It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe divorcing America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
As one might suspect, the issues in complicated "divorces" can be astronomical given cases in which huge monetary/property/ecomomic systems are involved...

If there is going to be a "divorce" where and how is the divvying going to take place?

Show me me a plausible scenario...

Hard numbers please, I mean, if we're going to speculate than let's make this real...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
As one might suspect, the issues in complicated "divorces" can be astronomical given cases in which huge monetary/property systems are involved...

If there is going to be a "divorce" where and how is the divvying going to take place?

So, show me me a plausible scenario...

Hard numbers please, I mean, if we're going to speculate than let's make this real...

I think there's a prenuptial agreement recorded somewhere.
Somebody told me that it's either in the Vatican Library, or hidden at the bottom of the Duke of Edinburgh's sock drawer. I can't remember which.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Ah - now that is plausible -

Now - someone "in the know" has to produce that puppy...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If the USA were to split , say into little autonomies districts , and some of the north eastern states, as you know them , were to return to a kind of Euro protected autonomous independent jurisdiction . Would you fight them , on the basis of it were in some way euro controlled ?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Drexl]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OddTimeSignature

You speak for all of Europe? You must be very powerful and important.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This thread is jam packed with meaningless metaphors and unrealistic points of view.

I did however, find it very entertaining and funny.

I enjoyed this thread despite the bitter arguments over alimony.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

You speak for all of Europe? You must be very powerful and important.

Off course not and no...This thread is reflecting what i read from blogs in Europe...my view of ats is that many here are high educated and sometimes very bright, so i wanted to hear their reflection and there after make my opinion...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
This thread is jam packed with meaningless metaphors and unrealistic points of view.

I did however, find it very entertaining and funny.

I enjoyed this thread despite the bitter arguments over alimony.

There are a full spectrum in ways you can form a thread or a question, the level is set thereafter...This thread can from some angles be light and muddy...but the interesting part is to decrypt the many answers to get a meaningful symbiotic answer...

Thanks and greetings \\ OTS

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If their alliance with Europe falls , they could form themselves an alliance of the occupiers. Themselves and Israel. I don't see why they have to make anymore pretence about it any longer, we all know it's about occupation for oil . Only people that still believe they are chasing terrorists are rednecks gleaning the info from a car bumper sticker. America ought to forego it's false status of a righteous nation and come clean . Join the alliance of the thieves, in decades to come in the history books , we could point to them as having a modicum, an iota at least of honesty.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Drexl]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Actually, when I was living in England, they tended to be far more pro-America than pro-France or Germany, etc...
Some even became quite offended when I referred to them as european...they claimed either they were western, or simply british...denying their forced linking to the continent..

Yep, I think this true for most of us - certainly in England... I think the Scots like the French because they are both our traditional enemies, but I can't really speak for Scotland. But yes, Saturn FX is right, culturally we're much closer to the US than Europe... And no, I don't consider myself to be European.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
As an american I would hope America gets allimony and chid support especially for saving them in WWII.

we already payed oure depts hundred of times....
if there was no profit on it america NEVER went to war at ww2...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Europe divorcing America ???

well that's not unusual
the states want to do that too
and some are in the works

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

As an american I would hope America gets allimony and chid support especially for saving them in WWII.

What a load of rubbish

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Dear Europe,

I realize our relationship has been rough as of late and I can understand you wanting to explore your options. But, I do have to say that we've been through alot together. At first we did move out of your apartment (it was just getting to stuffy) but you did help us out on the first months rent at our new digs. We do appreciate that more than you could know. Please don't forget how well we worked together when your ex showed up- both times. He certainly did do a number on you both times- but we got rid of his ass together both times. Do you remember your crazy neighbor camping on your front porch for 50 years? Man, that was a trip- not to mention the crazy Mexican stand off- whew I'm glad that's over with. Well, as we go our separate ways I hope you can do well for yourself- I suppose after that crazy neighbor cleaned himself up he didn't turn out half bad as a partner, I guess. He's kind of pushy in my opinion, but that's the choice you've made.

Love,
America

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

obtw..... We did save europe in WWII no matter what you think.

This matter is pointless. If Europe had been filled with uncivilized peasants the US would have never set foot on D-DAY beaches. They saw an opportunity to take over the world's economy after decades of isolation. And they did.

Europe divorcing America? seriously? With all the interests that we share on a lot of issues, the military bases still in US hjands more than 50 years after the war...and so on...
You gotta be kidding me? Think you can take on the world on your own? Once Europe is not gonna be there anymore to take the first hits, you'll see what happens when boatloads of ignorant Chinese soldiers set foot on California. Because if Obama continues Bush's policies, that's what will happen

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
So you know who our lawyer is in these divorce proceedings is Gloria Allred,look out europe she'll take you for everything.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If Europe wants a divorce...go. Like I told my ex-wife some 12 years ago..." Thanks for some wonderful memories, I wish you well, and never call me ever again."

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
If Europe wants a divorce...go. Like I told my ex-wife some 12 years ago..." Thanks for some wonderful memories, I wish you well, and never call me ever again."

Don't worry.. We won't..

BTW.. We slept with your best friend and your brother on our wedding night but you're never gonna be able to prove it so Im taking everything..

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

This is Exactly what destinguisish Europeans from Americans this stupid statement.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
People divorce all the time

Let them divorce

We can increase jobs in our country and manufacture our own goods...Obviously and fix the broken american economy.

It's not a problem at all really. I don't even care. I don't hate europeans but they sure do hate americans

It's okay until all the europeans revolt against all the mcdonalds in their countries than america is safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join