It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Insurance Reform subsidy calculator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I found some information today that is helping me understand in real terms how much of a subsidy I might be entitled to with the new health insurance reform laws. While this year has been disastrous financially for me and I am currently qualified for Medicaid, future years look much brighter but like most of you I would like to plan ahead and figure out how much I will need a year to pay for my insurance. I'm pleasantly surprised about some of what I see (if this all pans out) for various income levels. This is definitely going to help out lots of people. Take a look for yourself to see in real dollars how the new laws will affect you and your family.

I still do not like the bill as I was for the public option and because I believe that the whole idea of "subsidies" might put a person receiving them in some kind of "welfare class" but this is what we ended up with and I hope it will be helpful to some of you who are not rich to see exactly how this might affect you.

Please note that the Kaiser Family Foundation are not the same as the Kaiser's who sell insurance. Thoughts on this? How does is affect you?

healthreform.kff.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
what a nifty little tool. I hope everyone gets to try this out. Very important to check on it yourself, star and flagged ya.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

As you know by now the Kaiser foundation is a branch of the kaiser health care plan that is one of the largest private health care in the nation.

Their calculator is base on what they think is going to happen and subject to change as with everything this just predictions by the same groups that are the ones been bailed out by our run corporate government, and the ones that will be controlling mandatory health care premiums.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The purpose the the Kaiser Family Foundation is research and education and they have done a lot of good work in this area. This foundation is a non-profit organization and has done a lot of good in AIDS/HIV research and education but you could check that out for yourself. Kaiser health insurance is a different organization/co. but by the by I have heard it is quite good as far as health insurance companies go though this has nothing to do with this calculator.

I am not linking to an insurance company. Did you try the calculator yourself? Not even interested as to how this might work in theory? No problem.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

I fall under retiree military subside government health care, actually if things got the way they are our premiums may increase, we are still fighting for military retirees rights.

Now, don't get confused with Kaiser "Research" and Kaiser "insurance" they are linked together, see calling a branch "none profit" they get to make their own research and manipulate results that then our corporate run government accepts creating rules and regulations that are not for the benefit of the people but those that funds this so call "none profit" organizations under the table, including big pharma.

This how things are done in the US, any independent study that is not backed by those on the top funneling money to politicraps are dismiss and forgotten.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am bumping this little known tool so everyone can see what Obamacare will cost you.

For me and my husband, if we didn't have health insurance through work, ours would cost $18,647. $6000 of this is because we smoke! And we are middle class! This is huge folks! People would have to sell their houses to pay for this!

But I have another question... Where on earth is the government getting all this money for subsidies? I mean what if we were fully subsidized? That is the government paying nearly $20,000 for one family!

The US economy will be collapsing! Doom!
edit on 9-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Holy crap! If me and my husband made only 30,000, we would have to pay, $7,573 per year! This would reduce our income down to $22,500!

And if we made 20,000 per year, we would have to pay, $6,174 per year. Leaving us with 13,800 income!

All because we smoke!

DOOM DOOM DOOM!!!!!

Hey folks this will not even affect me, but you really need to pay attention here!

new topics

top topics

join