It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Cop, Bad Cop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian Why would you go and buy the things you can hardly afford when you could steal and get away with it?

Really? That's all that's stopping you from stealing?

Think about that. What is preventing you from committing any crime? If the cops went away over night what would be out doing tomorrow? If suddenly it was announced theft was now legal what would you do?

And Somalia doesnt have anarchy. It was warring gang factions within a border of international game playing politics. anarchy would be the absence of a governing entity. Somalia has several dozen impotent entities all battling each other thanks to international interference.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah but i bet he never, broke into a house, beat and tied up then entire family. robbed them. and decided they might describe him, then executed them.

just for his next fix.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Not for his next fix but for kicks. There was a relative of the Kenedys in CT who clubbed a little girl to death for kicks. A rich lawyer in Westport CT who climbed into his neighbors window and stabbed him to death for kicks.

Their motivation is the same as the thug on the New Haven street who shoots a kid riding his bike in the back of the head.

Kicks.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There are laws in this country against crue and unusual punishment. Therefore I declare that all police holding jails and all county cells should be shut. And for the safety of all the inmates in any kind of jail, these inmates should be all set free to go.

If any of you want to be a good cop, then make sure this happens in the name of upholding the law concerning crue and unusual punishment. No one should be subjected to any kind of filthy cell with who knows what virus or decease. There should indeed be some kind of health inpespection without advanced notice. According to the law it would be in the right to free the inmate/prisoners. Again, uphold the law against crue and unusual punishment. Or else, you are just as bad as they come.

What's this? I don't hear a single good cop wanting to uphold the very law they are supposed to enforce.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
False. Poverty is the #1 cause of crime. Period.

Because a rich guy never raped anyone?

Did I say it was the only reason?

Should I assume you believe that the reasons you listed are the ONLY ones that cause people to commit a crime?

Come on man, you know better than that.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

And Somalia doesnt have anarchy. It was warring gang factions within a border of international game playing politics. anarchy would be the absence of a governing entity. Somalia has several dozen impotent entities all battling each other thanks to international interference.

Exactly.

And I can't even believe that there are certain people who will always mix anarchy up with the wild wild west from the movies. Even in those western movies I don't see anarchy. I see the law and police present which means there is government still there.

My favorite western movie was Young Guns. Billy the Kid's attitude kind of reminds me of me. And I like how he saught being free as an outllaw regardless of the odds. "I like them odds," is what he said in one part.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yes, that is right. We need Police because we are not as civilized as we like to think we are, what are we gonna do to change that?

and Murder? or the other big crimes that we think we need police for? Mostly committed by people who a. get away with it cause the cops are busting the potheads, or b. are rich and can beat the system.

America has more people incarcerated than any other 1st world Country. More than China. roughly 45% of these inmates are in on drug charges, some states that number rises significantly.

How about human trafficking, the biggest upcoming new field in crime? You can sell a person over and over, drugs just once. America is the biggest buyer in this new and upcoming field, how often have you seen one of them busted on the news? ever?

Prison's create jobs and pay good money, you will notice no matter what, they can always keep their beds filled and growing. How is that, that crime has done nothing but rise since the 1950's, never seeming to go through a slow time? oh yes. more laws than ever and more money to go after petty crime than ever.

I agree, I'm not gonna say all cops are bad as people, but the whole system is bad. Prison doesnt reform people. Prosecutors have all the power and have a 90%+ conviction rate. I dont think most of you know that once the system has you in its crosshairs, unless you're rich, you're screwed.

How many of you know that if cops raid your house and find marijuana they can confiscate anything in your name (may be ties to the weed) house, car etc and even if you're found NOT GUILTY in Court, or they performed an illegal search, YOU AREN'T ALLOWED YOUR STUFF BACK. no bueno. you spend $$$ to fight in Court and then when you get off, you come out with nothing.

The system is broken, and I concur, we need a new way of life.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by itsblownbackbaby]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Be that as it may poverty is not the #1 cause of crime. It may be a statistic that criminals are often poor or living in poor neighborhoods but their crimes are not committed because they needed food or money for rent.

There are much deeper cultural causes involving abstract concepts such as "street-cred" and control. Nobody shoots a kid because they needed a loaf of bread. Nobody steals a car then ditches it a few hours later because their rent was due.

Sure, on paper you could probably lump them all up and say "look theyre all poor" but that is a cop-out ignoring the real thought that motivates these acts.

