It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The McVeigh Tapes release April 19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I searched for this and didn't see it anywhere. Thought it would be of interest to ATS members.

I was watching the Daily Show and saw a segment with Rachel Maddow talking about how McVeigh made 35-40 hours of video with 2 reporters he handpicked.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Supposedly it's all been neatly edited and tied into a little package for us, along with testimonies from the victim's families.

What do you think?

I felt a bit shell shocked. It seems so obvious some sort of message "Please don't attack the govt., it hurts real people." "People that take militant action against the govt. are evil sociopaths" I dunno - but that's just the way it came across.

I mean...

Why NOW? Ok, well that is obvious. Tea parties and guys crashing into IRS buildings and people saying he was a hero. New rise in militias, and conspiracy theories galore, including ones about McVeigh himself.

Seems like a strategy to counteract several things at once, to me.

"Hear his confession in his own words" She mentioned that several times.

How odd, I thought. She's sitting there saying she's got 35-40 hours of video that's been heavily condensed and edited and I'm supposed to believe it?

Think they will release all 35 (or 40) hours? I don't think I could talk about anything for that long unless I was teaching a course.

Why did McVeigh pick those 2 journalists? Are they maybe govt. agents under cover? Maybe one trusted liberal (Her) and one trusted conservative? (I'm not sure who the second one is yet.)

Things that make me go hmmmm....

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I saw that clip and I can't wait to see the show. Didn't McVeigh sound just like a tea partier? Just like them, he was trying to save his country from the government. In the end he was just another terrorist killing children to further his agenda.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Could they have picked a better time to air this?

Maybe this would get MSNBC more than 6 viewers?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think there's no doubt that McVeigh saw himself as a patriot.

I'm just really tired of feeling manipulated by the media, or like they are attempting to manipulate me.

The biggest thing about the McVeigh tapes, to hit me in the face was just THE TIMING.

I was hoping someone around knew who the other journalist was that he picked to give his story to.

Why Rachael Maddow? She's VERY liberal, IMO. Why would McVeigh choose HER?
A lot about it doesn't make any sense to me, unless it is just more propaganda.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I was hoping someone around knew who the other journalist was that he picked to give his story to.

Maybe Lou Michel. He interviewed McVeigh for a book. Terror on Trial I think it was.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I was going to post this thread and found yours in my search.

Originally posted by hadriana
"People that take militant action against the govt. are evil sociopaths" I dunno - but that's just the way it came across.

I'm positive Rachel has a strategy to make the tea partiers sound like Timothy McVeigh. To tell you the truth, I don't need her to make the association between the violent tea partiers and McVeigh. I've already come to that conclusion on my own. There are "Timothy McVeigh Wannabes" out there. And some are tea party members, I'm sure. Check out this thread:

Timothy McVeigh Deserves a Statue of Honor

Creepy.

Why NOW?

Because Monday is the 15th "anniversary" of the Ok City bombing.

Anyway, I wavered on whether or not to watch this because I'm almost afraid to hear how much what he says sounds like some of the stuff we're hearing today, but in the end, my husband and I have decided to watch.

I agree with you about being manipulated by the media. We can't just relax and watch and believe everything we see. We need to go in with a skeptical, but open mind.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If McVeigh was such a hater of the status quo and the totalitarian aggression of the US Government, why did he not take the stand and project his allegations?

Why were two UNEXPLODED bombs removed from the building?

Why was the government offices that were the "supposed" targets of McVeigh empty at the time of the detonation?

Sometimes BH, you sound exactly like someone that does not want the truth, more like someone that wants to propagate the projected disinformation.

Why dig for the truth, when one can except the historical record created to bypass the questions?

Like how you PURPOSEFULLY tried to tie in the LIES that our government propagates that ANYONE dissatisfied with our government are TERRORISTS.

NICE WORK!

edit to add your comment-

I'm positive Rachel has a strategy to make the tea partiers sound like Timothy McVeigh. To tell you the truth, I don't need her to make the association between the violent tea partiers and McVeigh. I've already come to that conclusion on my own. There are "Timothy McVeigh Wannabes" out there. And some are tea party members, I'm sure.

Some are following the yellow brick road quite well. Just give some of the ignorant a few bread crumbs and they will follow the beast anywhere.

[edit on 4/20/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If McVeigh was such a hater of the status quo and the totalitarian aggression of the US Government, why did he not take the stand and project his allegations?

Are you asking ME to explain the motives and actions of a psychopath? Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have these answers.

Like how you PURPOSEFULLY tried to tie in the LIES that our government propagates that ANYONE dissatisfied with our government are TERRORISTS.

I didn't say that at all. You're putting words in my mouth and then disagreeing with them.
But that's how you do it, I know.

new topics

top topics

join