It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Watch: Just doing my job, mate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

Story snippet...
"And that very same day, a demonstration that getting angry may be just what the media want.

Peter Mitchell: An accused rioter has clashed with a television cameraman after facing court on charges arising from the attack on the Oakleigh Bob Jane store...

— Channel Seven News, Victoria, 1st April, 2010

The charges are serious, but of course not yet proven.

And anyway, it wasn't the accused rioter who was first shown clashing with the cameraman outside the Melbourne Magistrates Court"...

Please visit above link for full story.

Explanation: It speaks for itself!

Personal Disclosure: Was this as Holmes said on Media Watch, “edifying stuff”?

Was the camera man really just doing his job?

For me it is a Yes to the 1st question as I can see the irony in his sarcasm!

As for the 2nd question I have to answer No as he clearly stepped outside the bounds of the law when he both slandered and libeled Mr Amr.

www.lawhandbook.sa.gov.au...

en.wikipedia.org...

So what do my fellow ATS members think of this issue from a conspiratorial POV i.e. Was the camera man paid by his MSM bosses to be provocative or did he just fly off the handle?

IMO it is both!

Related News Articles...
www.smh.com.au...

www.mediaspy.org...

www.theage.com.au...

www.crikey.com.au...

P.S. I was forced to use this forum to post as the Alternative news forum wouldn't let me post this and both what happened in the articles and what is happeneing to my ability to post to ATS are evil sicknesses!

move as required OK!

Edited link fail

[edit on 13-4-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
WOW! I had to watch the whole 6 mins of video, before my opinion came around to that of the OP.

The cameraman was "just doing his job," but I don't blame the men for not wanting to be on camera. The men had no right to demand for the cameraman to leave, they were on a city sidewalk, and the cameraman was covering a news story.

However, the cameraman continued to provoke them every time they tried to leave. He resorted to cursing at them, and calling them terrorists, until he got the reaction that he sought. Then the news channel aired the best of that reaction?

Imagine if the news channel had aired the part where the cameraman is following two Muslims down the sidewalk and calling them terrorists while they say, "please stop." That would have been an entirely different news story!

I say, that if this happened to me, it would have been worth a night in jail to give that cameraman an impromptu colonscopy with his own camera! Air that!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
geez
its clearly visible the guy was provoked
and badgered to get an aggressive response.
All in the name of getting it on film.
This my friend is sensationalistic journalism
at it's worst

and this is EXACTLY what the agents right here
on ATS do to incite an aggressive response.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
S&F to the OP, There will be plenty of example of this type of journalism coming soon to local MSM & LSM network near you once the Tea Pary events take place on 4/15/2010.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
What are the laws?

I thought it was that the media couldn't show your face if you didn't sign the release.

Or its something like they can show your face or play your audio, but they couldn't do both unless you sign the release.

Or does that get negated if you have been through the public court system.

In either case - the mans father was neither - so they shouldn't have been able to do it. I dunno, can anyone correct me?

This is tabloid journalism. I cant stand the mainstream news anymore.

I get my TV news from SBS, ABC Lateline, and The Daily Show...

ABC, 7, 9, 10 are a waste of time, and the foxtel news services aren't much better - though I do watch The Orielly Factor just to see how stupid he is.

But if that camera man was in my face, I would probably have a $60,000 debt to pay.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

join