It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night vision goggles and UFO's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Im surprised more people havent posed about this sooner!
So why havent all of those people that got the Expensive CoD MW2 havent gone out with the NV goggles they got lol

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

"Thanks for that info Is a euro NVS easier to get in than the american stuff?"

it depends. if you can locate a euro company that sells night vision gear, then it would be more convenient of course. however, since i live in the u.s., i have not attempted to look for euro resellers. regardless, your best bet is to try and ask them for their best spec'd units. as an example, atn sells various night vision devices. their better spec'd units are labeled as "alpha" units. those are hand-picked by atn as having less blemishes/sub-par optics. ask the resellers which ones they recommend for the best deals. the staff is oftentimes very helpful.

"I also see hints of a combined thermal imaging and G3 NVS tube.... do you know of any? Could be something to wait for if they are cutting edge currently."

yes, these are relatively new. again, atn has some of these available for consumers. many other companies unfortunately, require you to be a government agent or be a member of the military in order for you to purchase these. these are indeed great devices, but they are not made for the typical consumer.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by howie82788

one of the main reasons that this isn't done so much in regards to ufo hunting is because night vision devices cost a lot of money for your average consumer. not that many people are willing to spend anywhere from $2000 and up just to look at the night sky for ufos.

also, i learned this until i spent some time with these devices for this purpose, you won't see ufos or other random objects very often unless you're outside for hours at a time. it takes time, patience, dedication, and lots of effort to use them for this purpose. when you do catch something though, it is a great feeling to then share it with others. that's part of the reason why i do it.

<< 1   >>

join