It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jindal chief campaign fundraiser, savagely beaten

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I just found this story,

Allee Bautsch, chief campaign fundraiser for Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, and her boyfriend Joe Brown, were savagely beaten Friday night in New Orleans after leaving a Republican party fundraising dinner by a group of thugs who reportedly targeted the couple because they were wearing Sarah Palin pins.

Bautch's leg was broken and Brown incurred a broken jaw and nose as well as a concussion.

The Hayride reports that a source who visited Bautsch at the hospital the day after the attack says they were told the couple was attacked for wearing Palin buttons:

Two people at the Brennan’s event have now confirmed that the protest had largely broken up by the time it ended, but we also understand from someone who visited Allee Bautsch in the hospital Saturday morning that she and Brown were followed and attacked expressly because they had Palin pins on (she heard one of the attackers say “Let’s get them, they have Palin pins on” – so the attack WAS politically motivated as its victims understood it. It was not a mugging, it was not an argument gone wrong and it was not a bar fight.

thehayride.com...

Edited to say Michelle Malkin says,

I just heard from Mr. Plotkin that Bautsch and her boyfriend were NOT wearing Palin pins.

So who knows?

“While there were protestors around at that time, we are not aware of any evidence that the individuals involved in the altercation were protestors,” Plotkin said in a statement.

Plotkin said the New Orleans Police Department is investigating.

“We are refraining from further comment to allow them to fully investigate and ensu

[edit on 033030p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well, they certainly couldn't have been those caring, compassionate, diversity-loving "progressives" because they would never do that!

This is why I have a CCW and carry a loaded gun... just in case some "progressive" decides to show me how much they "love" me!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
How could that be?

I mean, all the hate and violence is always on the right. Never the left.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
“Let’s get them, they have Palin pins on”

Really? Did they carve an "O" for Obama in their foreheads?
That sounds like comic book dialouge to me.
Well, I don't approve of beating Palin supporters up first of all.
But I find this account, uh, somewhat fishy. A few more details please?
Maybe they were Rommney supporters!

Or Alaskans on vacation!

I'd like to hear more about this one.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Well, they certainly couldn't have been those caring, compassionate, diversity-loving "progressives" because they would never do that!

This is why I have a CCW and carry a loaded gun... just in case some "progressive" decides to show me how much they "love" me!

Shocked, she was beaten so badly they broke her leg? My god,

Gov. Bobby Jindal’s chief campaign fund-raiser is recovering from injuries she suffered in a Friday night altercation with a group of people in the French Quarter, the governor’s office said Monday.

Allee Bautsch suffered a broken leg and her boyfriend suffered a concussion and a fractured nose and jaw in the incident, which happened after a fundraising event at Brennan’s Restaurant on behalf of the Louisiana Republican Party
on Friday evening.

Jindal was at the fund-raising event at the restaurant, but was not present when the incident occurred.

Kyle Plotkin, a Jindal spokesman, said Bautsch had surgery during the weekend and is facing a recovery time of two to three months.

“NOPD is investigating the incident and we are refraining from further comment to allow them to fully investigate and ensure justice is done,” Plotkin said. “Our prayers are with Allee. She is a strong person and we are sure she will make a speedy recovery.”

Why isn't this on the news?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Oh course" you" would find it fishy.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What do you mean, "Why isn't this on the news?" You know darned well why - the MSM would NEVER do anything to harm the progressive movement. They plaster reports of Democrat Representatives being spat upon, even when it didn't happen, but not a peep about this. Keep in mind, it took them forever to report the Black Panther election story as well - until it was viral on the internet.

And people try to convince me that MSM is "objective".
It is the new minitry of propaganda!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

And then there’s this report, which details a bunch of left-wing goons who protested outside of the event:

Anarchists took to the streets in New Orleans on Friday to protest the SRLC, marching to the Hilton Hotel, where a banner was hanging from the roof which said “We won’t pay for their crisis. Become the crisis!” —- The march then headed to Brennan’s Restaurant, where a $10,000 a plate SRLC dinner was in progress. Brennan’s is notorious as the largest donor to the LA Restaurant Association, which sued to block a $1 minimum wage raise that was approved by voters in New Orleans in 2002. —- Protesters marched against traffic and lost the police on the way, and attempted to storm the restaurants doors after chants echoed off the walls in the narrow French Quarter streets. The police arrived just as people started to stream through the doors and they pushed everyone back outside. SRLC delegates were forced to walk a gauntlet of protesters chanting “they say cut backs, we say fight back!” as they exited the restaurant.

Eventually the march headed back to the Hilton and chanted “Racist, Sexist, Anti-Gay, Right Wing Bigots Go Away” to the delegates entering and exiting the hotel before dispersing.

