It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideas to the US government to bring back jobs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The purpose of this thread is to discuss ideas or potential government manuevers to bring back/create jobs to the US.

My ideas:

1. Oversea manufactuering tax- for all goods manufactured overseas by US Companies.

2. Import tax for- all goods imported into the US that are manufactured overseas.

3. Tax incentives- tax cuts for companies manufacturing goods in US states.

Other ideas?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

ideas or potential government manuevers to bring back/create jobs to the US.

These ideas have already been implemented, and we are still sucking ass...

We need a Paradigm Shift, not policy change....

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

ideas or potential government manuevers to bring back/create jobs to the US.

These ideas have already been implemented, and we are still sucking ass...

We need a Paradigm Shift, not policy change....

If youre referring to the bailouts that wasnt an idea to bring back jobs. That was a corporate america scheme that involved its political buddies rallying together to make profits before everything fell on its face.

I mean ideas that may encourage job growth and job creation.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by AzoriaCorp]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
1) Legalize Industrial hemp and Medicinal cannabis.

this will revolutionize the textile industry, making us #1 again like we were in Cottons hay day

it will revolutionize energy, in biomass and bio-diesel. creating power plants and refineries.

it will revolutionize the paper industry , since hemp makes better quality paper for much cheaper, much faster (than trees).

it can replace Soy, and be grown in places where soy cannot.

its medicinal potential will spark interest in the scientific realm.

plastics will be made from hemp cellulose rather than petrol.

so to sum it up, on top of the phenomenal increase in demand for farming (which is by the way unskilled)

the thousands of new domestically produced products will need to be manufactured and sold, stores will need to be staffed. and all of these industries will start booming DOMESTICALLY. all of these industries are currently dominated overseas due to illegality.

hemp products are superior to their opposition, but due to the high price of importing hemp, none of the products can be considered for profit here in the states. IF we legalized it, we would also have a head start on the market due to its illegality almost everywhere else.

America would literally have another industrial revolution.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
make it a law that if u r an American Company that
you have to make your product here. Else move
your headquarters to another country.

Eliminate the tax loophole for corporations that
allow them to file their taxes in a foreign country
when they have a profit yet file in America when
they have a loss to get more tax credits. That
is illegal in my book.

Repeal NAFTA Treaty

More jobs would be available if illegals weren't here.
Fix that problem and some of the jobs come back.

We need to focus on making the US an Industrial
Nation again. Where products are made here.
Majority of textiles have been shipped overseas.
Put an import cap on the amount of specific goods
imported.

America has become a 3rd world country due to
this industrial outsourcing.

take away half of that huge military budget and use it
to make loans to American Citizens (no interest) to
make products here in the US. Notice i said American
Citizens only.

Really enforce the laws already in place for illegals.
make it a primary directive for Homeland Sec instead of
monitoring 2 goat herders in Afgh.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It would be nice if they would help people that have ideas for alternative fuels and energy.
Using some of the government owned land for farms to produce food for low income families and elderly.
Adding transportation systems to places that don't have them and need them.
I can't think of other ones right now.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
1. Eliminate all tax on individual income, restructure corporate (see 9).

2. Repeal the 16th Amendment and close the IRS.

3. Eliminate the credit rating system used by lenders. Part of lending is in taking risks, which is why there are rewards. Note that this does not eliminate the Fed nor fractional reserve banking. Just let the banks know that the US will not cover their gambling risks.

4. (Well maybe 3b) Reform of banking/lending institutions. If they are not lending at a high enough and stable enough percentage, pull their charter.

5. Fair market value. If a product is to be manufactured out of the country then tariff. Use those tariffs for (and only for) business grants and loans to encourage domestic production and job creating.

6. End no bid contracts on government and military suppliers. Force all military purchases to be domestic (if no other reason than security reason)

7. End the practice of just in time inventories/shipping.

8. Remind the public of the golden rule of economics, if people can not afford to purchase then the product will not sell. The repeated stories of 1500 laid off from XYZ means that 1500 potential customers can not justify buying yours or someone else's product, which only leads to more lay offs for yours or other companies. It is the death spiral that got us where we are today.

9. Eliminate Minimum Wage. Replace it with simple wage control in that the highest paid can not be more than 10 times the lowest paid within the company or conglomerate. Profits can either be reinvested in the company or the workers. All left over profit can be donated to public benefit projects such as roads, education, water/sewage systems, etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Not that I am claiming to be a business guru, but do some of you realize that America is not the only country in the world?

You start taxing, other countries follow suit, and we end in a lock up.

Legalizing "hemp" - a VERY complex issue that I can neither agree or disagree with. Would require so much regulation though (tobacco times five).

And almost of your ideas are so ANTI-BUSINESS, no wonder we are losing jobs. With half the ideas in this thread already, it is no wonder why nothing is produced here anymore.

You can not expect to reap the rewards of the entrepreneur.

