It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy kills dad with sledgehammer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Boy kills dad with sledgehammer after banned from playing computer games

A 14-YEAR-OLD boy in southern Russia has been charged with killing his father with a sledgehammer after his parents tried to stop him from playing computer games.
www.news.com.au...
what a world we live in some of us are worse then animals at least they kill to survive but he killed to play video games

[edit on 13-4-2010 by CYRAX]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
That kid is old enough. He needs to be tried as a teen... or maybe even an adult. But yeah he's 14. old enough

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is our world coming to?????? reminds me of Republican08's thread "what is wrong with the youth?"

this kid needs to be tried as an adult in the court of law.

and yet some people claim that violent video games have no effect on the person playing them!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Another tragedy "caused" by video games. Let's just ignore all the other variables and agree that violent video games are responsible for this man's death. I mean really, what other reasons could there be?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ok, I read the headline and I thought 'sexual abuse' and was like, oh well, you shouldnt sexually abuse your kids or this wouldn't have happened. But video games? I dont care that he's 14, try this piece of crap as an adult and kill him. A sledgehammer, thats about as personal as a killing can get. Who the hell does he think he is to kill someone, especially his father and in this manner. He can fry.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
Ok, I read the headline and I thought 'sexual abuse' and was like, oh well, you shouldnt sexually abuse your kids or this wouldn't have happened. But video games? I dont care that he's 14, try this piece of crap as an adult and kill him. A sledgehammer, thats about as personal as a killing can get. Who the hell does he think he is to kill someone, especially his father and in this manner. He can fry.

You don't care that he is 14? He is NOT an adult, he is barely a teenager, and thus does not deserve to be punished as an adult. What about the young teenage girl that strangled her mother to death a few months back? Should she also fry? That was rather personal too...

Of course he deserves to be punished, all I am saying is that his age SHOULD be taken into consideration because he is still a minor. But why was it necessary to mention that being banned from playing video games is what led to this tragedy?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Ok, he's 14, he is young. But, he knows what he did. He knows that bludgeoning someone to death with a sledgehammer is not ok. He is old enough to understand what death is. He's a horrible murderer. He's not a 'legal' adult. 18 is an age that we as a society have placed as becoming an adult.

He committed a crime where age shouldnt be able to save you. He should be smashed to death with a sledgehammer. It's only fair.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
all i can think of what kinda rage was instilled in this young soul, was it the video games or is there more to this ?

alot of us are subjected to hardships be it a parent or others at school or dare i say video games, i find it hard to belive video games soften us up to brutal personal killings.

now that i think about it there is some f,ed up things that people say or type on video games, i dont know im just thinking out loud. maybe this is a combo of things?

beings tend to let things build and build till we build our selfs out of rational thought.

i know we do

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

Originally posted by LocoHombre
reply to post by CYRAX

and yet some people claim that violent video games have no effect on the person playing them!!!!!!!!!!!

This incident does not prove that violent video games have any effect on the person playing them. It proves that the 14 year old in question had an unhealthy addiction to something, that "something" being a video game.

Replace the video game with anything else that someone can become addicted to (which can be anything) and this kid still would have taken some action to be able to get his fix. His father was an impediment, and he took the impediment away so he could continue his addiction.

I have played violent video games all my life. I have yet to kill a human being. Something must be wrong with me right?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
what i dont understand is how he could keep on playing the game after he just killed his dad like it was nothing brainwashing maybe?
like this case Dnepropetrovsk maniacs
en.wikipedia.org...
how can the human soul act like this

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think its more than video games that caused this tragedy. Ive played violent video games for over a decade now, and it hasnt led me to have thoughts about killing anybody. Something is wrong in the head of that kid.

And as for the Dnepropetrovsk kids that killed 21 people and only got 9 years.....thats complete BS. If anyone has ever seen the videos of what they did to those people...you would agree that 9 years was far to lenient.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Want reasons ? What about - look around. The world is a machine. there is nothing out there !
That boy - felt he was denied his freedom. Yes - he was naive, did not know much, and video games are not real freedom.
When you deny freedom - expect anything. Do you want not to have the problem of your kid play too much on the computer ? Put him in an environment where he can play outside, each day, until the sunset. With friends. If you can still find something like that.

