It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe divorcing America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well I read in another thread that some Americans was offended by, not be able to pay with american dollars in a shop...In Denmark...Well its become very scaring if you class the growing American stupidity as contagious...Then we should running the divorce thrue and close the borders...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This thread is really getting old.You Europeans never stop whinning and complaining.
Give it a rest.
The one fact you cannot deny is America supplied 75% of supplys to ALL allied forces in WWII. So get over it, and put this thread to bed.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
This thread is really getting old.You Europeans never stop whinning and complaining.
Give it a rest.
The one fact you cannot deny is America supplied 75% of supplys to ALL allied forces in WWII. So get over it, and put this thread to bed.

I don't see anyone denying that, we are simply pointing out that if Britain and it's allies had not stood up against the Nazi's then america would have had no one to send supplies to lol. Hitler would have consolidated his power in Europe, he would have more than likely developed the first atomic bomb as the resistance would not have sabotaged the deuterium factories, and of course he would have been able to concentrate his research without having to fight a troublesome enemy. Using the Nazis superior rocket technology and the shipyards afforded to him from his European empire he could have blased the USA into dust.

The fact you are unable to accept this scenario suggests you are blinded by patriotism.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

And what blinds europeans?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

And what blinds europeans?

This is not a reply, it's a complete avoidance of the points raised above, everyone can be blinded by patriotism of course, that is not the case of the Europeans in this thread. Although of course Europe is not a country so it's difficult to be patriotic for a continent.

The Europeans here are rather tired of american fools such as yourself using this age old argument that you think simply ends all discussion, the idea that you saved Europe. We get angry because you fail to see what would have happened if Europe had not stood up for itself.

Care to take a stab at what i posted above and actually respond to the points made or are you going to completely ignore them like a good little patriot? If you don't give a direct response to the points made i think it will just prove you are unwilling to face the truth.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The real facts are americans and europeans have alot of similaritys.
Both people are trying to just survive under the bankers and the supposed World organizations.And they will never let a parting happen. Does it really matter if you eat a hot dog or a banger or drink coffee or tea, I think not.
Most of us all have pride in our countrys and there is nothing wrong with that. This petty bickering is nothing but a waste of bandwidth.
Put it to rest.

P.S.

If you READ the whole thread from the beginning to the end I posted IT WAS A JOKE , because europeans love to get your feathers ruffled over the statement that america won the war. It's DRY HUMOR ,I thought europeans GOT DRY HUMOR.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by OLD HIPPY DUDE]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mackey1224uk
You saved the russians, and the rest of the europen countryts. From what I can remember not one German foot soldier set foot on british soil so can you tell me how you so-called yanks, saved us from Hilter?

How long would it have taken Hitler to mount nukes on his V2 rockets that he could drop on you guys anytime he wanted? Who do you think did the massive bombing of German infrastructure?

Let’s compare numbers between Germany and the UK and then the Americans

Army
Tanks and self-propelled guns
Germany = 67,429 vs United Kingdom = 27,896
Now add United States = 88,410

Artillery
Germany = 159,147 vs United Kingdom = 124,877
Now add United States = 257,390

Mortars (over 60 mm)
Germany = 73,484 vs United Kingdom = 102,950
Add United States = 105,055

Machineguns
Germany = 674,280 vs United Kingdom = 297,336
Add United States = 2,679,840

Military trucks
United Kingdom = 480,943 v s Germany = 345,914
Add United States = 2,382,311

Now the really big stuff!!!

Fighter aircraft
Germany = 55,727 vs United Kingdom = 49,422
Add United States = 99,950 also P-51 was huge game changer...

Bomber aircraft
United Kingdom = 34,689 vs Germany: 18,449
Add United States = 97,810 Also American bombers were a war changer in they were much better than the rest of the world.

Transport aircraft
Germany = 3,079 vs United Kingdom = 1,784
Add United States = 23,929 it was nice to move supplies around…. Hehe

Troops
US 13.1 million with 500k dead
UK 3 million with 383k dead
Germany 17.5 million with 5.5 million dead

Yep you are right UK didn’t need us one bit….hehe

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The real facts are americans and europeans have alot of similaritys.
Both people are trying to just survive under the bankers and the supposed World organizations.And they will never let a parting happen. Does it really matter if you eat a hot dog or a banger or drink coffee or tea, I think not.
Most of us all have pride in our countrys and there is nothing wrong with that. This petty bickering is nothing but a waste of bandwidth.
Put it to rest.

Actually it's not petty bickering as so many believe the rather ignorant idea. Pride in a country can be a very bad thing,

"Patriotism is a virtue of the viscious - Oscar Wilde"

"No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. - Barbara Ehrenreich:"

This second quote is more important to me because patriotism in the USA is often touted as the love of ones country and the supporting of ones government. When someone criticises the government they are seen as unpatriotic and that is the exact opposite of what it should be.

