It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infowars Reader Harassed By Cops Over “Militia” Fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

An Infowars reader was stopped and harassed by Kansas Highway police on Thursday night for the crime of displaying political bumper stickers, with cops expressing fears of affiliations with “militia groups,” another frightening example of how police are being trained to treat any form of peaceful dissent as a sign of domestic terror.

Following the recent Hutaree militia raids, which were prompted after an FBI agent infiltrated the group and apparently got them to make vaguely violent statements, establishment propaganda has reached fever pitch with the manufactured threat such groups supposedly pose being hyped beyond all proportion in an effort to demonize all legitimate political dissent against big government as a sign of extremism.

“At 1:07am this morning, my daughter was traveling from Oklahoma to our house for an overnight visit with her two children,” writes Chris Harbert. “She has numerous bumper stickers on her car. There were two who seemed to catch the attention of a Kansas Highway Patrolman. One says that 911 was an inside job. The other says Live Free or Die. Both stickers were from infowars. The patrolman pulled her over and apparently asked for her DL and insurance.”

The is how the world is. I wanna hear your views. As usual I do not want 50 comments saying "Alex Jones is CIA" or something. This has NOTHING to do with Alex Jones so I wanna hear about him. Talk about the article. Be on topic please. I want your inputs.

**My take
This makes me mad. The Militia are our friends. The Militia are YOU and I. We are the Militia. They were made to protect the USA and Constitution.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Pretty maddening. Everyone needs to get a video camera and recorder device and start recording these and getting them on the internet post haste.

The good news is the more they pull this crap the more people will wake up to what really going on.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

Everytime i hear stories such as this, i feel great shame for this country and its law enforcers. I recently read about a Texas family where the parents were considered "unfit" to be parents for teaching their children to mistrust our government. This is getting so far out of hand, but we must not remain silent. The more this happens, and the more it gets heard by the people, whether we may be considered extremists and even serve some jail time, i believe it will eventually open more eyes and minds to the truth about this country. S&F

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
If you folks have not read the MIAC, you might get a kick out of the way all the "discredited" stuff in there is a pattern and blueprint for all that is currently being carried out by LE and others.
The news reported an apology, and said the document was a mistake, blahdie-blah. They lied. They are following it like a recipe.
According to this disgusting piece of divisive propaganda, anti-government propaganda such as pictures, cartoons, and bumper stickers are commonly displayed by "militiamambers" and "terists."
Did it scare me? Yep, I love bumper stickers but I can't survive any fines or trouble so mine are gone. I battle in other venues. Best of Luck to you.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
When we choose to express ourselves in public, we may be "held accountable" by those withnin earshot (so to speak). It happens - my personal policy of no bumper stickers alleviates the problem. Yes I'm limiting my public expression, but I don't consider it self censorship - it's self protection. This has been happening since the 1960s in some (my) areas of the country. It's not right, it can be maddening, it's used to profile drivers for stops and it reinforces one of my basic quidelines: don't give anyone a reason to question you - everybody has the opportunity to take offense at a posted message - and we shouldn't expect this sort of treatment from our police. We are all human and should behave better in our society.

gj

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Are we sure this Daughter was telling the exact reason she was pulled over? Was she speeding, swaying, talking on the cell phone while driving (offense in some states, though it should be all states). I only ask the above statement because you state the time she was pulled over 1:07 AM.

For a Hwy patrol to pull your daughter over just because of her freedom of expression is highly unbelievable for me, especially at that time when visibility will be very low.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well it's not pretty but it's true...

It only takes one idiot to ruin the whole party.

new topics

top topics

join