Morgellons Disease: You need to hear about this!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pryde87
This is ridiculous. It is nothing more than peoples paranoid fantasies coupled with a low intelligence/mental illness or a desire for attention. Some of these posts so far have made me laugh, there are people on here who would jump at their own shadow. The government is not releasing super nano technology bugs into the water supply which turns you into a human sewing machine. I would advise a trip to the psychiatrist for those who have this "disease". As mentioned by some of the more straigh forward posters on here, it is a hypochondriacs dream

I would thank you for your submission were it meaningful, but it is not, so I will not!
Let me clear a few simple things up for you - I suffer from the disorder. I am neither paranoid nor a hypochondriac. My IQ is well above 140, qualifying me for Mensa, so I have no issues will low intelligence. I have been through numerous psyche profiles and was found to be well within normal ranges on everything and was confirmed to not suffer from parasitosis. No one has claimed that the government is putting super nano technology bugs into the water supply, however we do know that it appears to be present in the water supply.

Your response illustrates the ignorance of the masses when it comes to things that they fear or cannot understand - which is it for you?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

I see that you got a lot of stars for this comment, but I would like to say to you: Your attitude only makes it worse for people who have this debilitating disease, and it IS real. I suggest you do research and watch the videos on youtube, some you canNOT deny. Read about it, you will see that these people are not ALL making it up, there is too much evidence to ignore.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Not to single anyone out, but those of you who claim this is a ficticious, or non-existent disease obviously have not done much research on it. After reading the articles and links posted by others I believe there is a mountain of evidence that this disease is very real and very dangerous.

What makes this disease so much more dangerous than others is it's ability to modify the individual at the genetic level. Perhaps those who have the disease are not the end result? Perhaps it will be three or five generations from now where we see humans who have been fully changed by the disease passed to them genetically over the generations. The implications of such a disease or beyond ignoring, and the fact NO ONE can give any real concrete reason as to how or why it occurs furthers the idea that this something unlike anything we have seen since the introduction of HIV to the populace through the polio vaccine. (Yes that is a conspiracy too, search SV-42)

What I also find incredably interesting about the disease is the fact that so many claim to not suffer from any other more common illnesses after contracting it, such as the flu, colds and other minor infections. If there is some validity to this claim, then it would seem Morgellons disease also manipulates the body's immune system, which in itself is terrifying.

Make no mistake people, this truly can be considered our modern day black plague.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

The "disease" itself is just a misdiagnosis of other existing conditions and as I mentioned a mental condition. In a study by McCall and Watson et al, 94% of sufferers had delusional parasitosis. Which in straight talking terms, means they imagine the symptoms.

I am not denying the symptoms exist, just that they are caused by other things. Morgellons is just a convenient illness for people to have who dont understand what is wrong with them. There may be something wrong with you, but its just not Morgellans.....because it doesnt exist. If it did, it wouldnt be such a fringe topic and would be well researched and not discredited by about 90% of the medical community.

People on this site claim to be opening there minds, but some of them open them a bit too much so that they get filled with this kind of garbage. For gods sake, even Wikipedia can tell you that its a load of rubbish. Scientific journals dont even take it seriously.

As for putting me on ignore, I wish people like you would, it saves me having to read through your pompous replies.

Anyway, dont let me ruin your fun, if you want to have an imaginary illness and go on speculating about how it is contracted and cured, then please go ahead. I will just sit here reading quietly, having a little giggle.

I urge you to read up on the topic before you get so defensive of it.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

I have been hearing about Morgellons for awhile now, years I believe. It is kind of freaking me out that it is now in Florida, California, and Texas. Last I heard it was ONLY in Texas, near the Mexican Border. Kind of freaky, I have personally not known anyone to have this, but I will be more wary about people now. Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
eeeeee, what a scary sounding disease. I like to think everything can be treated with diet and exercise, but this one seems beyond that. I feel for the people who have developed this disease. It does sound like poisoning, or an allergic reaction, that is somehow infectious like a virus born disease.

When I read the first article, I thought it seemed to be pretty much a result of genetically modified foods. I think that is a time bomb that is pretty much destined to backfire on us, and I still find it hard to believe this stuff was so quickly introduced into the environment.

However the letter from the lady whose family is suffering from this makes it sound like a result from nano technology, which was used to treat sewage at one time. In addition, it seems like this disease does seem to cluster in certain areas, which makes me think that it is more a result of a localized environmental factor. Maybe it s a combination of exposure to nano tech and genetically modified foods.

It sounds like enough tests have been done to show this is for real, so I don't get why people are clinging to denial of this serious disease.