We got a lot of mini-Hitlers in the house.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

6. End no bid contracts on government and military suppliers. Force all military purchases to be domestic (if no other reason than security reason)

This is an excellent point that reminded me of an incident i witnessed awhile back. To make a long story short, I learned from a National guardsman, that they were out bidding domestic contractors by low balling contracts for land development projects for "equipment training purposes"

I actually got quite irritated with the guardsmen. I had stated that was wrong as he and others are putting American people out of work. He didnt seem to care...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

I'm gonna have to agree with this, I'd like to add more but i plan on starting a new thread about this. There is so much potential for hemp in our economy, let alone it's leaf counterpart. Most of the arguments against it, can be debunked.

I remember the thread last week about the CIA agent, he made a reference about mary j and how it is a threat to big companies. If you research all the industrial, nutritional, medicinal, and economical benefits of cannabis sativa, you will see that this is an industry that will take over timber, cotton, petroleum, and other industries.

This is what our country needs, and nothing can compare to it. Until leading politicians decide to open their minds, our economy won't be at its full potential.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
How about they enforce the anti-trust laws again. This would encourage competition and innovation leading to -- Ka-Ching! Jobs.

Or, remove all tax on businesses employing less than 50 workers. Get some growth going for all those hard working mom and pops. You know, that endangered species: the sole proprietor.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

true. but the regulating resources can be pulled from Ex-DEA funding and resources that they will no longer need to use on cannabis. this is optional mind you, id rather see it go towards eliminating real drugs like meth. plus the would-be prison costs used to house the would-be criminals, could be diverted to regulating the industry.

its the only quick fix i can think of for the threads sake... because in reality all it would take is a mentality-shift on societies part(free), and then a swift stroke of a pen to make it law(also free).

it just seems too easy to not do, seeing as how it wouldnt cost us anything. crime wont go up, deaths wont go up, nothing will be any different except the poeple currently useing it will no longer have the label "criminal" and everyone not useing it will finally get their share of the benifits.

and things will start saying "made in USA" on them. the only thing that would foil the plan is if every other country did the same thing.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I know . Invent a war , drop the standard of living of millions so they don't have a choice other than the military or the scrap heap. Then send them out to go fight that war. Call it a war on terrorism, any old nonsense you like . I should work in US administration and Government , lowby European like me . They don't appreciate my ideas.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Just to add that if any products have that "made in the USA" label on them, they really do need to be made in the USA. I have a 1997 Dodge parked in my driveway with a sticker in the door frame "Assembled in Mexico."

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't know if I'm just an errant sample. But If I see anything 'made in America' in my shopping basket , it goes right back on the shelf. Maybe an image change could produce a few more jobs.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is a very complex problem.

Many thoughts in thread with some good and others just bad.

Taxation by any other name is a tariff. Laws on forced manufacturing within a country is protectionism. These policies have never worked throughout history. No reason to believe they will work now.

Now the problems. The US has signed treaties about free trade agreements. We just have to accept the fact we are no longer the big boy but just a member of the big boy club.

Environmentalists have pressured lawmakers into such restrictive laws that just from compliance, it's cheaper to move anywhere else, for manufacturing heavy industrial raw material.

Labor unions have raised hourly rates to a level that drives business away. Even China is having the same problem with cheaper labor in Vietnam and Indonesia. Management is even worse with compensation, but if you're making money, there is a reason; it starts with management.

Taxation from Federal and State government is taxing many businesses even more as there is a shrinking tax base. Local County and City governments often provide tax breaks (TIF) to keep businesses from leaving. Cities, across the country, are struggling from this.

Now the American worker. Several comments about illegals within the USA. Quite frankly, they are performing work most young Americans will not do. The kids want to work with computers and not get their hands dirty. For the most part, you will not be cheaper than tech support in India. But in the mean time, the plumbers/pipe-fitters/electrician unions are hiring across the country. Construction work on highways is full bore right now; hot, dirty work and you see the workers everyday. These are prevailing wage jobs, not rat work you normally associate with illegals. Jobs are out there, but the work is perceived to be beneath the average American.

What jobs do you want back? It really starts with changing minds and stupid laws.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Hello,
I could be wrong, but, isn't the US dollar printed on paper consisting of hemp fibers? It's just a story I heard. Given all the hypocrisy of the US government, I kinda believe it is using hemp fibers, I mean, those dollar bills are potent, even after being laundered.

On topic...I think maybe the US government, since it is a corporation, should hire the American people; just compartmentalize everything, and pay everyone insanely. Kinda like they are doing for the chosen few these days.

I'm sure the Fed. Reserve won't have any trouble printing more paper money to sustain all the employees/slaves. (Sarcasm-sorry bout that)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
no its cotton and linen. it would be better if it were hemp and linen.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
We obviously have way to many people for the U.S to hold. We need laws to limit the population like china does. Technology has increased the unemployment to a near 10%.

Check out this article!!

Unemployment in the U.S

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
BIG #1

Gambling.

Can someone please explain to me why gambling is illegal in some states? We cannot tax the establishment it is permitted in? And lose out on hundreds of millions? WHY! I live in Florida and so far it has done wonders.

Obvious #2
Hemp

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join