It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona passes strict illegal immigration act

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

"you CAN NOT APPLY FOR ANYTHING SOCIAL without a proper birth certificate ... but you can pay into it all day long!!! and all those workers are paying into it, I have my pay stubs to prove it."

One baby born here and the illegals get whatever they need.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

OK then now we are telling a more accurate truth! they have children that ARE AMERICAN BORN, they are entitled to social services, so if that's the problem then again the politicians are the problem make it so children born on American soil aren't Americans, ohhhh wait, that would eliminate a lot of other true bloods wouldn't it...... yeh your pretty much screwed.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Here is some good commentary on the Arizona problem.

Colbert Report

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
anchor babies... huge loop hole in immigration policy.. america is screwed.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Gotta re-think that whole anchor baby thing, doesn't that kinda make and I mean MOST Americans ANCHOR BABIES...... better check your heritage true bloods!

I bet you find a little shenanigans in your history.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
No, America isn't screwed. The answer is simple. Split the families up.

The anchor babies can stay but their illegal family members have to go back to Mexico and apply for citizenship just like everyone else who wants to be an American citizen.

Yep, that sounds cruel and heartless, but you know what? That's exactly what this mess calls for - a swift kick in the a$$.

Illegal immigrants are the ones gambling with their own families that America is too soft to enforce their own immigration laws. If America shows that it WILL, in fact, enforce that type of separation and enforce our immigration laws then more illegals will think twice about coming over here and having children on American soil, knowing that they will most-likely be separated from their children some time in the future.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm surprised that on this site nobody understands. doesn't anybody get it!?? the USA does NOT want to control the border!! do you understand this! blame all the Mexicans and Illegals for everything but the USA for decades has had this problem and refuse to do anything about it. Dont you think we have enough Knowledge, troops, technology and military power to control the border. of course we do but we refuse to. so complain all you want the border will NEVER be secure because thats how the USA wants it. you think after 911 it would have tighten up security but its only happen to American citizens not at the border but we are to stupid to understand. wake up people!

[edit on 23-4-2010 by DAV25]

[edit on 23-4-2010 by DAV25]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Usually, I would say thank God I live in Texas. However, I can't in regards to immigration. As a white male in my late 20's, my voice doesn't count for much anymore...in fact, my voice is generally deemed "racist" or "bigoted" when talking about illegal immigration problems (namely the crime and the nonconformity aspects). I think there is nothing wrong with the statute initiated in Arizona. The drug war is literally on our back porch and the cartels have put literal bounties on American law enforcement. I can't understand why the all-powerful federal government doesn't view this as a potential threat. Instead, we ship our men and women across the globe to fight a war that we can't win (you can't kill an ideal). It is my belief that Premier Obama and his comrades are afraid to put troops into action along the U.S./Mexican border for fear that American citizens may be caught in the crossfire...which can't be happening now, right?

Are Americans Really Being Killed In Mexico?

I realize that the bleeding heart "but didn't your relatives come over here illegally?" constituent is out there licking their collective chops over this law. I would think it's safe to say that the ACLU, ADL, SPLC and other terroristic hate organizations of that ilk are filing suit against the state. I just think feel that illegals don't deserve the same rights and privileges that we have. Not that it matters, the venerable Premier will institute amnesty soon enough which would deify him among the 23 million or so illegal (Mexican and non-Mexican).

By the way, when did calling someone "Mexican" become hate-speech? If someone calls me American, I don't get whiny.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted or not but Obama is calling the measures "misguided" and calling for the justice department to look into the legality of the law.

Obama says law "misguided"

Being "illegal" himself, of course he's going to step up to the plate for every other "illegal" in this country.

[edit on 23/4/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Illegal immigration in this country needs to be dealt with swiftly and aggressively. This country has been invaded by illegals gaining access to American territory in MASSIVE amounts daily for a VERY long time now. The time is PAST DUE for authorities to rectify the problem with an aggressive approach to stop these crimes. We need to combat this CRIMINAL ACTIVITY and prevent illegals the ability to mooch off a system to which LEGAL citizens have PAID into by BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS.

This country is currently in poor economic shape, and it MUST rid itself of those illegally eating the fruits of our system by those whom have not EARNED it. Strict, aggressive, and swift actions are PAST DUE.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
MAJOR IMPORTANT UPDATE:

THIS BILL WAS SIGNED INTO LAW TODAY:

www.bizjournals.com...

About fricken time SOMEONE did SOMETHING to stop this madness!

I need to move to Arizona. Only people with any sense in this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yep I gotta give it to you guys, when your wrong your right.

I love a good car crash ......... and you know when they get to the scene and ask you what happened, be sure and tell them you had the right of way!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Gotta re-think that whole anchor baby thing, doesn't that kinda make and I mean MOST Americans ANCHOR BABIES...... better check your heritage true bloods!

I bet you find a little shenanigans in your history.

I'm French/Irish and Indian.
Every one of my ancestors came here legally or were already here.

To be a a citizen just because their parents broke the law to get here is ridiculous. We have laws for a reason. You see, we don't appreciate people being gunned down in our neighborhoods or gang members, or thieves, or pedophiles. If you come here legally, you have your background checked. And open borders, yeah let's keep allowing millions of people to just waltz in and steal identities, use false documentations and get jobs. I'm sure the millions of unemployed people that are here legally will love that. Oh and hey, my french Grandma learned English! Imagine that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join