Here is a pretty good article on the subject. This fills in a lot of the blanks, and concentrates on the role of agrobacterium.

www.globalresearch.ca...

The association of Morgellons Disease with dirt and soil where Agrobacterium lives, the widespread use of Agrobacterium in genetic engineering of plants, and the ability of Agrobacterium to infect human cells, all point towards a possible role of genetic engineering in the aetiology of Morgellans disease via Agrobacterium.

Extensive genetic manipulation of Agrobacterium does have the potential to transform it into an aggressive human pathogen. Genetic engineering is nothing if not enhanced and facilitated horizontal gene transfer and recombination, which is widely acknowledged to be the main route for creating new pathogens. Mae-Wan Ho was among an international panel of scientists have raised this very issue in 1998, calling for a public enquiry into the possible contributions of genetic engineering biotechnology to the aetiology of infectious diseases which has greatly increased since genetic engineering began in the 1970s [16].

The epidemiological data of Morgellons Disease are very incomplete, and the Morgellons Research Foundation’s registry of more than 12 000 families afflicted worldwide is almost certainly only a fraction of the emerging epidemic. Still, it is significant that the majority of the cases are in the United States, the first country to release GM crops and remaining the top producer ever since.

very scary.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

then you should be addressing him in particular, about what he thinks is going on in his body

I was addressing him in particular, until you stuck you size nines in. It was a reply to him regarding HIS symptoms as he presented them.

where'd you get your Phd?

University of Central England, Birmingham, UK, September 2008, You?

so like...
like "water dripping down the leg" sensation.. being attributed to Multiple Schlerosis.. which is clinically diagnosed and medically treated..
or no like.. heat flashes which signal menopause which is medically treated.
oh wait no.. the memory loss from Alzheimers is psychosomatic.. and has no biologic role.. and isn't treated medically.. oh wait yes it is..

I never said that psychosematic or neurological conditions weren't treated or treatable. Oh and Alzheimer's is neurological, not psychosematic, caused by damage to the neural pathways. Neurological does not mean anything like psychosematic, it is damage caused to any part of the nervous system, from the brain to the ends of the nerves and physically quite real.

As for the rest of this post, it is simply insulting and name calling and so doesn't deserve a response.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Pryde87 I am suprised and I have say that I respect what you just posted and I agree with a lot of it and in saying that, I got you all wrong. I offer my apologies to you as I really launched into you assuming you were baiting and trolling with a view only to a kill.

I have retracted my original post where I confronted you and I must remember that it is easy to take things and people the wrong way in forums.

I am sincerely sorry for my own diatribe against you and I have deleted my original post to you.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]
*REMOVED ORIGINAL POST*

[edit on 14-4-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Thanks for your reply. Maybe you could offer some insight into the topic though next time instead of just picking your argument with my attitude. Why do you believe what you do? Why am I wrong? Tell me and discuss. If you dont like opinion then this site isnt for you.

You can hurl insults at me all day under the mask of elequence or you can actually state some fact. You seem quite happy with yourself for linking cattle mutilation and an imaginary disease....High Five! Personally, I believe it was HAARP.

That is the problem with ATS, people love to speculate about wild and crazy ideas until they actually end up believing them themselves. If there were more people who thought logically on this site we would get a lot further. The sad truth is that most explanations are boring and people with a penchant for the extraordinary prefere to believe the interesting explanation, which is 9 times out of 10 wrong.

Anyway, lets not get too off topic. Back to Morgellons, why would it be linked to cattle mutilation, where does the disease come from, is it alien or government created, wheres the conspiracy?

You already know I believe it to be delusional parasitosis. Now its your turn.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

chem trails are not chaff
chaff is a product r3eleased to absorb specific radar frequencies, and is usually stripe or chips of laminated tin foil

and I would like to know how one gets "samples" of chem trails that have any scientific value without actually getting it while trailing the chem plane

additionally, (not directly at poster) it seems nanotechnology did not as such exist in 1993

en.wikipedia.org...

has any "verified lab, hospital, or clinic actually done the thread removals. many of the examples listed are "personally collected samples"

lots of conjecture & hype, not many facts

(and for the record, I do not believe, or dis believe at this time. but there are not many actual scientific studies to cite, very few that do not "loop link" each other, so I can not form an opinion and at the same time "deny ignorance"

dr

[edit on 14-4-2010 by dr dodge]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Well I definitely had depression, but that was just part of it. Do you think that insomnia is regular for someone who is depressed? Bi-polar would be a better fit. There were many physical symptoms. You do realize that what affects the mind, effects the body, and vice versa, correct? It seemed as if my body organs were both working overdrive, and becoming weakened.

