It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You guys remember that Gen. Nathan Twining memo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This 'flying saucer' situation is not at all imaginary or seeing too much in some natural phenomena. Something is really flying around. The phenomenon is something real and not visionary or fictitious.

Gen. Nathan Twining Chief of Staff, US Air Force, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

keyholepublishing.com...

Does anyone know the background story to this memo and how it was found? Also any official references/records of it?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Maybe Gazrok remembers.

I think it may have been Stanton Freedman who found this document. If I recall he was discussing it at least in one of his books, and thats why I thought that.

He had access to a lot of documents in his investigations and he has produced many interesting components in his Roswell- MJ12 investigations.

I assume the Twining memo is part of the MJ12 investigation?

I could be way off here I am just guessing. It's been a long time since I've gone over all of these documents.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shino

There is a classified letter by Gen Nathan Twining that was written on September 23, 1947 in which he discusses flying saucers. It was not above Top Secret, so the General was very careful in how he chose his words. He does state that the objects are very real and are controlled by some sort of intelligence. He does not use the term extraterrestrial or alien. The fact that he recognizes that UFOs are real is the main thing that sets it apart from most early documents.

It is in the book "Aliens From Space..." by Major Donald Keyhoe.

There are a few that are related to the MJ-12 papers and may not be real. But the above one is a very real and revealing document.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The document found by Bill Moore and J. Shandera (not Stanton) was the Cutler-Twining memo of July, 1954, not this one...

the Cutler-Twining memo was discovered in the National Archives in Box 189 of Entry 267 of USAF Record Group 341.

You can see this memo here (bottom of the page), along with other docs found in the National Archives.

www.majesticdocuments.com...

Personally, I wouldn't trust either of these guys (i.e. search on "The Aviary"), but it was confirmed the document was found there. (of course, either one of them could have planted it).

So, depends on which docs you trust also, as if we believe other Majestic docs, then Twining was already WELL AWARE of the reality of the issue in 1947, let alone in 1954...

EDIT: It seems this document (the Twining-Schulgen memo) is actually on the same page, and was also found in the same record group, at the National Archives. However, as I caution above, the two involved in this find have some serious UFOlogy baggage....

[Sorry for all the edits, was confusing the two of these, as they are both Twining memos, and were both found in the same records group, so just wanted to get my facts straight on it]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I thought the MJ documents were all proven to be hoaxes?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Artilleryman

Not all but many of them, oddly stanton friedmen the man who was promoting them was the first to proove some to be hoaxes.

new topics

top topics

join