It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Kyrgyzstan on the brink of civil war"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sound's like Medvedev thinks this situation could get much worse than it currently is, and that it would result in a refugee exodus, that Russia does not wish to see happen...

**Snippet from original story here...

WASHINGTON, April 13 (Xinhua) -- Kyrgyzstan is on the brink of civil war, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev warned Tuesday, calling for officials in the central Asian country to avoid further bloodshed.

"I believe Kyrgyzstan is on the brink of civil war," Medvedev said during a speech at the U.S. think tank, the Brookings Institution.

"The risk of Kyrgyzstan breaking apart -- into the south and the north -- really exists," Medvedev said after Kyrgyzstan's ousted President Kurmanbek Bakiyev said he would resign if the interim government guarantees his security, the RIA Novosti news agency reported.

**Link to news story here...

news.xinhuanet.com...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Wait a minute.

I thought they had the civil war last week?

Did I just time travel or something. Nuts!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It was actually a revolution by the opposition which is mostly located in the capital and the northern part of the country. The southern part of the country was mostly pro-(?) the former president. So the south is not so happy about the new government.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Look's like POTUS plan's to move in here with kisses instead of deception... link below...

www.washingtonpost.com...

new topics

top topics

join