I personally believe this had something to do with having out of whak biofilms inside the GI tract. It could have been anything, really, but I know that changing my diet, and supplementing with various herbs, spices, & nutrients helped out a lot.

Could there have been nano mixed into this? Yes.

Could there have been GMO's in the mix? Yes

Could all of this still be inside of me somehow more integrated and less malignant? Yes.

Could none of this be true and it's all symptoms of a purely neurological condition. Yes.

I've decided not to judge the situation because I don't really have a clue what's real, from what's possible.

That's okay, too. As long as I don't pick a conclusion that hasn't been proven, it is what it is.

I had symptoms, found an alternative fix which is just high doses of certain vitamins, and have moved on . .

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Did you read the link that I provided. There is identified solid evidence that this is a real problem.

Why do you cling to the delusional parasitosis belief?

Actually, nine people out of ten believe what they are told to believe.

One out of ten questions the official explanations, and looks at the situation a little closer, keeping an open mind.

Is it the people who question the official explanation the ones who are delusional, or the ones who refuse to look at other possibilities who are delusional?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Good Lord, now I'm 100% sure that my hemorrhoids are from alien probing.

People, it's putting up with ridiculous topics like these that keeps quality alternative theories from being accepted. Crazy people always think they're right, that's why they're crazy. It's DELUSIONAL PARASITOSIS, or thinking you've got crabs when you don't.

Personally, if someone told me that some belief I held was wrong and that I needed medication, I'd take the damn medication and see if I still felt that way. The idiot patients who have this that call doctors "closed-minded" for not taking it seriously should try being a little open-minded themselves... take the drugs, maybe you're wrong.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pryde87

Originally posted by Pryde87 reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Thanks for your reply. Maybe you could offer some insight into the topic though next time instead of just picking your argument with my attitude.

You might be right but I am human and when I see ignorance and a post aimed only to cause pain to others then sometimes I break with character and I engage it. It is not personal I do not even know you but your post raised my hackles because firstly it was not needed in my opinion and secondly I could not understand why the negativity. In any case I jumped the gun and made a backside of myself.

Originally posted by Pryde87 Why do you believe what you do? Why am I wrong?

I believe what I do because there are vast swathes of data on the condition and they cannot all be the imaginations of a fevered and self deluded mind.

The condition is ongoing and seems to jump species so unless a dog can develop its owners condition the idea that it is all in the mind just does not seem correct. That is why I think you were wrong in the argument you put forward and wrong in the way you put it as you went under the assumption that sufferers are self deluded and as if they do not have enough to deal with they must be idiots too?

Originally posted by Pryde87 Tell me and discuss. If you dont like opinion then this site isnt for you.

Now this is more like it and this site is for me but I only doubt it when I come across posts such as you wrote earlier in this thread that derided and ridiculed the Morgellons sufferer out of hand and with no care for how it would make them feel. Humans are humans even if you cannot see them your words can still hurt them and what goes around comes right back at you eventually I know that from experience. I digress.

It is great that you are willing to discuss because when you entered the thread you seemed to enter with your mind already made up and to attack but that said I am happy to discuss of course and I obviously mistook you for a bad egg.

Originally posted by Pryde87 You can hurl insults at me all day under the mask of elequence or you can actually state some fact. You seem quite happy with yourself for linking cattle mutilation and an imaginary disease....High Five!

Thanks but I have to say that sarcasm has been mentioned somewhere I forget as being the lowest form of wit but we have butted heads enough and I see nothing to be gained from continuing our war of words especially as you are willing to discuss the condition as I am.

As to fact well all I can post is what I have read as I have never met a Morgellons sufferer and I have not developed the condition so I probably know as much as the next person but that said I am always reading more on the subject and all we can really do is share what we know.

Originally posted by Pryde87 Personally, I believe it was HAARP. That is the problem with ATS, people love to speculate about wild and crazy ideas until they actually end up believing them themselves.

I have heard theories on it being HAARP too and I agree that people here love to speculate about wild ideas until the actually believe them but I do not see that as necessarily a bad thing because in speculating it is easy to start to believe after a long while of going round and round and I am certainly guilty of that myself.

I do not see how HAARP could account for the strange physiological symptoms and I would think the probable cause lies more with a virus or bacterium that seems on face value to have been purposefully manipulated in a lab rather than with a technological device that is purported to interact directly with the environment.

Originally posted by Pryde87 If there were more people who thought logically on this site we would get a lot further. The sad truth is that most explanations are boring and people with a penchant for the extraordinary prefere to believe the interesting explanation, which is 9 times out of 10 wrong.

