It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priest calls for pope's resignation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Priest calls for pope's resignation

www.cnn.com

East Longmeadow, Massachusetts (CNN) -- The phones are ringing off the hook at the parish of St. Michael's Church, where the Rev. James Scahill called in a sermon last weekend for the pope to resign over the church's sexual abuse scandal.

Pope Benedict XVI has found himself tied to the crisis after news broke last month that 30 years ago, when he was an archbishop, he approved accommodations in his diocese for a priest accused of child sex abuse so the priest could undergo therapy.

The pri
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rawstory.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
UN judge calls for prosecution of Pope Benedict

[edit on 13-4-2010 by omalefactor]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Earlier this month a UN judge called to prosecute him. You think stepping down before hand would allow him to avoid prosecution? Could this be an attempt by members of the curch to sweep the issue under the rug while portraying that they are tackling the issue? Should the pope let "integrity... lead him, for the good of the church," to step down doesn't that simply imply replacing the guilty like they do with all of the priests guilty of sexual molestation, and perpetuate the problem?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well they said tons of high level people would be arrested this year and next....

It'll be fun to see who's next.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The only way to hold those responsible such as the Pope is for dissent to come from within their own ranks.

You see the church blames the media for doing a witch hunt, but if their own people are crying out for something to be done and asking for resignation, then they can no longer say it's a conspiracy against the church.

This is how it begins.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yuck, it all makes me sick. It is so disturbing what they allowed to happen. On top of that, the way they STILL act as if they are somehow above basic laws of man. They have been disgustingly reactive. None of this should have ever happened, but since it did they should have dealt with it appropriately. Instead, they are facing what could be the ruination of their organization. Just more evidence that religion ultimately helps to corrupt what could be a beautiful spiritual reality. What really pisses me off is thinking about the children that were in their care and counted on them to watch over them. I would probably get in trouble on here if I said what I think should happen to these "men of God".

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Calls for pope to resign? I think that this runs a whole lot deeper than we can even begin to imagine.
Its not only the pope......Its the "Vatican" as a whole. Religion. The very fact that scientists world wide are putting things together that beggars belief, the miraculous break throughs and.......Possible Extra Terrestrial populations elsewhere in our galaxy.
If extra terrestrials were found to exist what would that say regarding the bible? Does it run along with or contradict?
I have a sneaky feeling that maybe im wrong but seems like its actually the religions taking the brunt of everything at the moment?Iraq, Iran pakistan yehmen and ofcourse the Vatican.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I heard on the Car Radio today a Bishop blaming Society's Ill's on corrupting some members of the Church

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Just to quickly answer your question about the E.T.'s....The pope now says its ok to believe in E.T.'s because they are "all gods creatures"...ever see the pictures of Pope Benedict with nazis as a young boy? your right though... religion is the problem, more specifically, Christianity. It is a disgrace to the true teachings of Jesus.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by omalefactor

If the Pope is force to resign then he is in a position of being arrested and held accountable for his actions!

Sounds like a good start to me.

Star and Flag OP This is good news.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
WOW, im having a WOW moment..ok..someone posted earlier this month about someone's predictions..

I cant seem to recall it..or the post..but my god, the predictions were about the pope..and him being, in public, humiliated and naked..or something along those lines.

Does anyone remember this? Or did I just dream it..lol

Too much, Id never have thought...especially if this was predicted, how cool..

edit: fumble fingers

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Yummy Freelunch]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What a relief. Hard to imagine that this is actually gaining traction like it has and things are getting done. This is actually something I can see happening. It'll send a nice message that you wont be protected by your peers if your caught doing this. If the pope can go down, then Rev. Lawnmowerman in Georgia isnt safe and will be held accountable.

Very interesting, everyday something new about the story comes out.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I always thought this Pope was fishy ever since he blinked 2 times that one time... lol

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Darn it, I meant 3 time not 2.... That was a fail...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderinghows
I always thought this Pope was fishy ever since he blinked 2 times that one time... lol

I disagree, his blinking didn't bother me. But I always found it disturbing that he yawned. Def. not on the up and up.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am sour at the church because woman can't be preists, my mom wanted to be one.... Only if then, well, I would not exsist... either way woman and men are equal, why judge that woman. i.e. I am male, and I stick up for womand rights
cause I am cool.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
lol I am serious about the blinks, when I reset my mind to what is there, I have a system to see what people think through the amount of blinks... He chose 3 and 3 = playhouse, the amount of blinks that realize that we are already done with the 1st version of the Universe.

It has to do with my theory of revolving around me and the link we all share.... I still think he is as good a pope as anyone else.

So controversial of a choice picking a person with a background such as his.

It is a good thing and a bad thing because we should accept all people, start a world wide reset and start new in order to make world peace and human understanding a reality.

Dreaming a dream that never was...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The thing is though is that it is all realitive to your individuel so I am pretty sure anyone can do it but I am only myself so I can not test blink recognition through anothers eyes yet, ya know? Darn those crazies and there evil ways!!! Burn the witch... poor poor Joan of Arc, a brave soul worthy of more, I drink to her!!!!

new topics

top topics

join