It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Conspiracy up North, CANADA is waking up !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ok, maybe I shouldn't have put conspiracy in the title but the Tea Party is sure treated like one in the USA.

Canadians are finally waking up to realize those tax shackles that they have been chained to all this time need to come off. The Tea Party movement is inspiring people to do what is right and push for their governments to change their overspending ways.

Quebec Tea Party

QUEBEC – Between 45,000 and 50,000 people organizers described as members of Quebec's "silent majority" demonstrated peacefully Sunday in front of the National Assembly against tax hikes in the recent provincial budget. Read more: www.montrealgazette.com...

The budget proposes the gradual introduction, over two years, of a 15-per-cent sales tax, after harmonization of the Quebec sales tax with the federal goods and services tax. The first of four one-cent-a-litre increases in the fuel tax is already in effect. Read more: www.montrealgazette.com...

This articles highlights the events in Quebec. Canada has a real diverse population like ours. I wonder if there is going to be a similar MSM or LSM (Lame Stream Media) uproar about the racist propaganda, homophobic propaganda, gender propaganda portrayed against this peaceful gathering.

Our neighbors up North are finally waking up.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Actually, being Canadian, were better off than most of the world with our economy and government.

Far better off than you guys. The people of Quebec are the ones who whine he most, about anything that isn't proposed or made by the provincial government.

We kind of just let them run themselves.

Although I had not heard about the 15 % sales tax increase, that's kind of ridiculous.

Edit to add: When you say we've finally woken up, I'm a bit insulted by that. Americans are far more complacent and "asleep" than we are, trust me.

If our government even mentioned half the things that have passed into law in your country, we would have removed every one of them.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/13/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I wasn't trying to be insulting, I apologize if you or anyone took my post that way. I also find it insulting for you to call people whiners when they are voicing their opinions, especially 50,000 of them.

Also to be as deeply taxed as you guys are up North, I am surprised that you guys didn't have something similar to the Tea Party before...Hence the awakening comment.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
I wasn't trying to be insulting, I apologize if you or anyone took my post that way. I also find it insulting for you to call people whiners when they are voicing their opinions, especially 50,000 of them.

Also to be as deeply taxed as you guys are up North, I am surprised that you guys didn't have something similar to the Tea Party before...Hence the awakening comment.

No apologies needed friend.

And if you knew the history of Quebec, you would know why we call them whiners, no offense to any of my French brethren, they know what I mean.

BTW, we pay as much tax as you do, ours is just uniform is all. M taxes have actually decreased in the last 10 years.

The Canadian Federal Government has been attempting to remove tax brackets so that we are taxed less.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The funny thing about Canada, is that the Bank of Canada can print its own money but we borrow from tha banks like any other country. Isnt that a shame. We could literally pay off our National Debt at NO INTEREST. Our money is printed in Germany. WTF? The same company that hyperinflated Zimbabwes economy. Their dollar was worth almost a buck 50 US at one point. It got so bad there, they were using their currency as wallpaper. It's become a Corporate nightmare. Everything is being sold off. The 407 in Ontario cost over 100 billion to make and they sold it for 3 and change to some other country. It's a pay per km highway. The politicians here are just as bad and involved with the same crowd.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by prionace glauca

We are deeply taxed, however we also see something tangible from much of our taxes, such as health care. Not perfect and could be much better to be sure but I think that if you do the math you would find that Canada has a higher personal GDP than in the states and that while our taxes are high, they are not hat muh higher than down south and we don't have to pay outrageously high insurance premiums or medical bills. This is not to say hat Canada doesn't need some waking up though, the Harper regime is doing some pretty damn questionable stuff that needs to be called out hard.

With regards to Quebec, there is a pretty large divide between québécois culture and much of the rest of Canada. So often we just don't get them and they just don't get us.

I'm all for less taxes in general, like in the states I think we are terribly over regulated for a free people...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't think the lame stream media will try to slander these groups they will ingore them entirely. They might try to slander them but they'll have to be talking about them in the first place when they're forced to. They won't go out of their way to talk about these groups when Tiger Woods had a bad day at the Masters.

There was an editoral segment on CBC where when asked about a 2-tiered justice system relating to the case of Rahim Jaffer, an former (?) Conservative Party MP, and the husband of another Conservative Party member, Helena Guergis (who is like a petulant child, recently resigned following an ongoing RCMP probe) who got off with a 500 fine after being caught with coc aine in his car, I think.

Anyway, one of the guys in the editoral commentary board flipped out and called people who thought that there was a justice system for the rich and the poor, whacked out conspiracy theorists "We call them nutjobs" he screamed. "They're F-ed in the head" or something like that, just shouting over any intelligent debate, demanding the others call them nutjobs instead.

CBC then decided something was wrong because they almost immediately aired an propaganda quasi advert about patriotic Canadians and how special our country is, trying to soothe any frayed nerves among the 'citizens'.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's Quebec.