These same crimes are being committed by middle and upper class suburban kids at an increasing rate. Not because they are poor.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There are good cops and bad cops. You mention about jails and hand cuffs, well the simplest solutions is not go to jail or get arrested by the police. They have a job to do, and it is not an easy job, it is hard, very hard. Most have to justify their actions on reports and infront of not only their superiors, but also in front of a jury if a case goes to court. They can only do so much in a single day. You mention the jails, well from someone who has worked in one, and spoken to people who have worked in them, let me tell you, Jails are no longer a deterent for crimes. The inmates have rights that some lawyer fought for and got them. And those rougher jails, seems like the crime rates go down, like Phoenix with the Sherriff there, cause he believes that jail should not be a walk through but rough, tough and a place you do not want to go again.
I will caution anyone who wants to be a police officer, not cause it is not a good job, but because it is tough, rough and often thankless.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Be that as it may poverty is not the #1 cause of crime. It may be a statistic that criminals are often poor or living in poor neighborhoods but their crimes are not committed because they needed food or money for rent.

There are much deeper cultural causes involving abstract concepts such as "street-cred" and control. Nobody shoots a kid because they needed a loaf of bread. Nobody steals a car then ditches it a few hours later because their rent was due.

Sure, on paper you could probably lump them all up and say "look theyre all poor" but that is a cop-out ignoring the real thought that motivates these acts.

Poverty as a cause of crime is not limited to stealing so you can eat or keep a roof over your head.

There is a psychology that goes with poverty. And it is one that eventually leads to crime.

I also do believe that crime causes poverty in many cases. Poverty is a cycle, as are so many societal things.

However, show me a society that does not promote a lower class, and I will show you one with the lowest crime rates in the world....

I give you: SWITZERLAND

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
There are laws in this country against crue and unusual punishment. Therefore I declare that all police holding jails and all county cells should be shut. And for the safety of all the inmates in any kind of jail, these inmates should be all set free to go.

Then I invite you to create a neighborhood in which YOU will live next to pedophiles, murderers, rapists, robbers, drug dealers, gang members, and pimps...

Oh! And make sure you let your children play outside alone!

Magnum

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

And i suppose that when you hear a burglar in the middle of the night you will not be a hypocrite and call the bad guys?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations

What's this? I don't hear a single good cop wanting to uphold the very law they are supposed to enforce.

Probably because it's a waste of time. You've made up your mind...they are all bad and it seems all you want is a fight so what's point arguing into a wall?

So...I have met several good cops in my time...your argument is invalid

but believe what ya want...have fun in that world

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
''First and foremost, all cops are bad cops. There are no good cops in any state, in any country. And let me explain why there are no good cops and no such thing as a good cop.''

^^ I have to agree, somewhat. I'll admit - the only cops I have any respect for are REAL cops who work in dangerous cities such as Flint and Detroit Michigan. I give some of those guys props cause they really are putting their lives on the line on a daily basis and getting the real bad guys off the streets. However, cops that work in a city like Midland, Michigan, for example, are nothing but cowards. Midland Michigan is a white rich person town and the cops around here think they are so hardcore - especially the ones who work at the County Jail. IMO, most cops ride around with this God-Like mental complex like " Oooo I am the law - You will obey my every command. " You get what i'm saying. I absolutely despise most cops and would love to fight them in real life. I love NWA song F The Police " So take off the badge, so we can see what's up, and we'll go at it PUNK and Imma F You Up! " ~ Ren... so true, so true.

I have had one run in the with law in my life time. I am not proud of this at all. I'll be the first to admit - I put a lot of peoples lives in danger @ the time ( Fleeing and Eluding the Police ) I probably ran about 25 stop signs and just as many red lights. It is a miracle that I didn't die or someone else. I was topping out at 145 mph and actually went airborne a couple times. My car chase absolutely puts to shame any you see on T.V. and that is just a fact.

Anyway, after the State Cop rammed me off the road into a ditch- this is what happens - 2 State Cops come running at me with their guns drawn. I put my hand up and follow that command. Then, the one cop pulls out his flash light and smashes out the drivers side window and glass flew into my eyes and I even had chunks of broken glass in my mouth. Then, after that, the proceed to pull me out of the frigging broken window - rather than just unlocking the door and opening it. THEN, after that! They threw me on the ground and handcuff me and one of them kicked me in the ribs. Then, they took me to the back of the cop car where the cameras where not around -- they layed me down on the trunk. My head is lay down on the trunk and I hear this loud grunting sound like " Arrrrggghhhhh!!! " Then -- BAM! My head slams against the trunk and all I could see was blood leaking out on the trunk. I instantly felt so dizzy and about to pass out. Weird... it was almost a feeling of peace... in my mind I thought -- it's finally ovver.. it's never gonna happen again... I dunno, strange, peaceful thoughts racing through my head. Unbelieveable I know... lol I can't explain it... =)

Anyway, when they brought me to the county Jail the first thing that happens was I had a chance to look in the mirror and there was a small gash above my left eye when he slammed my head against the trunk. Also, when they took my Mug Shot, I had blood streaming down my face.

