It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona passes strict illegal immigration act

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
This is just a knee jerk reaction.

And it's the same stupid fears that keep fueling this.
omg they are taking our jobs.

Honestly no illegal immigrant with poor skills and no school education is going to come over and steal a job you'd even consider applying for.
If you believe in this taking our jobs lie then I have some land in the everglades i'd like to sell you.

That is a complete lie. They arn't just taking jobs that citizens won't do. I have seen illegals hired before a legal citizen where I used to work. The company was well aware that they were illegals and didn't have to pay them the wages they paid legal citizens. Still, they made better wages than minumum wage.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I know im going to get flamed. I live in Arizona and i know how tough the problem can be.

Living 30 minutes away from the border i see these things:

!.Mexican campsites from there journey here. I mean TRASH, and TONS of it. I see backpacks strewn throughout the desert. Filled with clothes food and colonge. I once found a site by the San Pedro river near the ghostown Charleston. Literally like 50 back packs all in one area.

2. Friend of mine let them get water at his ranch. They then requested a ride. He said "No" The illegal pulled a knife and said "Well we are going to take it" (he knew english). My freind reached behind his door and presented a double barrel sawed off.

They didnt want the truck anymore. It would have been classic if he would have responded; "Ok We'll walk".

3. Dead bodies in the desert, bails of pot in the desert.

4. Border patrol asking me if "i am" legal. Gimme a break i mean really. We get harassed by the whole lot of them. And they think they are some kind of super cop. Allthought there are good apples, a lot of them are just punks with badges having an authority complex.
Another friend of mine was running a convoy for the military. Got rolled and was asked his imigration status. "He said " I'm with the US military what do you think, i am in a convoy."
The officer responded by releasing the thumb brake on his pistol while my buddy had a 50. cal on top of the hummer aimed right at him.

What i find a little difficult is if my great grandparents didnt come over here on a boat to Ellis Island.. Than i wouldnt be a citizen either. Why cant they get this chance.

Anyways, its a tough call arguments on BOTH sides are very valid.
I live in the warzone and yet i am still on the fence about this one.

And no i dont care about cheap labor.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The intention is good.

However, we have to worry about whether or not this will cause the deportation or arrest of people who are here legally for various reasons.

Law has always been a double edged sword. It can be used for good and for bad.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I see all kinds of trouble.

Please describe an American as opposed to an Illegal alien.

It is way to simplistic to just say Hispanic profiling. This type of thinking goes bad real quick. Hey, the Nuremberg Laws were popular with the Germans...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
I see all kinds of trouble.

Please describe an American as opposed to an Illegal alien.

It is way to simplistic to just say Hispanic profiling. This type of thinking goes bad real quick. Hey, the Nuremberg Laws were popular with the Germans...

????

Is it a trick question?

Not all illegal aliens are Hispanic. In fact, I live in a University town with a whole lot of "Expired Student Visa's" and none of them are Hispanic?

Also, Mexicans and Canadians and others are "Americans."

We are talking about "U.S. Citizens" as opposed to "illegal aliens within the United States." So, I guess I describe a U. S. Citizen as one who has obtained citizenship status within the United States by any one of the variety of ways that it is obtainable. Illegal Aliens are not U. S. Citizens, and they are not in possession of a valid U.S. Visa, or any other permissable document that gives the access to the country, but they are still within the bounds of the country via "illegal" means.

Hows that? I can be more technical if you like.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sure... you can trust the Gov't, just ask an Indian....

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I will keep you all informed of the mad jan brewer episode... this is really exciting

[edit on 14-4-2010 by maddogron]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by maddogron]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is now going to turn into...

"We aren't profiling hispanics, that's you saying that"
"We just want to deport illegals in border states, where it's hispanic racism"

"So we're going to use criteria of what a hispanic stereotypically is, but we aren't going after hispanics. just illegals"

save your roundabout for someone with an IQ

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This bill is a step in the right direction and should be expanded to the rest of the country. What we really need is another Operation Wetback. This was a 1954 operation by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) to remove about one million illegal immigrants from the southwestern United States, focusing on Mexican nationals. Today it's not one million illegals, it's more like 25 million illegals.

