It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man sues church for protesting funeral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well Folks, looks like Westboro Baptist church is at it again. But this time, they are being sued...Like what should have happened a long time ago.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Honestly, does anyone like these people...really?

Its a terrible thing to protest the death of anyone let alone a Soldier of our country. This church has been at this for some time and it makes me sick.

If you dont know about them here is their website.

www.godhatesfags.com...

Thoughts, opinions?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Aww how cute!

It has a counter telling me how many people have gone to hell!

Cause that's what christianity is about, hell! hell! hell!! nothing else, just focus on people burning in sulfur for all of eternity because! GASP! Their humans!!!!3

Are you associated with a militia, Aryan Nation, Nazi, KKK, or any other similar group?

No. We don't believe in physical violence of any kind, and the Scripture doesn't support racism. God never says "thou shalt not be black." However, He does say, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." (Leviticus 18:22).

The only true Nazis in this world are fags. They want to force you by law to support their filth, and they want to shut you up by law when they hate what you say. They would be perfectly happy to make it a crime to preach that "God hates fags" under the guise of "hate speech legislation."

Likewise, baby-killers support the genocide of millions of babies, and then act indignant that Hitler killed millions of Jews. Baby-killers are responsible for more murder and blood-shed than Hitler and his Nazi party ever dreamed. See The Pink Swastika by Scott Lively and Kevin Abrams.

This is the mindset of an idiot.

www.godhatesfags.com...

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Republican08]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm agnostic myself, but if there is a hell then those people from Westboro Baptist Church are gonna get a shock when they die!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Finally, someone with enough cahoonas to tell these hateful, arrogant, racist, pos to finally get gone. I mean really, enough is enough. Baptists as a whole despise this group and want no involvement with them. This is the radical sect that is Baptist Extremitism defined.

I want to find out when their funerals are and bring together a multi enthinical, multi denominational group together to protest them. Let us see how they like that. With signs that read like "God Loves All", "God hates evil people".

Why hasn't the US Dept Of Defense infiltrated and raided these idiots by now? I mean seriously. Why hasn't the City Council of Westboro, Kansas said or did anything about this by now either? Where hasn't Topeka said anything yet?

I am Holy Roman Catholic and find this to be flat out digusting what they do. I don't care your political persuasion, sexual orientation, religious denomination, or nation of allegiance of the recently deceased and/or their family no one should ever have their funeral protested as that is disturbing the sanctity of the closing of the final chapter of your life which.

How hurtful and hateful can one be? Imagine attending your kids funeral (might I add is hard enough) to hear these morons spouting hate.

Remember 43's "Free Speech Zone" of approximately 1,325 feet out from him, can we get that to apply to soldiers funerals?

[edit on 14-4-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Aww how cute!

It has a counter telling me how many people have gone to hell!

Cause that's what christianity is about, hell! hell! hell!! nothing else, just focus on people burning in sulfur for all of eternity because! GASP! Their humans!!!!3

QUOTE TRUNCATED

This is the mindset of an idiot.

www.godhatesfags.com...

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Republican08]

I agree REP08! I am glad we find something to agree on.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hey All,
this caught my eye...

"God never says "thou shalt not be black." However, He does say, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." (Leviticus 18:22)."

God ...didn't write the bible... Pushy, self righteous people wrote the bible.
Just another group of idiots trying to bring back the dark ages, who are willing to interpret their book in any way that seems to fit their agenda.

..Ex

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
For the first time ever I am in complete agreement with you all. I don't condone violence, but man I am I tempted to. Everytime I see these dispicable people protesting a soldier's funeral, I get so angry I have to get on my motorcycle and ride for a few hours until I calm down.

They are not even a church. The congregation is made up of the mainly family members so the IRS needs to jerk their tax exempt status and then audit them for the past 25 years for back taxes owed.

I'm not religious, but man I hope if there's a hell, there's a special level rerserved for these people.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Its good to agree with so many people about something that is mostly a one sided argument.

The most despicable thing about this is the shear amount of media coverage that these people get in comparison to the rest of well...Christianity as a whole. They are secular, they are extreme, and the world would be a much better place if they shut the hell up.

I remember when they came to protest a funeral near where i live, a local gang of bikers got in between the funeral and them and while them and kept reving up their engines so the funeral couldnt hear the protestors. That is one small incident on the whole. These people are an abomination to organized religion world wide.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
God doesn't hate gays.... some people hate gays....
IMO

QueenBob

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
People of the type involved with praising the death of a soldier are not truly related to any religion, church, or any other legitimate organization. They are simply people with mental problems who want to receive attention. It is sad that our media sources continue to allow them to continue their campaign by providing the very attention they so desperately are seeking.

top topics

join