It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shot man with 50,000-volt Taser after he suffered epileptic fit in gym

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I work with people with Epilepsy every day as a Disability Support Officer.

Just as some members have posted above have said: People who have had seizures can act very oddly and violently, even after a seizure due to the effects on the brain.

The Paramedics should be well aware of this, but Police are not trained in Epilepsy Management. If this happened in Australia, the police & paramedics would be in a fair bit of trouble after using a taser.

Physical restraint is needed in my line of work, especially when dealing with violent and potentionally violent clients, and we don't need tasers or capsicum spray to deal with people who try and bite/punch you, so the police (who are trained in (self defence tactics) shouldn't need a taser for something like this in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
so what would they have done if they could not use tasers anymore im sure they would have found away to take control without using these torture tools
most cops nowdays love to use brutality the amount of cases like this is overwhelming if he had a knife or a weapon then its a different story

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Tazers are making them less and less willing to negotiate or diffuse situations.

I can’t believe what I am reading here.

Officer “Can you stop biting me so we can talk about it?”
Perp “chomp chomp chomp”

There’s a difference between flopping around on the floor and assaulting people. It makes no difference if it’s drug induced, disease induced or mental problems. They were in a confined space, a gym. There were innocent people at risk of being injured beyond the paramedics and police. If it had been on a soccer field fine, stand back and let him punch at ghosts. But for all we know there could have been a mother holding a new born in the crowd.

Assault is assault you can’t say it’s their job to take physical injuries from citizens no matter what the reason is.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join