It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican drug cartels threaten U.S. Border Patrol Agents - place a bounty on their lives

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Mexican drug cartels threaten U.S. Border Patrol Agents - place a bounty on their lives

www.exa miner.com

After a week marred with violence along the U.S./Mexico border sources admit the Mexican drug cartels have placed a $250 thousand bounty for the kidnapping or murder of Border Patrol Agents.

U.S. agents are taking the threat very seriously and say officers in the field should use extreme caution when approaching the border fence area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
www.kgun9.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The "Attack of the Clones"

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What's most worrying about this story is 250,000 per head is a lot of money... enough to bring would be bounty huntes from all over the world to our shores hoping to cash in

This story comes on the heels of a The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) warning to law enforcement officers in west Texas. Intel suggested that a hit order was placed on officers in El Paso and other Texas Border towns. Last weekend there was a bombing at the US embassy and just a few hours ago we got a confidential report stating the death toll has reached 22,700

in April US intelligence added more evidence that Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's Sinaloa cartel is winning Mexico's drug war...
Makes me wonder if the US might already be talking to "El Chapo" just in case he is the next Mexican Government???

www.exa miner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Can't Obama or the states mobilise the Milita to take care of this sort of thing?

I know it may sound a little extreme but I thought this was what the Milita was for. And with the national guards being usurped overseas shouldn't the task of civil defence legally fall to the Milita?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
Can't Obama or the states mobilise the Milita to take care of this sort of thing?

No...something like that idea makes too much sense for any politician.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I know it may sound a little extreme but I thought this was what the Milita was for. And with the national guards being usurped overseas shouldn't the task of civil defence legally fall to the Milita?

I hate to say it but they would just get in the way and endanger the lives of their members... It was Hand Grenades Tossed in the US Consulate in Nuevo Laredo...AT the start of this month cartels launched coordinated attacks, gunmen in armored cars and equipped with grenade launchers fought army troops... now how are a few poorly equipped citizen solders supposed to stand against that?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This use of money to do what you want such as placing a 250K bounty on agents is what happens when those with money abuse their money and use it to undermine the law. With such a bounty, I can even expect local idiots to take them up on the bounty.

This may be what they want, but nothing we are seeing is a true effort to curtail drug cartel influence that uses money to help them destabilize the border region for perhaps some foreign military army. We just don't know but it stands to reason that sooner or later the drug cartels will sell their ability to kidnap, murder and destabilize regions of the country to nations that want to create problems for America while probing our actions to the perceived threat.

As such, the drug cartels are a problem that will eventually have to be dealt with in the most lethal means possible.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

your so vary close to the truth its down right scary...
there are two confirmed reports of the Sinaloa cartel receiving ship loads of weapons and ammo from Venezuela... a counrty who has no love of America

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This border violence reeks of a secret intelligence agencies little fabrication. Who on earth would want to destabilize the USA's borders? If someone has time I would suggest some digging to find out whose got cookie crumbs on their shirt being that some operation sponsor has been in the cookie jar.

And I have a gut feeling, Mexican drug gangs/cartels are going to do far more damage than Muslim extremists in our near future.

Could the cartels be the new terrorism fad after we have conditioned the Muslim extremists?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
like i said on another thread....send me, i have the technology.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If Obama was to do anything about it, people on this site would be creating threads non-stop saying "martial law! there are armed military on our soil!".

The drug cartels won't be stopped because the higher ups don't want them to be stopped.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I hate to say it but they would just get in the way and endanger the lives of their members...

I know man I know. But how can you as a people stand for this? I know if that was Australia I'd be at the boarder right now shooting everything that moved until the government either stopped me or stopped them.

This open boarder policy is bad enough. But attacks and deaths? It's appalling.

No other country I can think of would bare this insult or allow this situation to continue.

And if the Militia can't handle it what about the people in their homes? Women and children walking down the street?

Whats the worst is this business of telling those poor citizens to buy their own weapons and defend themselves. What's the point of having the largest military in the world if you can't even be safe in your own home inside your own country?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

What I don't get is were all fired up to go to war with Iran and they have done nothing other than posture... but we have 73 Americans dead to date due to the so called drug war with threats against thousands more and not a peep out of washington????

They should have expelled Mexico from NAFTA sealed the borders and started building one big ass wall

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
What's the point of having the largest military in the world if you can't even be safe in your own home inside your own country?

You hit the nail on the head with that statement right there. We are more worried about our foreign interests than our own people. It's maddening.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
like i said on another thread....send me, i have the technology.

