Morgellons Disease: You need to hear about this!

page: 12
110
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982
 


The answer to that is "education". I f you are taught "wrongly" Then your belief system and judgemental reasoning is impaired. Instead of looking at this subject as something needing to be proven, Look at Morgellons as fact and You prove it doesnt exist! I




posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent
 


You are right about "Contagion" being a scary movie. It's scary, because it is real-life. Emerging viruses are a threat to us, coming from sources already in nature, randomly meeting up and mutating. Like one character says (paraphrased) "No one has to weaponize bird flu because the birds are doing it for us." I suggest you read "The Coming Plague", which was recently updated.
It's not an easy read, but shows the science involved with hunting, categorizing, and attempting to treat REAL diseases.
"Morgellons" is not real, except in the minds of the gullible who believe in playing the victim role in the "they are out to get us" scenario. Anything presented to science, real science, has been identified as fibers from clothing or paper products. Sores are because these people pick at themselves, sometimes using acidic or caustic agents, which will damage skin and slow proper healing. They meet the criteria for further diagnosis into possible mental issues.
Here's something to think about: How many non-conspiracy, non-alternative medicine first, non-internet diagnosticians have presented the same constellation of symptoms, had tests done and were found to be infested with some unknown parasite? I've researched.....none. It's all people who also believe in "chemtrails" and every other conspiracy myth that presents itself.
They need to stop playing the victim. Learn some real microbiology. Stop using YouTube for medical information. Stop believing everyone who thinks the great unnamed "They" are out to get you. Until you can prove otherwise.
YouTube videos don't prove anything other than some people will believe anything.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay
 


So you really think people will learn the truth about things by believing in things first and only look for facts that support that belief?
Really???
That makes conspiracy theory a religion, and belief in conspiracies a matter of faith.
Please look at all the religious knocking found here on ATS. Apply it to your suggestion.
Unfortunately for you and "morgellons" believers, there is real science available for the matters like "morgellons fibers/bugs/nano-whatevers", which was settled by proper sampling and microscopy as being cellulose fibers from clothing and paper. And lots of glitter.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
reply to post by ofhumandescent
 


You are right about "Contagion" being a scary movie. It's scary, because it is real-life. Emerging viruses are a threat to us, coming from sources already in nature, randomly meeting up and mutating. Like one character says (paraphrased) "No one has to weaponize bird flu because the birds are doing it for us." I suggest you read "The Coming Plague", which was recently updated.
It's not an easy read, but shows the science involved with hunting, categorizing, and attempting to treat REAL diseases.
"Morgellons" is not real, except in the minds of the gullible who believe in playing the victim role in the "they are out to get us" scenario. Anything presented to science, real science, has been identified as fibers from clothing or paper products. Sores are because these people pick at themselves, sometimes using acidic or caustic agents, which will damage skin and slow proper healing. They meet the criteria for further diagnosis into possible mental issues.
Here's something to think about: How many non-conspiracy, non-alternative medicine first, non-internet diagnosticians have presented the same constellation of symptoms, had tests done and were found to be infested with some unknown parasite? I've researched.....none. It's all people who also believe in "chemtrails" and every other conspiracy myth that presents itself.
They need to stop playing the victim. Learn some real microbiology. Stop using YouTube for medical information. Stop believing everyone who thinks the great unnamed "They" are out to get you. Until you can prove otherwise.
YouTube videos don't prove anything other than some people will believe anything.




The CDC decide to launch an investigation on this 'unexplainable condition'

www.timesocket.com...

Even a pediatrician, Dr. Greg Smith, claims to have had some fibers growing out of his big toe and is baffled by it.
Then the CDC reported its findings and said there were no fibers growing out of the skin. The fibers came from the patients' own clothes after scratching.

I don't know, I find that very weird. There are so many sufferers out there that I can't just say it's all in their minds. Something is not right.
edit on 14-8-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I agree with an earlier post that common dreamer should start a thread since he has this disease like where he may have contracted it like through the workplace or ...ect This is a very scary but interesting thread and would like to hear more...



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl
 





Okay, if Morgellons is not real then why did the CDC decide to launch an investigation on this 'unexplainable condition'?


And do you know what they said about Morgellons....


In January 2008, CDC began an investigation that sought to better understand an unexplained apparent dermopathy, commonly referred to as Morgellons. CDC partnered with Kaiser Permanente (KP) - Northern California, a large group health plan in an area where many possible cases had been reported, and the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, to begin a comprehensive clinical and laboratory study of this condition


And this is the summary of that study...


