely multiple "hard" copies, the ancients were much more like us than some might believe. They backed up their hard drives. The "great deal of similarities" you mention speaks directly to that logical possibility. And so one story that morphed through time and the whims of those who gained possession. This also backs my thinking that the flood story is the fanciful history of a natural disaster and not a factual account of the wrath of a disgruntled creator.

I didnt say it was. As far as multiple hard copies as opposed and/or including word of mouth histories all that I am pointing out is that the oldest written record we have comes from the oldest advanced civilization on earth. And they came out of no where without antecedence, with the ability to alloy metal, writing, goldwork ect as examples were found in what is recognized as the oldest royal tomb ever found on earth. They, the Sumerians, have every appearance of having come from an unknown advanced culture of educated metallurgists, musicans, ect. that had been lost to a flood or some sort of natural disaster.

As far as a wrathful creator the bible cannot by any means be isolated here as all the old stories speak of a higher power being involved. And that goes back to the point here that the bible is discredited as a borrower of other cultural tales. This is why I was showing its antecedence with the oldest known written records was not a borrowing at all but part and parcel of the oldest records. That this borrowing idea to discredit is at best a sophomoric explanation to vent some of the pressure to take it seriously. Which I do as the impression on the historians around the world durring that time was very profound.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

That this borrowing idea to discredit is at best a sophomoric explanation to vent some of the pressure to take it seriously. Which I do as the impression on the historians around the world durring that time was very profound.

Before the digital age, data and "stories" were known to morph and /or degrade with time and transfer. (They still do but that's another story) I think this has been the case since the beginning of time. And at times the changes that occur are not by innocent means. Men play an active part in changing records for gain of various types including control over others.

One historically recent example of this comes to mind. I feel certain you are already familiar with the life and extensive writings of Joseph Martin McCabe. For those not as learned as you I will attempt to encapsulate. McCabe was a former Catholic priest, a Franciscan, in England. He entered the priesthood as a young man and found that the priesthood was filled largely by the lost souls and misfits of society. For the most part these men were gullible simpletons content to parrot the official stories they were fed by the controllers of their safe harbor. His observations would seem to ring true with what we see undermining the RCC at present. That's another story.

He found that the Church was corrupt, perpetuating lies and he left the priesthood just prior to the 20th century. He spent the remainder of his life, until his death in 1955, as a paid speaker and a prolific writer, perhaps the most prolific writer in the free thought movement. Two of his gargantuan works involved tracking edition to edition alterations in historical accounts recorded in first the Encyclopedia Britannica and then the Columbia Encyclopedia. The RCC (the Jesuits) foremost among a number of powerful groups had significant control over what was presented as history in these publications. These two publications were the most widely accepted general historical references of that time. McCabe painstakingly compared entry to entry between new and older editions. What McCabe found with his comparisons was that the Church over time was altering and in many instances totally eliminating entries that showed itself in a bad light. They were re-writing history.

Do you think that men could have altered the written history of the Sumerians in a similar fashion to suit their needs? (We can make an educated guess that the oldest documents found were not the first and so a comparison like McCabe's is no longer possible.) Could a natural disaster morph into a punishment from god so that the story could serve political purposes similar to what the RCC was doing in the 19th and 20th centuries with the Encyclopedias?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

reply to post by IandEye

What are the original texts written in? Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek?

Peace be with you!

peace

well...just the fact that you dont see the connection is proof enough for me......
sorry to ruffle your feathers

look at this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

also- why cant jesus and krsna be put in the same sentence? the only thing that distinguishes between them is your fragile ego
I have a degree in religion so you kind of have to accept what i say based on precedent.......sucks, don't it?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I obviously don't belong in this discussion because i think the same people who wrote the bible are the ones pulling the strings today.

Well, we have that in common. By the way, I was not questioning your individual capabilities in my earlier post. It was merely a general request for respect toward you and all the posters. No matter the level of expertise.

Peace to you.

thank you- i hadnt taken anything personally. that is a waste of time.
you're doing a good job with your peaceful posts.
religion is great for feeding the ego, huh? the opposite of what it's supposed to do......
peace

[edit on 17-4-2010 by IandEye]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
"...half the story has never been told, so now you see the light..."

Bob Marley
Ethiopian Orthodox Christian
(Orthodox Christians do not believe in the Trinity...only duality of Christ...they did not sign Constantinople's Nicene Creed for control)

Revelation is false prohpesy...why? because it's so general that anything can be true

Cayce and Nostradamus are false prophets

[edit on 17-4-2010 by ibiubu]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

Thank you Iandeye for posting the link to that thread even though it was not specifically for my benefit. It pre-dates my membership on ATS, I had not seen it previously. It relates directly to the question posed in Alethea's thread title and is worth visiting in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join