It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! HUGE PROMINENCE: One of the biggest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
OMG! HUGE PROMINENCE: One of the biggest prominences in years erupted from the sun's northwestern limb today. The massive plasma-filled structure rose up and burst during a ~2 hour period around 0900 UT. Mark Townley sends this freeze-frame from his backyard observatory in Brierley Hill, West Midlands, UK The eruption hurled a bright coronal mass ejection (CME) into space: SOHO movie. The cloud is not heading toward Earth, at least not directly. A glancing blow from the outskirts of the CME is possible two to three days from now, but any impact is likely to be mild. The eruption was more photogenic than geoeffective spaceweather.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Very interesting for sure.

Here's some more I grabbed

The quiescent filament that has been making its way across the sun over the past couple of days finally appeared on the limb of the sun as a monster prominence. It's the biggest i've seen so far this solar cycle! Taken with SM40 @ f6 DMK31.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Its interesting to watch the guy on youtube, Astrotometry

He has this interesting theory that the sun directly relates to the earth in relation to events happening, and he has as of late been getting some very interesting results. I recommend at least checking out his stuff...he may be onto something

ultimately...what happens on the sun, a few days later, happens on earth..like some sort of chain reaction..mostly causing earthquakes and stuff like that.

so...check it out...its related and is picking up notice.
His Account Here

keep a open mind, but also be skeptical..if what he is mapping out is indeed real, its still not a fully formed model.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

Thanks! Looks like our sun is waking up! I wonder really if one ever did hit how would people act? No money, no power, no planes, no phone land or cell, no credit, almost everyone is so depend on ele. so plugged in they have forgot how to live. Kinda scary if you don't know how to survive the old way!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The thing that worries me more is look at the asteroid data and the orbit for asteroid 2010 gm23.

According to the java orbit movie it will come bloody close... TODAY!

LINK

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
S&F

so am i right in thinking that there will be an earthquake then? or something along those lines?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot
The thing that worries me more is look at the asteroid data and the orbit for asteroid 2010 gm23.

According to the java orbit movie it will come bloody close... TODAY!

LINK

That is a close one.
Only 0.0088 AU..

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Its interesting to watch the guy on youtube, Astrotometry

He has this interesting theory that the sun directly relates to the earth in relation to events happening, and he has as of late been getting some very interesting results. I recommend at least checking out his stuff...he may be onto something

ultimately...what happens on the sun, a few days later, happens on earth..like some sort of chain reaction..mostly causing earthquakes and stuff like that.

so...check it out...its related and is picking up notice.
His Account Here

keep a open mind, but also be skeptical..if what he is mapping out is indeed real, its still not a fully formed model.

Yea, that guy said after the Baja quake that ne next one was going to be somwhere in/near Alaska..

USGS

MAP 5.1 2010/04/07 10:04:41 52.148 -173.406 83.6 ANDREANOF ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN IS., ALASKA

Nice coincidence !

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Not much of a coincidence. The "next one" was actually in Indonesia.
2010/04/06 22:15:02 2.36N 97.13E 31 7.7 NORTHERN SUMATRA, INDONESIA

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Not so close. The Moon's orbit is .0027 AU.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ddarkangle2bad

Don't forget that we won't have any fresh water either since all the pumps are electric.
Scary stuff. I'm so glad I used to watch Little House on the Prairie a lot so I'll know what to do.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Dont wanna sound ignorant but how long till the effect is felt, and what would we expect to see or feel?
Theres also a plane thats just crashed and the body halfed, coincidence or not?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

It wasn't "aimed" at us so we probably won't feel anything. But if we did it would be in three days or so.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for that.
So in 2 or 3 days everyone will be in a foul mood feeling down with headaches again? Lets see?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Do you believe in the power of suggestion?
I think in three days everyone will be very happy and we will have world peace.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jazz10

Do you believe in the power of suggestion?
I think in three days everyone will be very happy and we will have world peace.

Phage, you wouldnt be auditioning for Miss America, would you? lol

Well, I certainly believe that the sun has an effect on the planet, I mean, it would be silly if it didnt!!!! Doesnt make sense.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

On me as well.
I missed my forehead on Sunday and got a nasty sunburn there.

Seriously, the Sun affects many things. But not everything.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

On me as well.
I missed my forehead on Sunday and got a nasty sunburn there.

Seriously, the Sun affects many things. But not everything.

LOL..pictures please..I want to see the red HEAD

Agreed, but it would make sense that earthquakes would even increase with solar activity

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It make might sense, but it doesn't seem that they do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
(shameless thread plugging)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ddarkangle2bad

STOP copy and paste

You cant just make a thread and copy all the text from another site.
Just link the damn article and quote only a few sentances. What everyone here at ATS is interested in is what YOU think about this. So say something.... a paragraph shouldnt be to much to ask for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join