Results of the study, published in PloS One show this condition appears to be uncommon among a population representative of Northern California residents. Skin damage from the sun was the most common skin abnormality found, and no single underlying medical condition or infectious source was identified. Upon thorough analysis, most sores appeared to result from chronic scratching and picking, without an underlying cause. The materials and fibers obtained from skin-biopsy specimens were mostly cellulose, compatible with cotton fibers.


And lastly this...


This comprehensive study of an unexplained apparent dermopathy demonstrated no infectious cause and no evidence of an environmental link. There was no indication that it would be helpful to perform additional testing for infectious diseases as a potential cause. Future efforts should focus on helping patients reduce their symptoms through careful attention to treatment of co-existing medical, including psychiatric conditions, that might be contributing to their symptoms.


www.cdc.gov...



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
"Morgellons" is not real, except in the minds of the gullible who believe in playing the victim role in the "they are out to get us" scenario. Anything presented to science, real science, has been identified as fibers from clothing or paper products. Sores are because these people pick at themselves, sometimes using acidic or caustic agents, which will damage skin and slow proper healing. They meet the criteria for further diagnosis into possible mental issues.

True. It's amazing how well psychological treatment works to get rid of this "disease." And right behind it is fibromyalgia, which a number of these people probably also claim to have. It's called not getting out in the fields and doing some hard manual labor. These people sit around and focus on themselves until they go nuts.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by texasgirl
 





Okay, if Morgellons is not real then why did the CDC decide to launch an investigation on this 'unexplainable condition'?


And do you know what they said about Morgellons....


In January 2008, CDC began an investigation that sought to better understand an unexplained apparent dermopathy, commonly referred to as Morgellons. CDC partnered with Kaiser Permanente (KP) - Northern California, a large group health plan in an area where many possible cases had been reported, and the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, to begin a comprehensive clinical and laboratory study of this condition


And this is the summary of that study...


Results of the study, published in PloS One show this condition appears to be uncommon among a population representative of Northern California residents. Skin damage from the sun was the most common skin abnormality found, and no single underlying medical condition or infectious source was identified. Upon thorough analysis, most sores appeared to result from chronic scratching and picking, without an underlying cause. The materials and fibers obtained from skin-biopsy specimens were mostly cellulose, compatible with cotton fibers.


And lastly this...


This comprehensive study of an unexplained apparent dermopathy demonstrated no infectious cause and no evidence of an environmental link. There was no indication that it would be helpful to perform additional testing for infectious diseases as a potential cause. Future efforts should focus on helping patients reduce their symptoms through careful attention to treatment of co-existing medical, including psychiatric conditions, that might be contributing to their symptoms.


www.cdc.gov...



Yes, I know. I edited my post but you must've caught it before I changed it. They started the investigation in 2006 and I wonder why it took them so long to post their findings?

There are so many sufferers that I am leaning toward believing them. There are several forums on this by the afflicted and they sound so desperate, yet sane.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Texas girl you should know

The classification of delusions of parasitosis is complicated. It is considered primarily a monosymptomatic hypochondriacal psychosis and has been associated with schizophrenia, obsessional states, bipolar disorder, depression, and anxiety disorders. Delusions of parasitosis occur primarily in white middle-aged or older women, although the condition has been reported in all age groups and in men. emedicine.medscape.com...


I am very happy that after years of nobody, but my mum being infected, that mad dog, has finally accepted they are not living things.
Unfortunately (being completely self-focussed) she has decided it is a skin condition! Thank God, some irresponsible person like you (dare I say equally arrogant) did not shove this literature under her nose, or else she would have jumped at it, as way of saying “I’m not mental” “I am special!” and “it’s the governments fault this disease has not been diagnosed!”.

The fact a government health department is unable to make more money for the discovery of a new disease & help their peers careers too by discovering a new diseases, all indicates this Morgellons Disease really is for those are so self-focussed, they really have become quite ill.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984
 


What did I say that made me irresponsible and possibly arrogant? All I said was that I was leaning toward believing them. I wasn't shoving ANYTHING under anybody's nose.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I am sorry for being irritable over this issue! It’s all to do with family politics, my grandfather (who despises my mother) tried to give her a newspaper article –not because he believes Morgellon’s is real either!!!
I made sure it went in the fire.