I cannot disagree with you there and in agreeing with you I certainly feel guilty for my bad behaviour towards you earlier and I have to ask you to accept my sincere apologies as I realise I can come across as pompous but that said intonation, facial expression and body language is very difficult if not impossible to get across in a faceless online environment.

I am now guilty of attacking a member I had assumed to be a baiting troll and though others might be able to attack another in forums all over, I find the energy distasteful and not at all welcome even though at the time I believed that you deserved it (but not now).

Obviously I need to log off for a while and regain my perspective as I never thought I would behave in such a way and I am not happy to have hindsight after the fact - foresight before the act would be much more useful.

Originally posted by Pryde87 Anyway, lets not get too off topic. Back to Morgellons, why would it be linked to cattle mutilation, where does the disease come from, is it alien or government created, wheres the conspiracy? You already know I believe it to be delusional parasitosis. Now its your turn.

As the OP linked on page one there is a part of the article ...

The results showed that the fibers were made from human serum albumin (the liquid part of human blood that contains proteins) and cytoskeletal keratin (the stuff our hair and fingernails are made from). That would be expected if these fibers were just fine body hairs or fuzz, but what was making them fluorescent?
Upon further examination, the fluorescent properties were found to come from a soluble substance that contained proteins from some very unusual organisms:
• a protein found in cow's milk (casein alpha S1)

As you are no doubt aware from reading accounts of cattle mutilations, often the animals have their udders partially or totally removed. That is why I think there may be significance, a link to the cattle mutilations when it comes to the overall Morgellons phenomenon. Of course this is a new theory that I have only started thinking about as this link was only made by me after reading this thread.

I intend to read much more on Morgellons and cattle mutilations with a mind to finding some sort of common ground between the two. I sincerely doubt I will find any proof I can use as evidence as I am just a normal Joe and not a dedicated and skilled researcher but we all play our part I think.

The link seems to be sound and genuine and I see no reason to doubt that cow proteins have been found in the Morgellons fibres.
Once again, my apologies for earlier – time to log off and get a grip!

PS: I am not eloquent as you say, I just happen to have a knack for smoothing out a sentence or three, but I thank you anyway.

Have a star

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Yes! That's the one. Thanks for looking it up & posting the link.

Much appreciated.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This affliction is very real,

go here if you think this person is delusional, look at the photos.

brandytwirl.multiply.com...

this can be treated in many ways, through some of the support groups my family was helped, but not ever were we ever taken seriously by any Main Stream Doctor, ever.

I stopped posting after the idiotic posts about all these persons being delusional.
Thant is offensive

Edit, this page being an advertisement for Nutra Silver, I can tell you that I used this and it does not work.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by commondreamer]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by commondreamer

Please don't leave, Commondreamer. I believe you & trust that you aren't delusional. You said that your pets got it & I had asked you in a previous post what the vet said. I believe that our animal docs have not been infiltrated by the pharma companies & big gov't yet. They also are used to working with those who cannot tell their symptoms & unable to have psychosymatic symptoms about parasites. Please answer. I feel that it is a piece of the puzzle.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Afterthought]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Afterthought]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Would it even be an issue if it was so easily credited as hairs from clothes or animals? I think the only arrogance being shown is from you. Are you a doctor that not only has actually studied this disorder, but can show us your studies of the disorder? Unless that's the case you just have no idea what you're talking about. What if these people are going through a legitimate problem, but people like you tell them they aren't....what are these people suppose to do? I think you should just take a step back from judging people's lives and try consoling people with problems...just my opinion though.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by commondreamer

I agree with you, some posters here do not understand what having a chronic illness entails, especially one so strange and debilitating as this. I thank you commondreamer for your input and being testament that this disease exists and has deeply hurt many people. Know most of us feel for you and wish to help any way we can.

This disease is not a delusion, the delusion is believing that the doctors always know best and are right.

DENY IGNORANCE!!!!!!

Please, for all future posters, do not post a negative comment unless you have supporting evidence, it is offensive and hurtful to those who suffer with this disease.

Oh and yes i know what "chaff" is, I was using the term loosely for the released particles, but thank you for clarifying it for others.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Wow, you people are such fear mongers.

So let me see here..."Morgellons" is a bio-engineered disease but they refuse to pay attention because they themselves made it but Swine flu was bio-engineered yet they still made attempts to cure it with vaccines and that meant they were trying to spread and kill off the population? I don't get you people and your conspiracy theories regarding diseases/disorders/illnesses.

The fibers are a byproduct of a biological organism! What else are they? Honestly.

It is a serious disease or disorder, whatever you want to call it but what you are doing is simply fear mongering.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join