Ask ANY Canadian. They will tell you to ignore those whiners because they are just that; spoiled whiners.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Supprising information about Canadian corruption can be found here. Probably the biggest eye oppener for me. It's a gread documentary with actual Ex PM's. Paul Martin gets caught many times being interviewed with nothing to say. He is such a weasel.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They even tryed to break up our country....Seperatists.
But honestly, I dont mind the taxes, when I can go into the hospital and come out with no bill and feeling much better. Sometimes the lineups are long, but who cares when its free!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I am not from Quebec and let me tell you that I dont call them whiners. I totally respect their culture. You would be surprised how different than the rest of Canada they are. A 14 year old can have a beer with his dad no problem.. The father doesnt make it out to be a big nasty thing. Legal drinking age is 18. Fantastic food etc. They are definitly more vocal about politics. Less of a sheeple

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Grossac]

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Grossac]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
It's Quebec.

Ask ANY Canadian. They will tell you to ignore those whiners because they are just that; spoiled whiners.

Wrong...I am Canadian and the arrogance of your comment is disturbing.

To the people calling them whiners I have to say that is incredably rude.
They are a majority in Quebec and a minority to the rest of Canada.
I love Quebec for taking themselves and their culture that seriously.
The arrogant ones are calling them whiners...go figure.

As for the OP,I agree with Tothetenthpower...we are far more awake then our American friends.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think the awakening comment might still have a place seeing the posts so far are some favorable to the article and mostly unfavorable. Though I agree, calling other people whiners because they don't want to be taxed more is pretty rude.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There is going to be no uproar in Canada because unlike the US political system, ours is built so that whenever any sign of corruption or bad mis-use of power is found, parties will jump on it like vultures and force an election.

Of course, this can always cause problems because parties are trying to force elections all the time, but the point remains that unless the winning party has a majority, which hasn't happened in almost 10 years, they are going to have to listen to and respect all sides of the debate in order to maintain power.

And as it's been said earlier in this thread, we are no where near the same level of "sheepleness" as the US... if there is one thing that Canadians really care about, it's our dignity and our high values and morals- that is the one common denominator we ALL agree on... even the "whiners" in Quebec.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I agree that it is better. The liberals and the conservatives are playing for the same team though. They are put in place by big corporations. One guy in particular has had an impact. Paul Desmarais. They call him the monopoly man. We would need the NDP to stirr things up.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

When you say we've finally woken up, I'm a bit insulted by that. Americans are far more complacent and "asleep" than we are, trust me.

Excuse me? What year did canada get independence?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I doubt the majority in Canada feels over taxed. They have social programs in place for that reason and their taxes are about the same as ours. Seems that those sales taxes are local and that would be a cause for concern mind you. No doubt that some of them are pissed but in the current climate someone is going to be. We as Americans really have a reason to be pissed. Outrageous taxes justified by war and so called "economic stimulus packages".

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If a Tea Party were to be set up anywhere I would have thought Quebec, Alberta or NewFoundland. Quebec is a wonderful city and though I do not think the seperatist ideology is something I would support, I don't think it's fair to call all of Quebec whiners. I can have a conversation in english when I am there and would be lost if they did not take the bilingualism in our country more seriously than I ever have.

I think its good that people are organizing around what they believe in and support any Canadian in their right to do so.

As for the Canadians "waking up" comment. I feel strange about that. I know many in my age group who would agree in whole or in part with the myriad of views espoused here but it seems only in the last year or so I have heard any Canadian from my parents generation (the baby boomers) talking about freedoms lost and the way government abuses the populace. My dad still believes all Muslims are terrorists and should be killed but when it comes to issues of currency and the economy there is more distinct common ground across the generations. That's from my experience anyways.

Canada is large with its denser population centres spread out across the country which, in my eyes, makes it difficult to say Canada is or isn't waking up. For instance, I have family up past Kirkland lake that live off the land and hasn't ever owned a television and barely reads the news.
They don't follow politics but their world view would fall in line with many who have "awoken".

Cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Yes I do tip my hat to America for attempting to throw the chains off first but then the Civil War only reintroduced many of the reasons you fought for sovereignty in the first place. Perhaps not right away but over time it seems to me that the changes that have been happening in your country can be traced back to the civil war and the british financial interests that helped pay for the North.

Canada has gained independence in a gradual process that started with four british colonies and the formation of our constitution and then further seperated ourselves in the Twentieth century with Pierre Trudeau ( I may be incorrect on the Prime Minister who signed the Constitution act. But even so it was the Canada Act passed through British Parliament that started that process. Ultimately though I don't see the relevance in who fought for freedom first. What I feel matters most is where we are now and the gradual move from complacency to indignation is a good first step.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thebulldog

i would agree however it was said that americans were

complacent and "asleep"

I think independence has a lot to do with it, wouldn't putting up with a nother country running yours and being fine with it for a long time fit the deffinition of "complacent". You did not answer the question what year did canada get independence? even with canada's two major political parties neither one opposes the idea of having a queen.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by zaiger]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join