My main point is (with Delusional Parasitosis being clearly real & well established) the less attention this Morgellon’s “Disease” gets, the better (because there are many, many crazies who will cease on it, much to the expense of themselves & everyone else). With that said, this is my last post for this thread.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
I am sorry for being irritable over this issue! It’s all to do with family politics, my grandfather (who despises my mother) tried to give her a newspaper article –not because he believes Morgellon’s is real either!!!
I made sure it went in the fire.

My main point is (with Delusional Parasitosis being clearly real & well established) the less attention this Morgellon’s “Disease” gets, the better (because there are many, many crazies who will cease on it, much to the expense of themselves & everyone else). With that said, this is my last post for this thread.



I understand, it must be very emotional having a family member with some condition.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k
 


I didnt say that. It just seems that the opposition to Morgellons is inappropriate and sidetracks the intention of this thread. People are seriously hurting here. But one thing that doesnt make sense is animals shouldnt be getting this if it is targeting certain blood types. That is strange. Conclusion--- It is not targeting humans. It must be spread by contact within a certain area (close quarters) Those of you who have the disease need to find a common variable so you can discover the method of transmission.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I hope people will listen to me when I say Please dont turn your backs on this thread, Any of you. The fact that it is infectious to dogs also is a serious concern. That means it is a trans species infection which is killing some. Those of you with animals, my heart goes out to you. If this is becoming more widespread and affecting animals to boot. This is one of the scariest germs around. I think we all better take a closer look at this scenario.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chardonnay
I hope people will listen to me when I say Please dont turn your backs on this thread, Any of you. The fact that it is infectious to dogs also is a serious concern. That means it is a trans species infection which is killing some. Those of you with animals, my heart goes out to you. If this is becoming more widespread and affecting animals to boot. This is one of the scariest germs around. I think we all better take a closer look at this scenario.



What is happening to the animals that they think it's Morgellons?



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This one lady in this thread said she was watching her second dog die with this disease, I would assume the symptoms were enough alike for her to make that assumption. Ill Have to go back and read them but this was posted somewhere in the middle . I think someone mentioned horses too! I ll have to go back and check but this is alarming .Diseases don`t work that way. They are usually confined to one species.



posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ive been doing more research on the subject and apparently the animals succombed after their owners were infected. I believe they call it secondary.If I could make a guess, this has something to do with water contamination and or the methods used in treating it.This would account for the worldwide occurrences and their relative closeness to treatment plants. The bacteria and plankton that are used to break down the water contaminants into substances that can be removed could be one of the infecting agents. The fact that it is worldwide makes this a cause for major concern and the majority of people affected are RH negative indicates a need for research using those two statistics as its base. For those of you with lesions,clay is purported to help. I will do more research on this disease in my spare time



posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay
 


Has anyone considered the idea of radiation poisoning? I hope someone thinks about this. That would explain a lot.



posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Morgellons is going to turn out to have more than one single cause. The various descriptions of the disease, which are often almost identical in some places, can be radically different in others.

For example, I had this years ago, before I ever was on the Internet - in fact, probably before most people were. I knew it was a strange illness. I had weeping (moist) sores on my skin, mostly on the hands. I had whitish cotton-like fibers or fluff that was coming *out* of these sores. It kind of looked like laundry lint, but it had more of a string-like nature, and as I said, it came out of the sores. It certainly wasn't lint or something getting stuck, because I tried all kinds of ways to keep the sores covered to prevent that.

Anyway, after a while I realized that they weren't actually doing much to me, so I just ignored them. After perhaps a year or two, they just went away, without any lifestyle changes I can remember.

Others, I understand, are tormented by pain, itching, and multiple sores all over; and many people simply can't get rid of them. So it seems that, while many of my symptoms were the same, the outcome was way different.

CDC calls it "Unexplained Dermatopathy" which is medicalese for "Beats the hell out of us."

Personally I don't see any conspiracy here, just the usual resistance to recognizing a condition they never encountered before and that hasn't made it into the books yet. Happens all the time; it's just how science works. But of course that's just me, and I don't necessarily know what I'm talking about...



posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chardonnay
reply to post by chardonnay
 


Has anyone considered the idea of radiation poisoning? I hope someone thinks about this. That would explain a lot.


To my understanding, radiation poisoning can sometimes cause open sores like they have in Morgellons, but as far as I know you don't get those fibers coming out. I think the fibers are what make this disease so puzzling - where are they coming from? Is something causing the body to make them? Or is it some parasite? Or what?





new topics
top topics
 
110
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

log in

join