It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do So Many People Want The End of The World?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
my idea is because the OMEGA PEOPLE while stillll in power of cause they dont want to quite or refrain.so what should we do is just damage their plan somesort like throw out our UNCLE BUSH and UNCLE BLAIR
by doing this then most of their plan damage a bit by bit

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
if you've lived a good life, then there is nothing to worry about when all hell busts loose
. at the very least, it means you'll come back with christ, if you believe in that sort of thing. let it come. i'll still be here as bored as ever, but if any of these apocalyptic prophecies come to pass, for one thing my life won't be boring, that's for sure
. we can thank satan for bringing about this catastrope.

[Edited on 6/4/2004 by cloud]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think , although I speak from my own humble opinon, that any religious person saying that this is the end times basis it on their scripture, which states certain things will happen to show that we are in the end times.

I believe in Jesus Christ and the Bible, and if it is read through and compared with today, there are way to many coincidences going on. My only question to myself is that if this is not the end of the age..then what the hell is??? What time in the future could match so well with what the prophets of the bible and jesus himself said??

The end of the world is a dark dark time, but it will lead to many people finding God. But that isnt the main thing. The main thing is that if you believe in God then you believe his word and his will. It will have to happen someday, everything written must be fullfilled. Like the words of Bob Marley "some say thats just a part of it..we have to fullfill the book"

The end is just a small part of "it" ITs about the death of evil. The end of suffering, and eternal peace on earth and in heaven, like the Lords prayer "Thou will be done on earth as it is in heaven!!!" Heaven is not like earth. But one day it will be. God did create the earth and all living creatures so its HIS to do as he pleases. The difference between the above and a dangerous fanatic is very very simple. A fanatic believes he or she has to "make it happen" or "fight" for God with their own means. Like terrorists flying planes into buildings. If the God of the terrorists is so great why doesnt their God come down and wipe out some buildings?? If you have faith in God then you know that EVERYONE gets rewarded and condemned equally, and that God is not a respecter of persons...ie He holds no one in esteem. So whether the world is ending or not doesnt matter, because pretty soon (and life is SHORT!!!) you will have to face God anyway!

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I would rather see this society end as well. Not the people, the society and the frame of thinking that 99.99% of people use. People rarely question what they've been learned during the time that they grew up and want to live life like society wants them to. Most people never question what society feeds them, whether it's wrong or right.

Work a normal job for a company for most of their adult years untill they're about 60 and then settle somewhere in an rural area, or tropical island for the rest of their days. I see no satisfaction at all with such a life. I've seen someone ask on another forum what the member's goals are and all of them had something similar to what I just described here. IMO it's way too much below of a human's true abilities.

I see NO benefit or satisfaction from such a life, no other lives have been positively influenced, or truly empowered by living such a life.

People don't know what they are truly capable of, but they refuse to even think about it, because of being "scared of the unkown" or being scared of being ridiculed... They live life exactly as society dictates and that's it. This way of life is extremely unsatisfactory, but they refuse to accept that.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's not so much "wanting" the end to happen, and as Truthstranger so rightly pointed out, you're as close to the end of the world as you are to your own death.

If the end of the world is coming I would like to know about it. If God has appointed his prophets to write so much about it (and God told me personally to prepare to meet Him) then it's something to think about.

I just went deep in debt to start a business. You know, you occupy your time. You don't put on a robe and stand on a mountain top waiting for Jesus to swing by to pick you up.

The first verse in Revelation says God gave it to show His servants "what must soon come to pass." If it's going to happen anyway, there's nothing you can do to make it happen (nothing that won't make matters worse) or stop it from happening (nothing that could make things better)

Only.... Prepare to meet God.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So you figure it out, the end of the world is nigh!

What do you care about?

Well I guess I might just as well give everything away, I mean "you can't take it with you." But our "great leader," might be able to haul it away to the mothership.

So you figure it out okay?

The "End of the World," is the most ingenious way to ripoff people ever devised.

So if you think the world is ending, or even wish it would because "paradise is right around the corner," presumably as your spaceship saucer doo-dad does a right angle turn at 50gs, hang on to your wallet!

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
how can you want everyone you know or care for to die ? thats what would happen so why "bring it on"

if you want it to end now then do yourself the honours with a sharp pointy metal stick or a gun , dont wish it on people who arent suicidal and happy with their lives

i blame it on mad max movies

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think some are simply following their programing. That being the perspective of the people around them and their opinions or their Dogma's or whatever. Maybe some or all of those things too.

Others I think just like to see destruction and things like that. Similar to how all of us at one time or another have probably blown something up, or burnt a bunch of stuff or blew something to pieces with a shot gun or something. For no reason than just to thrash some stuff, ya know. Only this is on a much bigger scale and is most likely from a more serious glitch in their mental and emotional states for various reasons.