So to sum it all up - cops are cowards. They have no regard for human life. They abuse their power on a daily basis but THANK GOD there is a God and they will be judged for it. Allah Willin'

Also, I saw someone say that County Jails are " clean " ... sorry... maybe where you live but definitely not here... I heard horror stories about pretty much every county jail in the Mid to lower Michigan Area... Black mold, really bad spiders, tons of ants, roaches, you name it. The Jail I was at I had to spend 10 months in that b*tch and I spent the WHOLE summer in there with no air conditioning... my god... I don't know how I ever made it... plus we had little ants all over... very small cells and out of the 10 months I spent there -- I swear to god -- I went outside 1 time for real air for about 10 minutes. I swear to god. It was that horrible. Jail is a nightmare and no place for anyone... Anyways, that's all I have to say. Maybe 10% of cops are respectable.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Some cops are good (albeit misled) people. The fact of the matter is they work for and enforce a twisted and broken system which is fair to none but those at the top. They're hired goons for the mafia. They're not all bad people, but they're all working for a bad system. They're enforcers, who rule with an iron fist.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknotsThe child services cop whose job it is to make sure children are safe and given what they need, those cops are bad?

Oh please! You had to drag out the "It's for the children!!!" cleche to defend your point of view? You get negative points for that one.

Originally posted by Magnum007
We cops, are just too bad... We have an agenda to follow, a quota to make. We make people sick with our handcuffs, and give jail inmates Hepatitis C and AIDS by encouraging sex and with the drugs we supply directly to them...

We seek out and arrest people for fun, we enjoy beatings. We love to kill innocent people. We twist the law and we use words against people to make sure that innocent people go to jail just so that the guilty go free; it's all a game for us.

Yes and we non cops are getting tired of playing it

Originally posted by Magnum007
You wanted the inside story from a cop, you got it. Just remember this :

Don't call us when you get beaten up, when someone in your family disappears or gets raped. Don't call us if you get robbed, don't call if you are being chased or followed. Don't call us if you are being shot at. DON'T EVER CALL US... We might just be out to get you in the end...

Magnum

Yeah, those tired misfiled reports you take when the crimes you mentioned are committed sure make us safer.

Why don't you mention that over 80% of the committed crimes are never solved. That because of you are hindering non cops from conducting their own investigations and your own half-hearted atttempts encourage the criminals because they know that four out of five times they won't get caught. The Fifth time when they are caught it is only because they stole from someone who greased the right politcal palm.

edit on 26-4-2011 by ..5.. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I have had one run in the with law in my life time. I am not proud of this at all. I'll be the first to admit - I put a lot of peoples lives in danger @ the time ( Fleeing and Eluding the Police ) I probably ran about 25 stop signs and just as many red lights. It is a miracle that I didn't die or someone else. I was topping out at 145 mph and actually went airborne a couple times. My car chase absolutely puts to shame any you see on T.V. and that is just a fact.

Anyway, after the State Cop rammed me off the road into a ditch- this is what happens - 2 State Cops come running at me with their guns drawn. I put my hand up and follow that command. Then, the one cop pulls out his flash light and smashes out the drivers side window and glass flew into my eyes and I even had chunks of broken glass in my mouth. Then, after that, the proceed to pull me out of the frigging broken window - rather than just unlocking the door and opening it. THEN, after that! They threw me on the ground and handcuff me and one of them kicked me in the ribs. Then, they took me to the back of the cop car where the cameras where not around -- they layed me down on the trunk. My head is lay down on the trunk and I hear this loud grunting sound like " Arrrrggghhhhh!!! " Then -- BAM! My head slams against the trunk and all I could see was blood leaking out on the trunk. I instantly felt so dizzy and about to pass out. Weird... it was almost a feeling of peace... in my mind I thought -- it's finally ovver.. it's never gonna happen again... I dunno, strange, peaceful thoughts racing through my head. Unbelieveable I know... lol I can't explain it... =)

Anyway, when they brought me to the county Jail the first thing that happens was I had a chance to look in the mirror and there was a small gash above my left eye when he slammed my head against the trunk. Also, when they took my Mug Shot, I had blood streaming down my face.

So to sum it all up - cops are cowards. They have no regard for human life. They abuse their power on a daily basis but THANK GOD there is a God and they will be judged for it. Allah Willin'

So you break the law, put God knows how many people as risk including the cops themselves to being killed or maimed and you want them to be gentle with you when they finally get you?

And people wonder what is wrong with the youth of today.

You got off way too easy.

I never understood the mentality of some criminals, they complain about their 'rights' but never care about the rights of the people they violated with whatever crime they did.

I grew up in Brooklyn NY and I have seen the good with the bad when it comes to cops, is there bad cops out there, damn skippy but there are some damn good cops also.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join