The march included brass bands, students from UNO, healthcare workers fighting to re-open Charity Hospital, and people angry about a bunch of racist, fascist bigots coming to New Orleans after their leaders drowned it only 4 years ago. New Orleans is still badly damaged from the hurricane, and the GOP should be ashamed to come party on top of its ruins while we still struggle to recover. Their arrogance and wealth is only fuel to stoke our fires of anger at the injustice and deprivation we live through every day.

Form same source,

Can you imagine the outrage if this had been Tea Partiers?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
“Let’s get them, they have Palin pins on”

Really? Did they carve an "O" for Obama in their foreheads?
That sounds like comic book dialouge to me.
Well, I don't approve of beating Palin supporters up first of all.
But I find this account, uh, somewhat fishy. A few more details please?
Maybe they were Rommney supporters!

Or Alaskans on vacation!

I'd like to hear more about this one.
Can you be more specific about what you find to be 'fishy' in the story?
I think it's a little fishy how you say you don't approve of the beating, then make jokes about it.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Now where have I heard this before.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8bba3e6db93.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It could be true, I really don't know.
Do you?
Can you be more specific as to why you unquestioning accept it as true?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

What do you mean, "Why isn't this on the news?" You know darned well why - the MSM would NEVER do anything to harm the progressive movement. They plaster reports of Democrat Representatives being spat upon, even when it didn't happen, but not a peep about this.

Exactly.

This is of course still under investigation,

Allee Bautsch: Bobby Jindal’s Campaign Finance Director Attacked In French Quarter
www.rightpundits.com...

www.lifeitsownself.com...

Well they have been keeping this hush hush.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There are idiots on both sides of the political spectrum, it's no reason to bash either side for it though.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I respectfully disagree! BOTH sides should be bashed for it - repeatedly. The extremists on BOTH sides are what is ripping the country apart. ON the "Progressive" side, you have those who believe that everything should be provided for them at other's expense. On the right wing, you have the extremists who believe that the Church should be the government!

Why can't we just figure out how to get rid of ALL of them, so that those of us who believe in being left alone can go about our business???????

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
New Orleans is a savage city post Katrina...I mean even more then before.
So this beating is not difficult to believe. The dialogue does sound lame but it could have been lost/mixed up/summarized in the retelling.
I would be more inclined to believe that the beating took place because they were close aids to Bobby Jindal than Palin supporters. It is not known outside of Louisiana but Jindal is hated much by those on the Louisiana conservative right and most Louisiana Repubs that voted for him. Jindal has many enemies. The Palin story may be a cover-up by the Jindal political "I want to be president too!" machine

He is rather sad really, he goes on FOX and touts how he has cut spending and cut taxes when he has the biggest number of state employess in the nation and continues to tax and spend like a drunk Nancy Pelosi.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My problem with this (although it wouldn't surprise me knowing some far left people) is why isn't it on Fox? They usually would pick up this story. I have been searching and maybe they will pick it up, but I never trust either side of the political movement when there is something clearly to gain. Good job OP breaking this story, but lets see how it plays out. Maybe we can get some journalists to pick up on it and go investigate.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

You are putting words in my mouth.
Please feel free to show me where I made any statement regarding the veracity of the story.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm now convinced that the US has started its inevitable collapse into anarchy, much like Somalia or parts of middle east were gangs of thugs commit atrocities on the "other guys" out of sheer hatred for the other side.

In a civilized society, no one should be in fear of their lives or safety just because of what they believe or who they happen to be. To be beaten because of your political views is something that is more characteristic of Mugabe's Zimbabwe that is should be of the US.

But the reaction to this in the posts I've read is not a call to greater tolerance and support for civil and peaceful debate but rather an escalation of the xenophobia and partisan violence and hatred that now laughingly is called US politics.

To someone on the outside looking in, the left and right conflicts in the US are starting to look more like the Arab-Israeli conflicts rather than a democratic political system.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
At the risk of being flogged for having the temerity to look things up ...

The protesters that they suspect of doing this aren't part of the left/right silliness but were in fact anarchists. www.ainfos.ca...

Now from what I read from one of the updates from stormdancer's link, some left wing blogger championed the act. That is for sure shameful and quite indicative of the escalating rhetoric from both sides of the coin ... the guy is a hate filled idiot plain and simple.

As far as the attack taking place for wearing a Palin pin, if this is true it is also reprehensible no matter what the ideology of the attacker. No matter what, I hope they find the culprits and stick them in jail where they belong.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well... some really nice "democracy" you have over there, where someone is beaten up because of his/her political views.

way to go

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join