Then I think there are some who have taken the time to just stop. Look around and see what's happening. Compared it with multiple records throughout history. Then continued to examine it all until the Grok the big picture to at least a decent degree of comprehension. At that point, realizing something along the lines of, 'Wait a sec. This can't be IT!! If this is really the full extent of what we are to get out of IT, then IT is just pathetic and sad. Now obviously, there is just way too much of IT, when a tiny view of IT truly does in fact happen, leaving the observer in awe and knowing there is something so much more amazing, one does realize that IT is not sad and pathetic. It is US who continue to waste IT ALL and have been for thousands of years, in the same exact ways over and over. It is then that these people I think decided that it's better to just Scratch it all and begin again if people don't get their sh*t in order pretty soon.

At least that is what I'm seeing from most people anyway.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Some of the ideas I can understand, the religous standpoint, that society needs to change. It's just that some seem to want destruction for the sake of destruction, that the Human Race needs to be destroyed because life is not fair.

Life is not fair, everyone is evil, nothing is good, things are not the way "I" think they should be, so "I" want (whomever/whatever) to be right in saying that the end is at hand.

In my life I have met many people that the world would be better off without them, but I have also met many people that have made the world better just by being here. I think it's different in accepting that something may/will happen and trying to use that as means/method of change as opposed to wanting everybody to suffer and die.

Do things need to change---YES
Does society need to change---YES
If something happens use the chance---YES

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I have to say I disagree. We are not trying to better ourselves. We simply try to make things easier for the moment without taking into consideration how we're affecting the enviroment. Humans by nature are "weeds". If we were taken out of this world, things would still go on. Bioligically we serve no purpose. Which is why people turn to religion. Everybody wants to believe they have some special meaning, when in reality this planet would last much longer without us. Argue all you want but that's the truth. For instance, take a look at the different insects and animals. They all have a niche. Us humans do not. In fact like I've already said, we destroy everything we touch and we are going to eventually destroy ourselves. So disillusion yourselves all you want by believing humans are amazing creatures, but when you want the truth study up on your biology and then you won't be able to argue your way out of it.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surreal_Rain
For instance, take a look at the different insects and animals. They all have a niche.

I agree everything has a niche, weeds, parasites, virii, ect. At some point something ends up at the top of the food chain, nothing to do with being special. I think it is pretty amazing that a lifeform can effect the environment to the point of wiping itself out in the process. Reguardless of what we do, the planet is going to get by with or without us. How could a lifeform exist if it did not fill some niche?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
unfortunatly believing in the 'just fix whats wrong' attitude is the biggest phallacy of them all. The very people we rely on to 'fix' the problems are the very people who CAUSED them.

The ONLY way to rebuild the world better ist to sweep the old generation away so the new will be brought up with out the knowledge of their forfathers mistakes.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
But if they have no knowledge of the previous mistakes, it's almost inevitable they will do the same thing. "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" and all that.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Because they don't want to have to meet their boss' deadline next week.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by MKugs]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
"The real distinction is between those who adapt their purposes to reality and those who seek to mold reality in the light of their purposes."

Our Benefactor, Henry Kissinger

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I will try and stay away from too much 'Preachy & Religious-like' phrases, however, I will admit this may sound a little Apocalyptic. Not because I am pushing such Paradigms or Dogmas, but simply because it sounds so much better when answering threads of this type!!

Oh yah, also this is sorta aimed at the American Perspective as I am in the U.S. But is still a good message for others too!

The time for (Wo)Man once again has come Full Circle and Once again We are at the Crossroads, Unprepared & Unsure of Our Next Step of This Journey! This message is for everyone, regardless of what brought you here or where you are thinking of going next, at this point, there is a choice and with each passing moment the importance of it Grows in Relation to that which is To BE.

I give you A Fact that must be realized and understood but most important is it must be accepted. Then it must be Cast Away just as quickly and completely as it was beheld. For if you let such things, by the weight of their misfortune, keep you in place and poisoned with Blame, Guilt, Shame or feelings of this kind, you will surely sink into the sands of time, and that will only bring more suffering when there is already too much. You must however never forget or make light of the things which have Cast Away, because in letting that go you are in turn setting forth on a path that should have already been Done.

The Current Masters and Predators of All Men & Women can no longer be allowed to hide behind lies. It's time to see them for what they are. Black Hearted, Soulless, Criminal, Bastard Children of Satan & The Hell Spawns of The Skank Whore Known as Corporate America. All of them Greedy, Foul, Degenerate, War Pigs, Feeding off the Blood that They Spill Forth on Their Alters of Self Worship from the Throats of Innocent Men, Women and Children the World Over! They've Turned Our Oceans Black with the Blood of Mother Earth, Our Skies Gray with Their Stench of Neanderthal Living Standards and Our Lands into Deserts & Nuclear Waste Dumps which will remain Devoid of All Life for Generations to Come!!'