Secure our borders!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Our borders should have been controlled a long time ago. To just let anyone waltz in without a background check is obserd.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Finally an anti-illegal immigration state law. Seems that federal law is being ignored, the states have a right to determine what to do. Illegals are already putting strain on limited resources. The other day i was driving in a city (wont say which) and came across a predominately Hispanic part of town. At the light were three pregnant Hispanic women, no it wasn't in front of a lamaz class, it was just a plain intersection. And I'm thinking to myself, wtf they are brining kids into this world with minimal finances and our taxes have to pay for this crap. Good for the lawmakers, send them all back.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Just be glad you don't have an idiot running the show that locks up illegals for a few months, gives them access to recreation, internet, good food and safety and when they've finished complaining about how bad we are, they are then let out, given welfare and housing and considered legal.

Not allowed to consider ill of them then. That's racist and ignorant you see...

Oh but they can still resent us. Oh yes indeed. And don't say they can't because that's racist and ignorant. And if you get sick of them terrorising your neighbourhood, only the racists and the ignorant would ever react.

Can I move over there? Sounds like you guys know what's going on..

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsAgentScully
reply to post by getreadyalready

Exactly.
I can't go to a country like France and declare myself the right to their health care and other things guaranteed to citizens, because i am not a French citizen.

Awhile back there was a real problem with Americans showing up at Canadian hospitals to get free health care -- and often enough they got it. Now our health cards have pictures on them and are hard to fake; so the problem is solved; at least for now.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Not allowed to consider ill of them then. That's racist and ignorant you see...

No racist and ignorant would be that horribly inaccurate description you painted there, based entirely out of television land and your own imagination without any real life mixed in.

It's also the fact that you blatantly overuse ignorant stereotypes.

And then lump EVERYONE into those stereotypes.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It has begun.

NEWS

shuttle van raids

cheers

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
This is just a knee jerk reaction.

Honestly no illegal immigrant with poor skills and no school education is going to come over and steal a job you'd even consider applying for.

You don't know the lousy jobs I work.
I have had illegal aliens compete with me directly.
I guess you mean it's not a real problem if it doesn't affect members of your social class.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

I've worked some doozies myself. I did enjoy my last job though it payed a lot more than minumum wage for a factory job. Illegals were there too. I saw well qualified citizens turned away in favor of hispanic people. Though we had a mix of whites, asians, africans and hispanics, the hispanics well out numbered the rest of us.

Some of us had friends that had families to feed and were turned away in favor of illegals.
Our neighborhoods have changed drastically with hispanic names in the newspapers all the time for thefts, shootings, murders, pedophiles. This is not the way we live here and we don't appreciate undocumented folks who just waltz in and do as they please with no regard to others. It's pretty bad when you can't feel safe in your own neighborhood.

Those who are not affected do not and will not understand. Instead they call us racist or heartless or whatever else they deem necessary.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

While this may seem like a really cool thing for you true bloods, I think you will shortly find yourself in a "ARIZONA DETROIT" look alike, those pesky illegals are contributing 27 BILLION a year to the economy, and as broke as Arizona is now wait till the rest of all those greenbacks stops rolling in ILLEGALLY!!!

If I have said it once I have said it a million times the Mexicans are NOT THE PROBLEM, the politicians are!!

But sometimes ya just gotta let people run off the cliff despite themselves. but no worry you'll find a new villain when the Mexicans are gone.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
Reply to post by mryanbrown

Yup, no one gets harmed by a leech living off untaxed income but using all the public services for free and collecting welfare without ever putting money into it. There's no loss there either. Nope nothing to see here. Move along.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

don't say things like that .... besides being 100% UNTRUE it is a poor argument but hell it sounded good huh?

you CAN NOT APPLY FOR ANYTHING SOCIAL without a proper birth certificate ... but you can pay into it all day long!!! and all those workers are paying into it, I have my pay stubs to prove it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
...those pesky illegals are contributing 27 BILLION a year to the economy...

No, those pesky illegals are contributing to the ill-gotten wealth of traitor and criminal Americans who sold us out to hire the illegals for the once almighty dollar. No wonder the dollar ain't so mighty anymore.

And to add insult to injury, they are sending a huge portion on average of the money they make back to Mexico. And it's not just the Mexican illegals doing that either.

Just sit back and shut up America, and acknowledge your new slavemasters.

[edit on Fri Apr 23rd 2010 by TrueAmerican]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join