Patriotism in Europe takes on a very different complexion. Here we question our government regularly, we complain about it pretty often and a dislike of the political system is not seen as unpatriotic. For the most part any idea of patriotism revolves around upholding laws and rights rather than loving all decisions ones country makes.

P.S.

If you READ the whole thread from the beginning to the end I posted IT WAS A JOKE , because europeans love to get your feathers ruffled over the statement that america won the war. It's DRY HUMOR ,I thought europeans GOT DRY HUMOR.

Dry humour is rather difficult to pick up in text, however. you obviously believe in what you said because you have defended the position again and again. If you meant it as a joke you would have just said "yeah i know i was just having fun" in reply to me but instead you choose again to repeat the idea. So basically you are just trying to cover your blunder with the idea it was intended as humour. Nice try

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I was the first person to respond to the O.P. because I thought that a divorce of america and europe was funny and my response was funny,if taken in the full context of what I said.
If you go to page 3 of this thread you will see I said it was a joke.
It is you europeans who have responded to my joke , as the arrogant, pomus shelf rightous patriots that you are, you are no better than Americans, so stop acting like the spoiled children that you are and get over it.

Breathes there the man with soul so dead,
who never to himself hath said, This is my own, my native land!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I was the first person to respond to the O.P. because I thought that a divorce of america and europe was funny and my response was funny,if taken in the full context of what I said.
It is you europeans who have responded to my joke , as the arrogant, pomus shelf rightous patriots that you are, you are no better than Americans, so stop acting like the spoiled children that you are and get over it.

Debating american politics is a whole nother issue now .

What really upsets you is my post got so many stars. And whats really funny is you don't know if it was Americans that gave me the stars because they believe we won the war or from europeans who got the joke.

Also it is hard for me to not respond when you keep baiting me .

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

What really upsets you is my post got so many stars. And whats really funny is you don't know if it was Americans that gave me the stars because they believe we won the war or from europeans who got the joke.

Well, checking back, I seem to have been the first European to respond to your original joke.
And yes, I believe one of those stars was mine.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You having an argument with yourself man??

Baiting yourself? Thats a first.. Even for us spoilt Europeans..

But by all means, please do continue..

The psychoanalysis of the offensive attempts of a cornered wannabe comedian has been top of my list of 'to do's' for quite a while now lol..

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Dear me such anger. I have not baited you, only debated you and you have as yet failed to respond to it. I have stated clearly the contribution the USA made in WWII, i have merely asked you to acknowledge the fact that if Britain and her allies had not held up the Nazis for a couple of years then the war would have gone very differently for the USA. I don't do this out of patriotism, just a love of facts and history. I will respond to nonsense and your claim this was just a joke is rather betrayed when you have repeatedly defended the stance and then go back to calling it a joke.

As for the number of stars your post got, i really couldn't care. Still it's quite funny to watch someone get so wound up when their posts are called into question, calm down brother

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mackey1224uk
King Gorege the third ruled brittian and France never mind he was the prince of Rome. You yanks won nothing but uptodate slavery of the banking system

That's the way he looked at it, and being a spoiled and pompous king to begin with I don't think many people back in the states really gave a damn what he thought, so long as we were no longer subject to his whims.

Why do you think a British king was a prince of Rome? I'm sure Rome doesn't like giving away its power base, either, and if you remember England had a pretty bad spat with Rome which is probably what gave rise to this arrangement in the first place. Same thing going on with America. They knew the people were fed up and it was no point trying to kill off at least 1/3 of the population of the colonies, so they had to give it up.

It goes without saying they'd be immediately trying to scam us again. But because of the conflict of mentalities between common people and authorities that persists until this day, you had the War of 1812, Texan Revolution, Civil War, and to this day you and me are still educating ourselves and trying to rid ourselves of this persistent cancer are we not?

We still have a long way to go to completely decimate their sneaky little power bases, but there are way too many of us waking up to them way too fast today for them to be comfortable with what they continue to do, in the US, Europe, Australia, wherever they can get a paw in. In a way we are still fighting for freedom and should ALWAYS be vigilant about that.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
At the risk of being rude, i think you sound like a typical insular american, you are unaware of things outside of your country. Here in Europe the press regularly report on corruption inside the government, the people at large believe their governments are corrupt. Consider the expenses scandal in the UK, currently three Labour MP's are still in court, the public is beyond angry and the politicians had to pay back a ton of what they stole.

So you think all the corruption in your country to be had, is being had, in courts, and so every really is still fine and dandy.

They expose a lot of corruption over here too you know, but not nearly enough now do they?

And you think your country is different?

I'm not saying the US is less corrupt than any of your countries, but if you have convinced yourself that all major corruption is rooted out by your press and court system, let me suggest to you that you too are a sheep. Bahh bahh. Have you ever seen American media? I live with it. It's blatantly corrupted. I don't think you properly understand the depth of the psychology they use on masses of people. No, actually, if you really believe what you posted above, I KNOW you don't.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

So you think all the corruption in your country to be had, is being had, in courts, and so every really is still fine and dandy.

