It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special army unit ready to be deployed on American soil just before Nov. elections

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

The derogatory cadences havn't been in use since the early 1980s.
There were bans put into effect at that time.

I wouldn't blame the cadences.

I would blame a lack of self descipline, testosterone, and an aggressive environment. Women havn't been the only victims either.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Awory

I think your absolutely right.

We would go crazy if we didn't have gallows humor.

We are not mindless robots or killing machines. We have psychological needs just like everyone else.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is nonsense... I remember back before Bush's 2nd term we heard the same warnings of troops being ready for riot control, and the possibility of Bush suspending the elections and all that nonsense. Well nothing came of it. I'm not saying that these troops aren't "on-call" and ready to go but the reality of them actually being used?... Doubtful.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
reply to post by IandEye

It seems every time they plan a false flag they move assets into place ahead of time. This may just be what this is.

Caution Tyranny is Here!

What's the point of a false flag operation if your assets are being reported in the media?

This unit made CNN in 2008. It's not new.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I agree with ya... I wasn't blaming the cadence lyrics... simply saying that they do not help.
The issue was brought up (in a recent article) by an Army Counselor as a potential contributing factor in a discussion with regards to the rising violence against US military women in Iraq/ Afghanistan. I'll dig up the article if necessary (didn't initially because I don't want to derail the thread.)

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

I agree, but if you watch videos of the riots in Prague in 1968, you can see how a pedestrian with a molotov cocktail can take out a tank, almost easily.

Its the air raids i would worry about

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Reply to post by schrodingers dog

I enjoy this site for the good science posts backed up with facts and sources(not the photoshopped mars pictures the same people fall for everyday).

Could you point me to an ATS thread that's sourced and backed up with facts? That would be new to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The simply fact is since Katrina there has been an upswing in how often the US Military is used to curb civil behavior. The minute it stops being a civil action and the military becomes involved in domestic affairs out country becomes something other than a representative republic.

Someof the states that are filing suit because of the healthcare bill need to put together a state military option filed under the category of Police Dept SRT. Obama and Pilosi are taking away your civil rights, W began it with the patriot act. Next thing you know they'll reinstitute Roodevelt's Espionage act.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

The Abrams tanks wouldn't be so easy to take out with a molotov.

As soon as the person lit it, they would would light up on the TIS, thermal imaging system.

Lighting a molotov, would be a one way ticket to the ER if they survive the hail of fire from the coax machine gun. They better hope the TC doesn't light them up with the .50. Most people don't usually survive that. Pops people like balloons of sloppy joe.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
First, the entire 3rd ID doesn't have 80,000 troops.

Second, a Brigade is unlikely to have more than 3-4,000 troops, even when acting as a "heavy."

Third, if you wanted to control an operation like that, you wouldn't gather 80,000 people together because of the TREMENDOUS amount of attention that would inherently generate.

Any such real operations will be from within standard military units, with selected personnel, rather than in massive accumulations of troops.

I would definitely agree with the b.s. meter being called above.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
The simply fact is since Katrina there has been an upswing in how often the US Military is used to curb civil behavior. The minute it stops being a civil action and the military becomes involved in domestic affairs out country becomes something other than a representative republic.

Citation needed.

If it's a "simple fact," then I'm sure you can provide scads of evidence (from reputable sources - ones that don't get burned on hoaxes every day) to back that up.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
Even if, and I use if, the military is deployed state side to prevent uprising, do you really think we are going to just start shooting everyone? We are Americans too. We have family, friends, loved ones, and love the American way of life.

It is a crazy thought to think that there is some plan to rise up against the people of the US when we are the one and the same. That same finger can be pointed back at you, with threatening talk against me.

I am sure you and most US soldiers are fine men and will not fire
on the citizens, but all it takes is one amongst you who is scared
to make a mistake.

In line with that statement I offer you "four dead in ohio".

Kent State shootings

Accidents happen, but if the ppl are on edge the over reaction
could be a disaster.

I hope it doesn't go that way.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Dynamitrios

The Abrams tanks wouldn't be so easy to take out with a molotov.

As soon as the person lit it, they would would light up on the TIS, thermal imaging system.

Lighting a molotov, would be a one way ticket to the ER if they survive the hail of fire from the coax machine gun. They better hope the TC doesn't light them up with the .50. Most people don't usually survive that. Pops people like balloons of sloppy joe.

You do not have to light the molotov when you toss it at a tank,
the VERY hot exhaust will take care of that issue for you.

Some of the US tanks in Iraq were burnt in this manner.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
First, the entire 3rd ID doesn't have 80,000 troops.