I SAY WE CHANGE IT!! RIGHT HERE AND NOW!! OR ELSE WE END IT, ONCE AND FOR ALL SO THE DISEASE OF HUMANITY IN THEIR CURRENT STATE DOESN'T SPREAD!! THE CHOICE IS YOURS, BUT YOU MUST CHOOSE!!

Now, there is another fact that must be known. That fact is that thinking we are going to Fix anything ourselves has been our biggest mistake of them all since the beginning. We must first admit that it is US who needs fixing not the whole of nature. The laws of Nature and the Cycles upon which they have always existed DO NOT NEED US TRYING TO FIX OR MASTER THEM. Humility needs to be our first goal. To realize that only when we are humbled and understand that it is us who should admire the beauty of the world, instead of the reverse, it is then that we have taken our first step toward freedom.

Arrogant pride and Self Worship is what makes us think that nature and life cannot or will not flow correctly without us interfering. We did not make the Cosmos, we were born from it, and will return to it. We have been like rotten children who rule a wicked and ruthless hand over that which created a world for us, as well as provide for us. In return was asked nothing. NOTHING!!! Other than that we care for each other, live happy, and enjoy all that has been provided. Humanity is the only creature....Only species which lives as if it was us that are the ones who make universal law. We need to change, and by change I mean we need to STOP. STOP, allow the world to heal itself, as it has always done and will always do. While that happens, we should show RESPECT to all life and each other for a change but most important is that we start showing love, compassion and respect among other things, and quit acting like rotten children. (Some more rotten than others, which I hinted at so poetically a couple sections back. Which was actually my favorite part!!)

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   

[edit on 2004-7-2 by Teknik]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Even if there are powerful ppl with loads of dosh, they cannot "make" the end happen. Its appointed for a specific time, and only God knows when that is. (not even Jesus knows..one day he'll be drinking a cup of coffee with Micheal..next thing its "Get down there!")

Three interesting things to me.

1) It seems everything grows, even evil..like seeds are planted and eventually they reach full growth and a harvest. So in the end all things come to a sort of maturity..and must be dealt with. Its written in the bible about "arrogance has blossomed" like some sort of flower. And its also spoken of a havest at the end, when all the evil and good is separated, like the goats from the sheep etc. The scary thing about this is the predestination, that God separates sheep from goats...that there are people destined for destruction? Sons of disobedience? Parable of the farmer and the good seed and the bad seed? Genesis..the child of the women will bruise the serpents head...but God will but enemnity between the serpents SEED and the womes seed. So Satan has seeds?? Kids?? (Kid is a baby goat right?? lol!)

2) The funniest thing is that whenever the end comes, it will be a time similar to Noahs day, when no one believed it was going to happen!! Noah would be todays nutter, needing Oprah, Dr Phil and indepth psychological "help" to end his "delusions" of mass destruction and his "anti social behaviour!!" LoL just think of all the people in the bible mentioning the end etc..today they would be termed anti social , possibly schizophrenic and a danger to society!! If you arent with the world, or if you "judge" people, or say ..this is wrong...or that is evil..you are politically incorrect and anti social! Main point is whenever it happens ..its like God has set it to happen in a time when no one would believe or expect it. Jesus mentioned both Noah and Sodom..that they were carrying on with normal life, marrying , buying, etc...right up until Noah hopped on the boat and Lot left and the fire came down.

3) If it all goes bad then your not alone. But everyone has to face a form of personal apocolypse in their lives when it comes to faith and religion, mainly because you have to go against the world and even your own carnal mind and body. One day each of us will be alone before God..no friends, no family , wife of kids..no enemies..nothing..just YOU and God. And if that doesnt work out for you..then your eternity is a never ending apocolpse!!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
when I was an athiest I was a big fan of R. Buckminster Fuller. He thought that mankind would eventually solve all problems through technology. A nice dream. Some of you would really get a big kick out of hearing Bucky speak if you could have.

The communists used to believe you could reform man by force. The Bush administration seems to believe the same thing.

This is how the world will end: God sits back and let's man solve his problems his way. When man's way of solving his problems results in the almost total annihilation of life on earth, Jesus comes to collect all those who chose to be transformed in mind and character by His power, rather than human effort. Then the world blows up.

Man can't fix himself. Only God can, and it takes a miracle.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Whether it conscious or unconscious perception, people understand the world is dieing
and I suspect the end time idealogy is a reaction when faced with the inevitable brick wall.

So hand me a sledge hammer will ya!?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join