They expose a lot of corruption over here too you know, but not nearly enough now do they?

And you think your country is different?

I'm not saying the US is less corrupt than any of your countries, but if you have convinced yourself that all major corruption is rooted out by your press and court system, let me suggest to you that you too are a sheep. Bahh bahh. Have you ever seen American media? I live with it. It's blatantly corrupted. I don't think you properly understand the depth of the psychology they use on masses of people. No, actually, if you really believe what you posted above, I KNOW you don't.

Lol i believe what i posted however i don't believe your twisted version of what i posted. Obviously there is corruption that does not get exposed, however we do expose a little more than the US system and that is obvious from the public outrage and criminal proceedings currently ongoing in the UK.

What is it with you and putting words in peoples mouths?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Lol i believe what i posted however i don't believe your twisted version of what i posted. Obviously there is corruption that does not get exposed, however we do expose a little more than the US system and that is obvious from the public outrage and criminal proceedings currently ongoing in the UK.

What is it with you and putting words in peoples mouths?

I didn't put words in your mouth, I take exception to your attitude that the UK is not as corrupt as the US, as if you have any less to worry about. I guarantee all the abuses of the US government and the powers that surround it and manipulate it, are simultaneously at work in your own country, and abroad all over the world wherever these international corporations, banks, and other elite interests have hold. These people are effectively above the law because they manipulate the people who write them.

The Rockefellers, such as David Rockefeller who is a senior member of the Council on Foreign Relations, member of the Bilderbergs, and founder of the Trilateral Commission, are amongst the most corrupt, elitist families operating inside the US today. David Rockefeller openly admitted to trying to consolidate our nations into a one-world government. Who did his grandfather J.D. Rockefeller sell 80% of the stock of his massive oil company to? The Rothschilds, grotesquely wealthy, elite British bankers, who are infamous in their own right. What name is stamped on all the gold that is supposedly in Fort Knox and backing our currency (even though it doesn't really back our currency anymore at all)? Rothschild. British. There is legislation from right after the Civil War asserting that the entire US is nothing but a British corporation. Our problems are the same problems, and the corruption is the same source of corruption. I'm not talking about petty pawns of politicians but the people who really run the show, are more wealthy than any government official, pay off the politicians, and have their laws passed and enforced.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I didn't put words in your mouth, I take exception to your attitude that the UK is not as corrupt as the US, as if you have any less to worry about. I guarantee all the abuses of the US government and the powers that surround it and manipulate it, are simultaneously at work in your own country, and abroad all over the world wherever these international corporations, banks, and other elite interests have hold. These people are effectively above the law because they manipulate the people who write them.

I take exception to your inability to see the very obvious difference between the UK and USA. In the UK there are currently several government officials in the middle of criminal proceedings, prime ministers, both ex and current have been forced into public hearings, various records have had to be turned over and many MP's have been sacked. The USA has hardly any of this going on so yeah there is a big difference and that is what i was pointing out in response to someone else.

The Rockefellers, such as David Rockefeller who is a senior member of the Council on Foreign Relations, member of the Bilderbergs, and founder of the Trilateral Commission, are amongst the most corrupt, elitist families operating inside the US today. [SNIP]

i cut this off because the quote wass massive but anyone can read the full thing above. If the NWO exists then the corruption is global, however within that system there are still levels of corruption and i am pointing out that at least the UK people take a little action when we're annoyed and get people fired and investigated. I am further pointing out that our press seems more free to expose politicians compared to the USA media.

Now as all of this can be seen and documented i fail to see why you're so upset when someone points it out. all the US media seems to do is talk about how Obama shouldn't be president and that socialism is coming to a housing block near you.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You can have as much comfort as you want in your IngSoc, brother, and thinking that your country is a saint compared to the US. Your government pretty much already is socialist. At least I'm still allowed to buy hand guns and have blades longer than so many inches, but I'm sure you already think those are awful freedoms too.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You can have as much comfort as you want in your IngSoc, brother, and thinking that your country is a saint compared to the US. Your government pretty much already is socialist. At least I'm still allowed to buy hand guns and have blades longer than so many inches, but I'm sure you already think those are awful freedoms too.

So not only putting words in my mouth but now predicting how i think, this is very strange behavior on a debating forum so i better set you straight.

I oppose the handgun ban and have written to MP's about it, i also think people should be allowed to carry folding knives without trouble, so you are again wrong. I also never said my country is a saint compared to yours i merely pointed out it was better at battling corruption or at least we seem to be and you have yet to actually respond to the arguments made. Well other than to throw out little attacks on me instead of directly addressing what i have said.

My government is pretty much already socialist? What world are you living in? You really are an insular american to believe this nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join