Second, a Brigade is unlikely to have more than 3-4,000 troops, even when acting as a "heavy."

Good point.

The typical NATO brigade consists of approximately 4,000 to 5,000 troops.

A division is 10,000-15,000.

A field army starts at 80,000.

It would help if these breathless "breaking news" reports (which are neither "breaking" nor "news" events) had the slightest expertise or knowledge.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The cocktail would be questionable at best to use against a tank, at least now a days. Sure, back in good ol WWII, when you had more or less open slits and engines, it might do some damage. Now though? An Abrams is able to survive in a NBC/CBRN environment. The fuel of the cocktail would burn out before it did anything serious.

Best way to stop a tank? Go into a muddy area with lots of rocks and trees. Make it drive around, and hope it throws a track. Tanks, even modern ones, are subject to breakdowns after a good, long drive of even 100 miles on a road. Typically, the are driven into battle on the back of a trailer, off loaded, fight, and go right back on the trailer.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
There is a reason why the founders forbade standing armies in the constitution. We ignore it at our own peril. They violate it with impunity with Northcom!

This is correct, and look for it to go downhill from here.

Operation Garden Plot and Operation Northwoods shows the
level to which they are willing to lower themselves.

Garden Plot

Northwoods

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I don't like it because the truth of the matter is that the white men don't like a black president. That is true enough for me

I am sorry but that is nothing more than BS, and a red herring.... You people haven't realized by now why so many Americans don't like the current administration?... Are you living under some rock?....

Don't you understand that our very FREEDOMS are being taken away by the PROGRESSIVE administration?...

They have labeled EVERY true American and patriot as a "potential terrorist.....

They have labeled anyone who fears COMMUNISM, or fears a ONE WORLD ORDER, or doesn't like any of President Obama's policies, or anyone who doesn't like the assaults on the Second Amendment, and the rest of the Constitution by the administration are labeled as "potential terrorists".... Not to mention returning veterans, among other Americans which makes a MAYORITY of Americans have been labeled as "Potential terrorists" by this administration....

Not only is the "Progressive administraiton" helping destroy the Constitution of these United States, but also all the other RINOs (Republican in name only) who have given power to corporations, and deemed "corporations" the same rights as an individual...

How the heck is a corporation the same as an individual?....

Everyone, from both sides, and any other side of the political spectrum, who has helped implement laws, programs, and policies which are unConstitutional should be fired from their jobs, and never allowed to hold any kind of political power EVER.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

The special force, which is the new name being given to the 1st Brigade Combat Team of the 3rd Infantry, has been training at Fort Stewart, Georgia and is composed of 80,000 troops.

According to the Army Times,

Actual article the OP article references...

Originally posted by WWJFKD
www.army.mil...

Consequence Management Response Force to join Army Northern Command

WASHINGTON -- As America remembers the anniversary of the terrorist attacks of 9/11, more than 800 members of a joint response force are preparing for their new mission of responding to CBRNE, or chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosive incidents.

Elements of the force, known as the CBRNE Consequence Management Response Force, or CCMRF, assembled at Fort Stewart, Ga., Sept. 8-19 for a command post exercise called Vibrant Response.

Three brigades form the core of the force: the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart; the 1st Medical Brigade, Fort Hood, Texas; and the 82nd Combat Aviation Brigade, Fort Bragg, N.C.

ANYBODY NOTICE THE BS? A FEW EXTRA ZEROS ADDED?

And this a terrorist response team.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
No doubt this is named after John Ross's "Unintended Consequences".

That book is required reading for all patriots of the lawful Constitutional Republic.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blood Eagle
I do agree with the statement that damn near half the military support Obama, and the other half are dead-set against him.

I surprised more didn't comment on this quotes from the originally sourced material:

"To what extent would soldiers use deadly force during such 'civil unrest' should the Consequence Management Response Team be utilized? During the anti-war riots of the 1960s they killed student protesters. What about now?

The military source cited by the radio host today was asked this very question. He would merely say that the culture of the U.S. military is changing--half support Obama and the other half are dead-set against him.

His conclusion? There is no way to know for sure if they would obey an order to open fire on ordinary citizens."

At least someone else noticed. My bet as a vet, the top military commanders will stand up to TPTB and will not turn on the American citizens, en mass.

There may be a few incidents in the beginning, but as a whole we can only hope the top Military Commanders will stand by their oaths and put a halt to any attack on the American people acting within their Constitutional rights. Without the complete support of the enlisted troopers on the ground, air, and sea, the military would/could not move against the families of those they command.

Is there another General Smedley Butler out there? God, I hope so. He may be our only hope.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join