Some kids - obey, kill their inner feelings and become the machines the adults want. Some - see above. Very rare indeed. The problem is giant. It's not something isolated. Why all the teen suicides ? "Crazy emo kids, they have all they want yet some kill themselves". Ya sure...
People want - community and freedom. Not bosses and possessions.

A real society, not this bad joke:
Prisoner Exchange

The machine in our heads:
www.primitivism.com...

[edit on 14-4-2010 by pai mei]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

What?

Are you saying that if someone is denied their freedom of playing video games....then they are justified to kill someone with a sledgehammer?

He's friggin 14.....at that age I did what my parents told me.....i didnt attack them

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
hello ive read stuff like this before like the one about how a kid killed his mom becaus she took away his copy of halo 3
i do not think video games caused this kid t okill his dad maybe the sledgehammer was an idea he got from the game but the game didnt make him kill the man it was already in his head to kill his dad.
and its the dads fault for not being a good enough dad anyway it was the parents fault in the firstplace to allow this kid to play these games or play them for so long i personally blame the parents not the game

if you want to kill your own dad then there is a problem within the relationship itself no one goes around killing there loved ones for no reason

ive played violent videogames for a long time i play call of duty modern warfare 2 all the time ive played various command and conquer games, ive played the doom series ive played super columbine massacre(its a real game no joke) ive played manhunt ive played hitman ive played the gears of war series and ive played the halo series ive played devil may cry series ive played the final fantasy series, ive played halflife
ive watched videos and looked at pics on documenting reality, ive watched a plethora of violent movies ive seen a ton of forensic science shows and ive learned about all sorts of serial killers in psychology class

but i have NEVER had the desire to kill someone you cannot blame a game for a murder or you have to blame a religion and all who subscribe to it for a genocide,you have to blame an entire country and all who live in it for a war.

there was obviously problems this child has that are deeper than you can see in black and white

[edit on 14-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Same as me. But I had other stuff to do.
Not everyone is the same. You don't know how that boy grew up. Children used to be totally free. Now we have to mold them :

www.continuum-concept.org...

It only struck me after the fourth of my five expeditions that I had never seen a conflict either between two children or between a child and an adult. Not only did the children not hit one another, they did not even argue. They obeyed their elders instantly and cheerfully, and often carried babies around with them while playing or helping with the work.

Where were the "terrible twos"? Where were the tantrums, the struggle to "get their own way," the selfishness, the destructiveness and carelessness of their own safety that we call normal? Where was the nagging, the discipline, the "boundaries" needed to curb their contrariness? Where, indeed, was the adversarial relationship we take for granted between parent and child? Where was the blaming, the punishing, or for that matter, where was any sign of permissiveness?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I play a popular MMORPG game. Most people are relatively normal but evey once in a while you can spot someone like this boy. These type of people also tend to generate a lot of hate in game. Trust me its not the game its the person playing the game.
The article doesn't give very much information, like was the kid in therapy, on any medications? Many mental illness appear around that age.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Truly I believe the kid needs to be examined for psychological problems.
Of course he does.
Then go from there.
That he went right back to playing is a pretty good indication he's too removed from reality to get the 'big picture'.

The teen in the article reminds me of this kid.

Truly, truly disturbing. And this is no joke.

ugh.

I was going to post a video but something's changed in coding.

NOTE: Anyone know how to get the code from YouTube now?

Thanks

At least here's a url.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-4-2010 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

how in the world is it the parents fault did the parents teach the kid if you dont get what you want kill them? come on this kid is not normal and deserves a lifetime sentence i have no remorse for people like him

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CYRAX

im not saying they taught him that yeah the bastard should fry but i still blame the parents for what they DIDNT teach him. i think thats a better statement my bad

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I find it a little ironic that a person by the name of cyrax posted something about violent videogames

top topics

<<   2 >>

join