It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican drug cartels threaten U.S. Border Patrol Agents - place a bounty on their lives

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Ya know buddy I used to think that too...
but lately they have learned to work together

Debatable if this new found unification will last
but it is a scary thought these thugs becoming organized

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
As much as I love my Mexican friends....& hell, even a latina from time to time, people have to understand that this feels like war. The cartels declared war on Mexico, and they're winning. But they feel their multi-billion dollar business just isn't generate enough operating in Mexico & shipping to the US. They've decided it's time to push their territory into America herself.

If you've ever grew up in an inner-city area, or areas with a lot of gang activity, then you understand the concept of turf, & turf wars. & If you have, you know that these wars don't end until one side gives up, or one side is totally wiped out. We all know America isn't going to give up, and if you've studied the actions of cartels, they won't either. They can always hire more people to use as cannon fodder.

Something needs to be done, especially to protect out citizens that are risking their lives on that border. A border that honestly should be protected by our own army. Yes, the same army that got lost in a war years ago, & is still wasting away for no reason.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to rectify the situation, which makes me glad that I'm not a congressman or representative. All I know is that I support whatever the men & women manning that border feel they need to do to thrive & survive in the situation they have down there.

tl;dr: Wtf is up with the border, man?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice this from the AP release?

Mexico: drug violence has killed 22,700 since 2006

By E. EDUARDO CASTILLO (AP) – 1 day ago

MEXICO CITY — More than 22,700 people have been killed in Mexico's drug war since a U.S.-backed military crackdown on cartels began more than three years ago, according to a government report.

The report said 2009 was the deadliest year in the drug war, with 9,635 people killed in violence tied to organized crime. That compares to 2,837 in 2007, the first year of President Felipe Calderon's military-led offensive. ...

Notice the rise in deaths since " a U.S.-backed military crackdown on cartels began more than three years ago"? When the US stepped in to crack down, the death rate only rose considerably.

There are obviously more factors involved but the wording is almost a clue...what IS going on down there?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The government should start putting bounties on drug dealers, drug smugglers.

Make it a good bounty depending on the drug involved, tax free of course.
and make it so that it would not affect disability money the person might be getting. and no going to court where the drug people would be able to identify the bounty hunters and have there friends looking for the bounty hunters.

I know a number of disabled veterans that would love to supplement there small disability pensions by looking for and reporting these people.

And most of us veterans can defend our self with weapons if we have to.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Who the hell does meth? You don't even want to be around people who do that stuff

that stuff seriously lands you in jail or the psychiatric ward.

Unless you're solider fighting some world war...I would not touch the stuff

Plus you'll start being delusional and hallucinate and just go out of your mind

meth kills

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I don't buy the 250k bounty story at all. First of all who's going to collect the 250k? Maybe collect some bullets, but not 250k - no way Jose. Mexicans are tight with money (even the rich cats) and they surely aren't going to give away their hard earned drug proceeds that some of them died for - that's a load of political BS.

Border Agents are well armed, have the latest night vision scopes & cameras, SUV's, ATV's , UAV & Helicopter support. They don't want any militia getting in their way or being mistaken for smugglers, so forget that idea. Curious whatever happened to the minutemen deal? I suppose they could be considered militia.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to be a rancher in the border area now. You either tolerate them or you hire enough armed hands to protect yourself 24/7.

As far as the DEA - well like most cops they only want to go after users & other soft targets who fear them and don't shoot back.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by verylowfrequency]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join