Your welcome to come crash on my couch buddy...
Bet there's a hundred ranchers even closer to the border than I am who'd love to have you too... yes we're all that worried down here

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

holy crap American lawmakers, get your heads out your behinds (these are my lawmakers Im so embarassed for)

legalizing MJ will solve these problems because johnny farmer will make me MJ m efficiently then any cartel.

This madness needs to stop. I amsending this article to my lawmakers immediately.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have an idea, let's put predator drones on patrol across the border and shoot any caravan that crosses illegally. I'm not sure legalizing Marijuana would help matters at this point (there are still other drugs)...but it should be legalized. In any case, I'm all for predators patrolling the border, these drug cartels are disgusting, has anyone read the story of them stitching a man's face to a soccerball?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonholland
This madness needs to stop. I amsending this article to my lawmakers immediately.

It breaks my mind really. This wouldn't be a politically tenable stance in Australia or virtually any other western nation. It would be political suicide, people would start riots over things like this.

But the yank politicians can just throw out words like "racism" and kill any issue.

I don't even understand how wanting to close or protect your boarders from illegal immigrants and hostile drug cartels and military juntas and smuggling could be considered racist but it is.

It's pathetic these tax payers and legal citizens literally have to defend themselves against foreign aggressors while the government sits on it's hands and does nothing.

It may very well take a Militia or two or some armed and concerned citizens going down there and getting into a fight with these guys just to get the proper attention this situation deserves.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by von holland

It wouldn't make to much of a difference...
cartels make way more money bring in coke crack and human trafficking...
you do know that bringing in a few Mexican girls to fill our brothels is nothing... the real money is slipping back with our little blond haired blue eyed beauties... did you know its an old Mexican tradition to kidnap girls as young as twelve and as long as you make them your wife it's not only legal there are songs and stories that glorify it??? Oh you bet your butt there's a lot of money in little white girls... you didnt think the thousands of missing persons reports were all runaways did ya?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
I have an idea, let's put predator drones on patrol across the border and shoot any caravan that crosses illegally. I'm not sure legalizing Marijuana would help matters at this point (there are still other drugs)...but it should be legalized. In any case, I'm all for predators patrolling the border, these drug cartels are disgusting, has anyone read the story of them stitching a man's face to a soccerball?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by yellowcard]

but there already here... just a couple weeks back I posted another news story that went mostly unnoticed
American Students Becoming Part of Mexican Drug Cartels: AP Video
www.abovetopsecret.com...
poor kids may be killed outright if they refuse to join

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
America has two fronts, two theatres...economic instability, and now a third front.

The wall is not a good idea in my opinion...walls go against my grain as a freeman, I remember East and West Germany too well.

And the DMZ has proven to be a money sucking pig.

With Russia snuggled in with Chavez, Chinese war ships on the move, Polish plane crash, nuke summit, Afghan President the K man wanting to convert to Taliban Islam, South Africa about to explode, the Vatican losing any moral authority, US calling in 83rd out of Georgia for Nov elections, Arctic negotiations with Russia and the rest, and then missing nukes we have our selves a snafu...not to mention Israel warning its citizens to "get the hell out of Egypt" (snafu...sit normal all f&^d up)

What is it with Israel always going back to Egypt anyhow?lol

I am sure that the Marines would feel better going into Mexico and securing our borders then they do chasing a bunch of 15 to 19 year old terrorists in Pakistan which may be a fourth front but things are getting so stretched out for those guys that it in and of itself is plain scary. This war is already longer then ww1 and ww2. This war is gonna turn out to be the longest in US history the way things are progressing.

Holy Hell batman.

Mexico has turned out to be a real threat, Casper Weinberger was correct with his theory concerning Mexico.

Imagine the following scenarios: in 1998, a full-scale war involving biological and nuclear weapons breaks out on the Korean peninsula, and China seizes the opportunity to invade Taiwan; in 1998, an Iranian-led jihad is unleashed throughout the Persian Gulf as fundamentalists rise up against secular Arab governments and organize terrorist strikes in the United States, while a nuclear weapon is detonated in Europe; in 2003, an American expeditionary force invades Mexico to topple a corrupt and recalcitrant drug-running regime in an attempt to stanch the flow of millions of refugees over the southern U. S. border. These and two other scenarios of global disaster are the "Next Wars" former Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger and Hoover Institute scholar Peter Schweizer consider in their new book on military readiness and defense strategy in the post-Cold War era. Their book contain
www.amazon.com...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by whiteraven]

[edit on 13-4-2010 by whiteraven]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join