It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSOE website - odd icon !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
As is my norm had a quick look at RSOE to see on the global page if there was anything I would be interested in.

Imagine my surprise when on clicking global just above Alaska (I think) an unknown icon. Large, balloonish, orange centre and a black dot ?

There are no such icons listed on their own site.

When you click on details it says:' Sorry, is not enough English language description!'

Having known many people with English as a second language this could be interpreted as 'we don't know how to translate this'

anyway the link is:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Looks to me like the point of interest indicator from Google maps. Probably some sort of leak-through between the underlying map application and the skin being laid over it by RSOE.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You're right I knew i'd seen that icon elsewhere - here's hoping you're right!

Very odd though - been watching RSOE some time now and not seen it before.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What is this website for? I zoomed in on where i work and it shows my hospital just being built. Thats a few years ago.

Just curious what this map thing was for

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's an International alert centre based in Hungary.

Alerts are described by various icons on the maps and can range from a swarm warning of incoming portuguese man o' war , to bird flu and even earthquakes and tsunamis.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Thanks. I did some playing around with it and i figured it out. Very interesting. How do people find kewl stuff like this on the internet? LOL

Thanks for the link. I will keep an eye on it often.

top topics

join